Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official Wrestlemania XXIX Thread

Oct 25, 2003
I just know next weeks RAW from Hicksville USA will be normal service with 3 hours of Tout spam, movie spam and anti bullying spam, just hope they don't waste the momentum of last weeks show

the show wasn't actually that great though this week, the crowd transformed it from a mediocre event into a memorable one

the best moment was the cash in, which should've happened at WM

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I haven't really watched wrestling since I was a teenager but I'm in Chicago in June and randomly found out the PPV Payback was happening there the night before I fly back. Turns out the venue is right next to the Airport!

So have ended up getting tickets, will be an interesting way to spend the last night out there!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For those who are part of the "it's fake" brigade, please stay away- you think we don't all already know it's scripted!
Strangely though, there are some that don't realise it's scripted. Enjoy it for the fun show it is. I still can't work out why it's on sky sports though.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Strangely though, there are some that don't realise it's scripted. Enjoy it for the fun show it is. I still can't work out why it's on sky sports though.

Yeah but there's also people who believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeah but there's also people who believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.
Not over 10. Anyway: what are the best things about WWE? Is it the moves, the crowd, the trash talking?

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
I haven't really watched wrestling since I was a teenager but I'm in Chicago in June and randomly found out the PPV Payback was happening there the night before I fly back. Turns out the venue is right next to the Airport!

So have ended up getting tickets, will be an interesting way to spend the last night out there!

Thats a new PPV so will be interesting to see what kinda matches will be involved, hopefully it will be a good Card for you!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Thats a new PPV so will be interesting to see what kinda matches will be involved, hopefully it will be a good Card for you!

Yeah I looked it up on google and saw it was a new one. Apparently Brock Lesnar is headlining as he's on the poster. No idea what to expect really!

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Stables are old hat, Cesaro been jobbing for months

That's why we need more stables, old wwe with stables was a success if done correctly and Cesaro should not be jobbing as he is one of the best talents I've seen for some time, just wish Vince saw it that way.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
That's why we need more stables, old wwe with stables was a success if done correctly and Cesaro should not be jobbing as he is one of the best talents I've seen for some time, just wish Vince saw it that way.

Stables have been done to death, WWE need to push Fandango, Ryback, The Shield etc to main event level and run with them there. They need to repackage Cesaro to what he is, a legitimate wrestler who doesn't need a gimmick like he has now. Cesaro v Wade Barrett would be a decent start up for him

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Stables have been done to death, WWE need to push Fandango, Ryback, The Shield etc to main event level and run with them there. They need to repackage Cesaro to what he is, a legitimate wrestler who doesn't need a gimmick like he has now. Cesaro v Wade Barrett would be a decent start up for him

WWE put two heel wrestlers against each other!? Would be an awesome match but it won't happen sadly will it? They're definitely holding Ryback back at the moment, which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing as I don't want him to peak too soon. Saying that they need more competition at the top end of the roster...

Does anyone think TNA can eventually compete ala WCW to WWE in the future?

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England

I'm a massive fan of TNA...think they have brilliant talent, decent bookings, and the X-Division (when they used to book it properly) is breathtakingly amazing!

I'm happy with it being 2nd fiddle, which I think it will be for a very long time...they don't have the history or the money to compete like Billionaire Ted's WCW, but I enjoy watching TNA far more than WWE nowadays (used to be a massive fan of both WCW and WWF/E during the Monday Night Wars era though!)

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
WWE put two heel wrestlers against each other!? Would be an awesome match but it won't happen sadly will it? They're definitely holding Ryback back at the moment, which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing as I don't want him to peak too soon. Saying that they need more competition at the top end of the roster...

Not a chance of TNA ever competing on a level stage with the WWE, did you ever go to see WWE at the Brighton Centre or when WWA when Sting main evented ?

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
I do hope you have all read Bret Harts book, that is quite a read whether you like him or not...no 4 out of 10 for it either ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here