The Official ***Palace will blow it thread***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Palace have some tricky fixtures coming up - should drop some points and the goons should be gone from here shortly.

You've been saying that for weeks now. We've played Cardiff, Bolton, Wolves, Leicester and Blackburn in the last 14 games. We have comfortably been the better team in every single game we've played, and we have won all of them. 11 wins and 3 draws in the last 14 games.

This isn't "good form", this is the best side in the division.

As for "teams will stop Zaha", look at Derby on Saturday. They had 3 men on Wilfried at all times and were kicking him all over the shop. He hardly got a touch, and when he did he was taken out moments later. Because they concentrated on Wilf so much this left Bolasie, Murray and Moritz free to run riot. We never got out of second gear against Derby, and yet we still won 3-0. Derby are a decent team and will be expecting to finish comfortably in midtable with some time in the playoffs. We made them look terrible; limiting them to 1 shot on target in the whole game which came in injury time, while playing flowing, attacking football from start to finish. We were 3-0 up and looking to score more until the very end.

At the moment we are by far the hardest team in the league to play against. If you have 3 men on Zaha, the rest of our team takes advantage and beats you without him. If you only put two men on Zaha, he walks through them as if they weren't there and we win anyway.

Obviously we'll drop points again at some point this season (and I hope to f*ck it isn't against you) but any of you thinking we're going to fall off the pace and back below you are in dreamland as things stand. If you want to finish above us, you really need to get your act together. This isn't like last season. We aren't getting fluke results and lucky decisions, we're destroying teams with ease left, right and center. You're going to need to actually improve your team, not hope that we get worse overnight.

This isn't arrogance, this is confidence in our team based on what we've seen so far this season. Just make sure you don't spoil our party next week or we'll get really upset :thumbsup:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You've been saying that for weeks now. We've played Cardiff, Bolton, Wolves, Leicester and Blackburn in the last 14 games. We have comfortably been the better team in every single game we've played, and we have won all of them. 11 wins and 3 draws in the last 14 games.

As for "teams will stop Zaha", look at Derby on Saturday. They had 3 men on Wilfried at all times and were kicking him all over the shop. He hardly got a touch, and when he did he was taken out moments later. Because they concentrated on Wilf so much this left Bolasie, Murray and Moritz free to run riot. We never got out of second gear against Derby, and yet we still won 3-0. Derby are a decent team and will be expecting to finish comfortably in midtable with some time in the playoffs. We made them look terrible; limiting them to 1 shot on target in the whole game which came in injury time, while playing flowing, attacking football from start to finish. We were 3-0 up and looking to score more until the very end.

At the moment we are by far the hardest team in the league to play against. If you have 3 men on Zaha, the rest of our team takes advantage and beats you without him. If you only put two men on Zaha, he walks through them as if they weren't there and we win anyway.

Obviously we'll drop points again at some point this season (and I hope to f*ck it isn't against you) but any of you thinking we're going to fall off the pace and back below you are in dreamland as things stand. If you want to finish above us, you really need to get your act together. This isn't like last season. We aren't getting fluke results and lucky decisions, we're destroying teams with ease left, right and center. You're going to need to actually improve your team, not hope that we get worse overnight.

This isn't arrogance, this is confidence in our team based on what we've seen so far this season. Just make sure you don't spoil our party next week or we'll get really upset :thumbsup:

We shall see at the end of the season. You goons really have set yourselves up for an ALMIGHTY fall.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

this made me laugh

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure if I'd prefer them to blow it before we play them or not because it would be kinda good it if it was us who derailed them with a convincing win.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We shall see at the end of the season. You goons really have set yourselves up for an ALMIGHTY fall.

A lot of egg-face potential in this post.

Like i say if they Go Up i will eat my words and bounce my own thread,but if they don't i expect all hell and fire to be unleashed from all our fans,call it pay back for invading the boards on a daily basis.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not sure if I'd prefer them to blow it before we play them because it would be kinda good it if it was us who derailed them with a convincing win.

Don't really agree.

A dirty win for Leeds, defeat against a very good Hull side, and a lesson in beautiful football from the albion could see them below us, if we can take advantage of our next 2 home games.

That would be the sweetest of all - not the most likely, granted.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Pains me to say it, but by most accounts they were easily the best team that we (Derby) have played this season - Zaha didn't really contribute but Murray really was very very good. It's not particularly 'pretty' football, but just lumping it to Murray ASAP proves very effective!!! Substance over style, yes, but I'd take it every time....

PsychoPaul

Banned
Nov 7, 2012
A lot of egg-face potential in this post.

lol, maybe, but I doubt it. Anyway we shall see. I won't be at the first 2 as they are away games & work & family things means I don't get to away games (although if I can get a ticket for the Brighton game in March I'll be there). Still I'll be there on the 1st & hopefully we'll still be unbeaten, that will give you something to aim for & might make the game a bit more less of a walkover for us :wink: Our current home form in the last 3 games is 10 goals with a clean sheet, what's Brightons?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
2 wins and a draw 5 scored 5 against and 1 clean sheet

PsychoPaul

Banned
Nov 7, 2012
Pains me to say it, but by most accounts they were easily the best team that we (Derby) have played this season - Zaha didn't really contribute but Murray really was very very good. It's not particularly 'pretty' football, but just lumping it to Murray ASAP proves very effective!!! Substance over style, yes, but I'd take it every time....

Zaha didn't contribute because you had him well over-marked, which many a team makes the mistake of doing as it frees up other players (we aren't a one player team), the trouble is if you don't double or treble mark him he'll leave you standing. I have to say Murray's 2nd goal was the best I've seen him score this season though, he left your defenders for dead which must be quite embarassing as he doesn't have that much pace.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I am confident Gus will not allow anybody to man mark any Palace player,it would interfere with our game,a game that if we are really at it and on it on the night could see the Eagles chasing shadows all night long.

I can't wait i hope both teams are at full strength as to to excuses.

PsychoPaul

Banned
Nov 7, 2012
2 wins and a draw 5 scored 5 against and 1 clean sheet

I'm sure it won't be a boring nil-nil draw then. Mind you we have scored in every game this season so far (even the 3 we lost & the ones we have drawn). I do apologise in advance to you all on NSC if on the evening of the 1st of December I come onto your forum board & start quoting back all your comments on every post. When I say 'if' I don't mean if we lose, I mean if I am unable to stop myself from trying to ruin you day even more...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'm sure it won't be a boring nil-nil draw then. Mind you we have scored in every game this season so far (even the 3 we lost & the ones we have drawn). I do apologise in advance to you all on NSC if on the evening of the 1st of December I come onto your forum board & start quoting back all your comments on every post. When I say 'if' I don't mean if we lose, I mean if I am unable to stop myself from trying to ruin you day even more...

I expect hordes of Palace on here if you win,if we win it could be a quieter night..

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex

:thumbsup:Agree with pretty much all you have said G.M Lets hope for lots of goals in the Weeds net come the 1st Dec. I think it will be all too easy for us.....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
:thumbsup:Agree with pretty much all you have said G.M Lets hope for lots of goals in the Weeds net come the 1st Dec. I think it will be all too easy for us.....

Or Murray could get his tactical yellow card against Hull, so as not to 'put himself in a difficult position' :lolol:

How good is your second string strike-force ?

A number of your fans, by the way, are tottering on the cliff edge of a frighteningly long fall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports