Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official Wrestlemania XXIX Thread

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
Reports now that the rock suffered an injury in the match and flew off to get it sorted before he goes to make his next movie (Hercules).

This week's raw is worth watching just for the crowd (particular the orton/sheamus match and fandango one)

and also with a certain Mr. Dolph Ziggler :) the crowd was amazing last night

Had a viewing of Raw this morning and the crowd was absolutely brilliant. Not too surprising considering it's mainly still the diehards/smart fans leftover from sunday but under a roof to keep the atmosphere in however much more prominent than previous years! Great video here of fans still singing Fandango's theme after the event had finished! https://vine.co/v/btWLDKPHT6a

Issue with most arenas around the US is it's mainly local fans, usually made up of the Cena loving kiddies/mums who won't generate an atmosphere for anyone other than Super Cena. Exceptions are usually crowds in NY/NJ, Boston, Chicago and Philly amongst others (probably left out a few tbh!)

Think closest will get to that is when it's at the O2 in 2 weeks. Went last year and was brilliant, however seem to recall Birmingham crowd was hot from watching that on TV in November.

It's a little sad, but I popped as soon as I read the words "Dolph cashes in"!! We were all chanting "We want Ziggler" as soon as the WHC mania match ended in Wahoo and still dispointed it didn't happen then because of the significance the occasion would have brought it, but he's got the belt now and it's up to him to prove his doubters wrong and elevate himself to that top rung of performers.

Also, am seriously considering getting a ticket for Smackdown at the O2 as still some available for about £40. Want to see Taker live before he retires!

Last edited:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
1365481669_8626_RAW_1037_Photo_64.jpg

yeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
It's a little sad, but I popped as soon as I read the words "Dolph cashes in"!! We were all chanting "We want Ziggler" as soon as the WHC mania match ended in Wahoo and still dispointed it didn't happen then because of the significance the occasion would have brought it, but he's got the belt now and it's up to him to prove his doubters wrong and elevate himself to that top rung of performers.

Heh, I watched it at Wahoo too. It's definitely more fun to watch with a crowd and a bit of atmosphere compared to at home

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
When they started singing the fandango theme tune, I thought they were trying to get the 'fing useless' chant going.

Heh, I watched it at Wahoo too. It's definitely more fun to watch with a crowd and a bit of atmosphere compared to at home

Indeed. Was at the all day Mania party at Belushis from 4pm last year and ended up watching it at Wahoo which was brilliant, hence why I went back again this year! Was closest thing you could get in terms of atmosphere besides going to a taping itself!

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
That was the best Raw I've seen since the Attitude era! The crowd were amazing. Was just watching a vid of Cena coming out to the crowd at the end of the show to tell them how awesome they were.

There's now a campaign on Facebook and twitter to try and get Fandango's theme song into the UK top 40 so it gets airplay on the Radio 1 Chart Show on Sunday. Had jumped up around 100 places from yesterday evening to #77!

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
There seems to be a fair few wrestling fans on NSC, does anyone wanna start up and use an 'official' thread maybe? It's good to hear what other peeps have to say about wrestling in general.

Oct 25, 2003
Was really happy for him to win back the IC belt, he should never have had to put The Miz over in the first place!

no idea why they bothered with the miz win anyway, unless they're protecting his "undefeated streak" at WM to exploit a few years down the line....but he's hardly the undertaker is he?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here