[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2021 Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Urban Meyer has been filmed getting a bit hands on with a young lady on a night out in Ohio, not a great look.

Edit. Lots of behind closed doors meetings happening today, and they’re not in relation to the Titans game. Could see the first HC casualty of the season…

Last edited:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Urban Meyer has been filmed getting a bit hands on with a young lady on a night out in Ohio, not a great look.

Edit. Lots of behind closed doors meetings happening today, and they’re not in relation to the Titans game. Could see the first HC casualty of the season…

stoopid stoopid stoopid. I know coaching the Jags is a poison chalice, but thats a bit of an extreme way of getting out the door & back to the college ranks as quick as you can!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
stoopid stoopid stoopid. I know coaching the Jags is a poison chalice, but thats a bit of an extreme way of getting out the door & back to the college ranks as quick as you can!

Shad Kahn has accepted Meyer’s apology but insists he needs to regain everyone’s trust.
It’s week 5 of his first year. It’s a horror show.

After Raiders getting buried by a better Chargers team (sorry Vatican), only Cardinals are 4-0. Watch us get dropped into 10th in the NFL power rankings like we barely matter at all. True to the Albion's 'Under The Radar' system of quietly doing things without anyone noticing, I'll absolutely prefer that. Rather that than have a target on our head.

Kyler Murray MVP.

It would be absolutely typical that your Cards get overlooked in the PR. I seem to recall an article you came across (yes I've noticed the username mate :wink:) this time last season IIRC that said Brighton's equivalent were the Cards, so the Under the Radar element agains makes sense there.

I have to give it to our mutual Chargers supporting friend, they were the much more consistent team, which made the difference. Not being able to find any sort of rhythm with our offensive playcalling in the first half left us too much to do in the second, despite those two TD drives and the third that resulted in the missed field goal. If we put together even one scoring drive in the first half, that end to the game becomes much more of an open contest than it was. Watched the game up until the Carr pick.

That's on Gruden and the o-line, who were getting blown up right and centre all night (not left because Kolton Miller has got that pretty locked down now). Dismantling the O-line was always a big risk in the off-season, and like with Miller, we may have to wait a few years to see the best of Leatherwood in pass protection. No idea if Andre James will ever become a good center, but we need to look to some free agent help going forward if Incognito is going to be on the IR for a while.

Annoyingly I had it fairly spot on in what I wrote on here before the game, as Hayward and a combination of Mullen and Amik Robertson kept Allen/Williams quiet but Herbert and Ekeler feasted on us in the flats and with the RPO plays, along with Cook being a real mismatch for Perryman at LB. Probably was for the best that Arnette managed to get himself hurt on a stupid tackle, as that play where Williams completely burned him but was overthrown was a preview of what was to come if he stayed on the field. Our front office are horrendous when it comes to selecting corners in the 1st round, because Arnette is already feeling like another bust given how much better Robertson, a 5th rounder from the same draft class, played.

As much as I dislike the Bolts, they have a real one in Staley at HC. Knows when to make the judgment call to go for it on 4th and short and picks the right play to execute it...whereas Gruden is most likely to try and run it up the gut because hard nose Raider foootbaaaaalll. Not the end of the world as 3-1 is still a great start heading into a decent run of games that are all winnable, but there's a blueprint there for Khalil Mack to have a revenge game in Vegas next week, as he'll no doubt be lined up against Leatherwood.

Shad Kahn has accepted Meyer’s apology but insists he needs to regain everyone’s trust.
It’s week 5 of his first year. It’s a horror show.

Absolute shambles. Not sure if you've seen this thread from Mike Silver, but it's pretty damning!

[tweet]1445403401660084243[/tweet]

Given everything else that has happened since Meyer arrived (hiring of the racist coach, splitting the pre-season reps between Minshew and Lawrence, some of the other gaffes he's made...Tebow!) I honestly don't see him making it to Year 2 of his contract if more calamity ensues and you end up with the 1st pick. And I'm not sure that's a case of him being fired when looking at how long the Khan family stuck with Marrone.

I can see him just downing tools, resigning and either going back to retirement or into another cushy college job where he knows the system and is more comfortable in it.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Absolute shambles. Not sure if you've seen this thread from Mike Silver, but it's pretty damning!

Given everything else that has happened since Meyer arrived (hiring of the racist coach, splitting the pre-season reps between Minshew and Lawrence, some of the other gaffes he's made...Tebow!) I honestly don't see him making it to Year 2 of his contract if more calamity ensues and you end up with the 1st pick. And I'm not sure that's a case of him being fired when looking at how long the Khan family stuck with Marrone.

I can see him just downing tools, resigning and either going back to retirement or into another cushy college job where he knows the system and is more comfortable in it.

You're be forgiven though, looking on twitter, that NFL fans and players are the most righteous married people on the planet.

"As a married man, if an attractive young girl starts dance grinding into my crotch I'm grabbing her by the shoulders and pushing her away saying 'that's not okay'" :lolol:

Complete set up, 2 different angles, girl comes on to him big time. I'd hope if my wife saw it she'd say "you've still got it honey. :kiss:"...

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

His player recruitment has been absolutely awful, day 1 of free agency came and went we signed nobody, despite having the latest cap space. Meyer thought he would get time to recruit the players not B realising NFL players don’t want to be sold a dream, they want a massive bag of money. He drafted a RB in the first round, that was the one position we didn’t need to draft for. Walker Little, Round 2 draft pick has been deactivated, in fact all of his draft picks have been bad outside of Lawrence, and he’s used him very badly. It’s actually at the point where it’s so bad it’s funny. There’s no way he sees out the season, he’s not equipped for it.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
After last week’s glimmer of hope against the 49ers, Seattle are officially back to sucking.

This time, we chose the second half to be our now compulsory “half of horror”, and to let the Rams waltz up and down the field like it’s a practice game.

Bloody Jamal Adams, who we traded TWO 1st ROUND PICKS FOR, epitomized the ineptitude.

‘Covering’ a Ram WR, he lets the guy get separation, watches him turn to face his QB for the ball, and then fecking turns to face upfield so he’s not even watching the throw. 68 yard reception. I could run a bloody route past the guy, and I’m in my 50s and have never even stepped on an American Football field. Bloody useless.

Just to add to the joy, Russell Wilson sprains a finger, misses most of the second half and is questionable for the next few games. Though fair play to stand-in Geno Smith, at least he tried and his 98 yard TD drive deserves credit.

Though frankly our punter is probably our best player at the moment, and that says it all.

It’s time for a reset. Defensive co-ordinator Ken Norton HAS to go, and frankly it’s time for Pete Carroll to call it a day too now, even if he sees out the season.

Jul 7, 2003
The 'double punt' was an interesting play.

Got Robert Woods in my fantasy team :banana:

Anyone going to either of the London games?

Also had Bobby Trees locked in despite uhming and ahing about it after his lack of usage in the first month. McVay wasn't lying at his Tuesday presser when he said he wanted to get Woods more involved!

Giving it a miss unfortunately. My friend's wedding is within 10 days of Jets v Falcons and neither of us want to take the risk of being at such a big event if either were unlucky enough to get Covid and had to isolate (I'm co-best man). Otherwise we'd have 100% been there.

Haven't ruled out booking a trip to Vegas early next year for the Raiders' Week 18 game v Chargers. Something I'll make my mind up on by the end of November I imagine.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Got Robert Woods in my fantasy team :banana:

Anyone going to either of the London games?

I'm going to the game tomorrow. As a Bills fan I suppose I should be rooting against the Jets but, frankly, they're not exactly a threat in the AFC East so I'm going to remain entirely neutral. Hoping the game is better than the participating teams would suggest!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'm going to the game tomorrow. As a Bills fan I suppose I should be rooting against the Jets but, frankly, they're not exactly a threat in the AFC East so I'm going to remain entirely neutral. Hoping the game is better than the participating teams would suggest!

Am I right in thinking that as things stand the 4 teams coming over have a 3-13 record?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Am I right in thinking that as things stand the 4 teams coming over have a 3-13 record?
Yeah.

On his Friday pod Bill Simmons was rather gleefully enjoying the Jets v Falcons over here, esp now the Falcons top 2 WR's didn't travel.

In LA he gets to not remember the game is on early until at least the third quarter. :lol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Tommy Tremble scores for the Panthers.

Except for the many previous NFL stars named "Randy" that's my new favourite name.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tommy Tremble scores for the Panthers.

Except for the many previous NFL stars named "Randy" that's my new favourite name.

Eli Apple nods in approval.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports