The Official ***Palace will blow it thread***

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I'd love that lot to blow it but they are looking extremely strong at the moment and there's always one unfancied team in the mix at the end of the season and as much as it grates us it will probably be them. Hopefully we will knock them out in the play-offs

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
From the BBS. Well, well, well. :)

DaveP said:
If we remain unbeaten in the next 2 games against Leeds and Hull, we equal the club record of 16 games unbeaten, meaning going into the Brighton match and not losing will create a new club record!

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Sadly DaveP obviously doesn't know our record...Longest Unbeaten = 18 Games, 22 February 1969 – 13 August 1969.
If we win/draw at Leeds and Hull that only makes it 16 undefeated. if we avoid defeat to your lot then its 17 games...will still need to win/draw two more after that to break the record.

Though talking about records... surely 49 threads about an opposition club in 10 days must be a record?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Even IF (a big if) palace do go up i will enjoy seeing them get battered week in week out in the PL.. Look whats happening to saints and they are a better team then palace.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Even IF (a big if) palace do go up i will enjoy seeing them get battered week in week out in the PL.. Look whats happening to saints and they are a better team then palace.

So you're basically saying you wouldn't want Albion to go up this season? Because likewise, you would be battered every week.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
So you're basically saying you wouldn't want Albion to go up this season? Because likewise, you would be battered every week.

I think a fair few fans would happily admit that it'd be bad for us to go up this season- we're not ready for it. Obviously if it were to happen (big if right now) then we'd embrace it and try to remain competitive but i think it'd be a year or two too soon.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I think a fair few fans would happily admit that it'd be bad for us to go up this season- we're not ready for it. Obviously if it were to happen (big if right now) then we'd embrace it and try to remain competitive but i think it'd be a year or two too soon.

I agree but whilst the chance is there you have to go for it, only 3 teams can go up each year. Given the competitiveness of this league, promotion from the Championship is one of the hardest things to do in football IMO. The money that you get is massive and can help you build for the future. Look at West Brom, a yo yo club for a long time but now they look an establised Prem side.

Last edited:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Palace supporter here in peace ffs,
What makes you so sure that zaha will go in january,dougie said it and holloway has said it that the boy is going nowhere,zaha himself as said he is happy at palace,
Now!!,after watching the holloway interview on are club website he clearly stated that zaha is going nowhere in january,and its just media speculation (his own words to the media)
Look lets just get this straight!!wilfried zaha is not going nowhere,he's not going anywhere hes playing in palace's first team,and he's playing so well that other people might like him,they havn't phone up yet its not a done deal!!!because its not gona happen,Its speculation,so your fulling that speculation so i would like you to just damped it Down,Look the boy is in are first team,we're winning matches thats where he's need's to be.

Make from it what you will,but zaha's not going this year weed fans,ask your self a question why would palace sell him?,and dont be saying we need the money, palace are not that bad off, although some of you think different,The 20million placed on zaha was is a deterrent to other team's who want his signature AND YES if a plastic team placed a 20million bid cpfc2010 would be foolish not to take it,just look a utd and the ronaldo deal they said he's not for sale but when a 80million offer came calling he was off,did utd need the money or was is forward planning???.
So please weed stop with all this bullshit talking about zaha this and zaha that ffs.he's staying this season so just fu-ckin live with it,Its a sad state of affairs that you lot think he's the only player on are team at the minute that can score a few goals,and by us losings him in the january window will sink us,no one player is bigger than the team,we have other players that score too or are you so blinded by your jealousy of are team and the insecurity of your own team at the moment to grind out wins against team's you should be beating.
You talk about what if zaha wasn't there?? who would palace have to score,i,ll tell you, The rest off are team,you can spend millions on player's, But you can't buy what we have at the minute,And that's team spirit.Granted are run will end, But fu-ck me!! what a ride its gona be untill that game.
O'ahy who's bangin the goals in for you at the moment,if they got injured or dropped form what would happen then, CMS and Dobbie to name a few...

Are and Our are two different words.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
:lolol:

Attachments

• jcb.jpg
    jcb.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 44

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

Yes, this is what I'm saying.. I don't think our squad right now is ready for the PL... This is why we had the 5 year plan to get the squad and infrastructure up to PL standards when Gus took over. We have the infrastructure and we are working on the squad.

I would be more than happy to stay in this league for another two seasons, then having a bash at taking the next step up. This is just my opinion and i'm sure there are many Albion fans who will agree and many that wont. That's life....

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
This year's play off final is NAILED ON to be... Us v Them. I would rather it wasn't though... i wouldn't wish the cavalcade of caravans that will pitch up in parks, children's playgrounds and playing fields across Wembley and surrounding areas on any group of residents.

I do rather feel that we're coming into a nice patch of form ourselves. Great win Saturday and we should win the next two home matches.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I agree but whilst the chance is there you have to go for it, only 3 teams can go up each year. Given the competitiveness of this league, promotion from the Championship is one of the hardest things to do in football IMO. The money that you get is massive and can help you build for the future. Look at West Brom, a yo yo club for a long time but now they look an establised Prem side.

Haven't read all (or any) of the thread, but do you honestly think you'll go up this year? You're on a hell of a run at the moment. I cant see it myself, although it would take a big turnaround in form for you not to at least make the play offs now, which I didn't think you'd do at the start of the season, and I don't think you'd have done with Dougie in charge. It'll be fantastic if we both make the play-offs, as long as we get to play each other and we win.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Haven't read all (or any) of the thread, but do you honestly think you'll go up this year? You're on a hell of a run at the moment. I cant see it myself, although it would take a big turnaround in form for you not to at least make the play offs now, which I didn't think you'd do at the start of the season, and I don't think you'd have done with Dougie in charge. It'll be fantastic if we both make the play-offs, as long as we get to play each other and we win.

Playoffs for me, top 2 will prove a step to far in the long run IMO. Play-offs would be a cracking achievement in itself, no one gave us a hope outside of Selhurst at the start of the season. I also hope we play each other in the play-offs but that we win, I don't think it could get any better than that! :thumbsup:

Nathaniel10

Sep 27, 2012
Palace won't go up. When Zaha jumps ship in January they will only go one way.

It's funny how you all keep piping up that Zaha is a poor player, worse than Wuckley etc etc but then say that he is key to our form.... Go figure

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
It's funny how you all keep piping up that Zaha is a poor player, worse than Wuckley etc etc but then say that he is key to our form.... Go figure

I don't think anyone believes Zaha is a poor player, just not as good a player as he is being overhyped to be by CPFC and the media

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here