Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official ***Palace will blow it thread***

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I don't think anyone believes Zaha is a poor player, just not as good a player as he is being overhyped to be by CPFC and the media

That's the thing, we're not over-hyping him, we honestly think he's that good! I've been a Palace fan since 1989, in my time following the club there is only one player who I feel had more talent, Atillo Lombardo. Not a bad player to lose out too!

We talk about £15-20 million pounds for Wilf but is that really unreasonable? He has 4.5 years left on his contract and players like Oxlaide, Walcott have gone for similar fees in the past and in the Ox's case, he was in League 1 and hadn't played anywhere near the level of games Zaha has.

Nathaniel10

Sep 27, 2012
I don't think anyone believes Zaha is a poor player, just not as good a player as he is being overhyped to be by CPFC and the media

A lot of people have said that he has been outstanding this season and won us many games. Darren Ferguson said he was unplayable last week and Kieran Trippier quoted saying the best he has come up against. Just pick up any paper on a Sunday and he will pick up a 8 or 9 out of ten. Roy Hodgson the England Manager thinks it is more than hype as he had him watched numerous times before selecting him and then giving him his cap. He has just been named October PFA Chamopinship POTM selected by fans.

Point is you say it is us as CPFC fans and media that only rate him but there are some influential figures who also agree. It only seesm to be BHAFC that have a problem with him and dont appreciate what talent the kid is. This is understandable as you are our rivals and he is a huge threat - I am sure there are not many of you who have seen enough Palace games to make a judgement on him but trust me he is a joy to watch and a rarity in English football. As for the Buckley argument I am not in a position to make a call but seems he is playing well.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
JESUS f***ing CHRIST.

MODS, DO SOMETHING PLEASE.

Regards

Me

What's your problem? Palace fans commenting on a Palace thread, that's all I see. I don't think myself or the other Palace lad posting today have been abusive or trolling.

Last edited:

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
It will be interesting to see how Ian Holloway manages the increasing expectation now on Palace. Up until now they been performing under the radar and getting results that weren't expected given that they lost their 3 games of the season and were seen by many people as likely to be among the relegation candidates. Now that Holloway has gone to Palace and Zaha has been recognised via an England call-up, there is more attention and therefore more pressure on Palace. Holloway was good at getting his players to run through brick walls for him at Blackpool, but he found it harder at Leicester where his team were expected to deliver more.

Personally, I tipped Cardiff to win the Championship at the start of the season and I still feel that anyone that finishes above them is likely to be receiving the Championship trophy in the first week of May next year, even though their away form has been dreadful so far. Middlesbrough and Leicester will not be far behind and Blackburn I can see strengthening in January, while Brighton, Hull, Forest and indeed Watford all have credentials to push for the top six. I think Palace will have a good season, but I'm not so sure they will actually win the Championship.

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
It will be interesting to see how Ian Holloway manages the increasing expectation now on Palace. Up until now they been performing under the radar and getting results that weren't expected given that they lost their 3 games of the season and were seen by many people as likely to be among the relegation candidates. Now that Holloway has gone to Palace and Zaha has been recognised via an England call-up, there is more attention and therefore more pressure on Palace. Holloway was good at getting his players to run through brick walls for him at Blackpool, but he found it harder at Leicester where his team were expected to deliver more.

Personally, I tipped Cardiff to win the Championship at the start of the season and I still feel that anyone that finishes above them is likely to be receiving the Championship trophy in the first week of May next year, even though their away form has been dreadful so far. Middlesbrough and Leicester will not be far behind and Blackburn I can see strengthening in January, while Brighton, Hull, Forest and indeed Watford all have credentials to push for the top six. I think Palace will have a good season, but I'm not so sure they will actually win the Championship.

Agree with your post,to be honest if Palace were in a deal or no deal situation and offered a guaranteed play off place,or to take a gamble on outright promotion or nothing I would take the play off place

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
This is an OFFICIAL thread

It just so happens to have Crystal Palace as it's main subject matter,as such all comments from both Brighton & Crystal Palace fans are welcome and as thread starter i make no apology for the subject matter or content.

I may further add that whilst i accept i may have to eat my words come seasons end,i feel that "They" and "Their" followers have polluted the boards of enough occasion's of late,especially during their tenure at the summit of this current Championship season,and continue to "rub" our collective noses in it,so to speak.

Please feel free to add binfestry of the highest order within this thread and use this thread to give and take in equal measure,it helps to keep the boards free for more important subjects.

Lastly-THEY WILL BLOW IT!!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
In these dark hours please remember this thread and all it stands for,look for cracks to appear and when they do feel free to rejoice.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
In these dark hours please remember this thread and all it stands for,look for cracks to appear and when they do feel free to rejoice.

Indeed. But come on then, nail your balls to the mast, enough about what Palace will do, what will Brighton do ?

I say Palace will be promoted automatically. Look who we've beaten home and away, look how many goals we score, and we have good cover for about 5 players, which is as many as any other champ side. We'll have a bad patch most likely, but so will everyone else. And when all's said and done we'll be top of the pile.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Play off place at absolute best. Having said that I can't see why Palace would sell Zaha in Jan. they might as well keep til the end of the season and sell then....take a chance he will get them up single handed. Doubt it will happen though. Teams will set up to stop him, and the rest of the Palace team is simply not good enough to take advantage.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
Play off place at absolute best. Having said that I can't see why Palace would sell Zaha in Jan. they might as well keep til the end of the season and sell then....take a chance he will get them up single handed. Doubt it will happen though. Teams will set up to stop him, and the rest of the Palace team is simply not good enough to take advantage.

We'll keep him until then for sure. The rest of the team is plenty good enough. Take Derby, about on a par with you lot. They put 3 players on Zaha from the beginning, and by his own admission on twitter he had a poor game (only beat them all a couple of times). We got the ball to the unmarked players, Bolassie (probably the 2nd best winger in the champ after Zaha), Murray you know about and Moritz who could well be the find of the season has just far too much quality for the champ. And of course we beat them 3-0, so your argument is just simply incorrect.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Dougie in it for the long term

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Palace have some tricky fixtures coming up - should drop some points and the goons should be gone from here shortly.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011

Lastly-THEY WILL BLOW IT!!!
[/COLOR]

I don't get what you mean by "blow it"? (Ohhhhh, er) It's not like we are 16 points ahead of the pack with 6 games to play is it? Or that we were heavy pre-season favourites with the bookies/pundits. I can see what your doing, trying to look like some Nostradamus type who can say "I told you so" if we don't go up. Well let's be honest, there's still no pressure on us compared to most of the teams up there, including yourselves. Nobody gave us a hope before the season started and it's bloody enjoyable shoving the negative predictions back up where the sun don't shine. Most Palace I know think we now have a fair shot at top 2 but there also realistic enough to know that it's going to be tough to maintain. Getting into the Playoffs however looks a strong possiblity and I bet if push came to shove, despite your bravado, deep down you wouldn't beat against us finishing in the top 6.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Indeed. But come on then, nail your balls to the mast, enough about what Palace will do, what will Brighton do ?

I say Palace will be promoted automatically. Look who we've beaten home and away, look how many goals we score, and we have good cover for about 5 players, which is as many as any other champ side. We'll have a bad patch most likely, but so will everyone else. And when all's said and done we'll be top of the pile.

I think Brighton could finish in the top 2 but may have to take 4th and Palace will slip out of it altogether (automatic that is)..

I have a feeling something will "just click" for us

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I don't get what you mean by "blow it"? (Ohhhhh, er) It's not like we are 16 points ahead of the pack with 6 games to play is it? Or that we were heavy pre-season favourites with the bookies/pundits. I can see what your doing, trying to look like some Nostradamus type who can say "I told you so" if we don't go up. Well let's be honest, there's still no pressure on us compared to most of the teams up there, including yourselves. Nobody gave us a hope before the season started and it's bloody enjoyable shoving the negative predictions back up where the sun don't shine. Most Palace I know think we now have a fair shot at top 2 but there also realistic enough to know that it's going to be tough to maintain. Getting into the Playoffs however looks a strong possiblity and I bet if push came to shove, despite your bravado, deep down you wouldn't beat against us finishing in the top 6.

I like this Post-told in the true spirit of NSC.... and from a decent Palace poster in all but name..

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Palace have some tricky fixtures coming up - should drop some points and the goons should be gone from here shortly.

The same thing was said just before we played Cardiff, Bolton and Wolves. Then we took 9 points out of 9.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
We'll keep him until then for sure. The rest of the team is plenty good enough. Take Derby, about on a par with you lot. They put 3 players on Zaha from the beginning, and by his own admission on twitter he had a poor game (only beat them all a couple of times). We got the ball to the unmarked players, Bolassie (probably the 2nd best winger in the champ after Zaha), Murray you know about and Moritz who could well be the find of the season has just far too much quality for the champ. And of course we beat them 3-0, so your argument is just simply incorrect.

Mate, don't listen to them, this is coming from a bunch of fans that think Jedinak is a class or 2 below Bridcutt...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The same thing was said just before we played Cardiff, Bolton and Wolves. Then we took 9 points out of 9.

Doesn't follow though that the same will happen in the next few games. Tough fixtures I reckon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here