Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2021 Thread

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A better performance by Mills and my Texans this week (it couldn't have been worse), but took the 'L' after a last gasp Pats FG.

The AFC South currently has as many wins combined from all 4 teams as Arizona have by themselves.

And 3 of those 5 wins came from beating other AFC South teams. :rolleyes:

I'll say it again....7-10 should do it.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Even forgetting the ridiculousness of the kicking, the Packers game was something else - some great defence and wonderful offence on both sides.

Crosby missed more field goals in 10 minutes than he'd previously missed in 2 years - I've never previously seen two FGs hit the post in the same match.

Bring on the Bears!

Jul 7, 2003
My Broncos managed another game where we only decided to play in the second half. Nearly made a great comeback but that can't mask the problem we have on both sides of the ball at the moment.

Fuller had an absolute nightmare game which didn't help and neither did the leverage call which turned three points for the Steelers into an opportunity to get seven which the gladly accepted.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
After a 1-4 start and a little over a month into the season the Giants season is looking like it is virtually over. Defense was shocking but at least Saquon's injury is only a sprain and not a fracture, Daniel Jones also suffered a concussion. We looked like we didn't belong in the same league as the Cowboys - very depressing

saquon.jpg

We should get one of these gizmos for injuries at the Amex

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Washington continue to infuriate as always. Changes need to happen in the secondary, and Del Rio really should be considering his future. Still at least I had a good day out at the Falcons/Jags game. Not the greatest of games but the Jets did add some spice to it second half.

Also how about that Browns/Chargers game. Wowzers!

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
Washington continue to infuriate as always. Changes need to happen in the secondary, and Del Rio really should be considering his future. Still at least I had a good day out at the Falcons/Jags game. Not the greatest of games but the Jets did add some spice to it second half.

How was the NFL experience at the Spurs stadium? I am going next week and intrigued to know if its much better (viewing particularly) than wembley given it was designed with NFL in mind.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
After a 1-4 start and a little over a month into the season the Giants season is looking like it is virtually over. Defense was shocking but at least Saquon's injury is only a sprain and not a fracture, Daniel Jones also suffered a concussion. We looked like we didn't belong in the same league as the Cowboys - very depressing

View attachment 141195

We should get one of these gizmos for injuries at the Amex

It is, but our injury situation is horrific.

It’s not like we have decent cover….

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

How Collins continues to start while Curl and Everett are only seeing limited snaps is beyond me.

Also as concerning is the lack of game time for Jamin Davis who despite Bostic’s season ending injury isn’t getting a lot of game time.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
How was the NFL experience at the Spurs stadium? I am going next week and intrigued to know if its much better (viewing particularly) than wembley given it was designed with NFL in mind.

Far better than Wembley, you feel a lot closer to the action. We were in the second tier of the 'away end' behind the sticks and had a perfect view. Audio and big screens were excellent as well. Although the falcon screech noise that was played every time Atlanta got a first down was very grating!

Catering was absolutely shambolic where we were, though - the automatic (bottom up) pint filler machines weren't working so they were pouring the drinks by hand from cans. Queues of up to a hour to get anything to eat or drink. If you think The Amex is bad......

Wembley also had the benefit of being able to host a decent sized fanzone (although not sure that would be possible any more given all the recent construction); at Spurs you basically just walk up the Seven Sisters road and you're at the turnstiles. So there wasn't the same 'festival' feel to the day.

Was too knackered to stay up last night, so only just catching up with last night's game at KC; starting to think that my Bills might be ready to do something really special this season.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

It’s really good. It’s an excellent NFL stadium. Great sight lines everywhere and when the crowd gets going it is loud. Even though the Dolphins are popular I think the UK Jags fans will create an atmosphere next week.

Aside from the away end corner which is a bottle neck the bars are really good on the lower tier concourse which you can walk all the way round. Not much going on outside, I couldn’t really see any tailgating going on, best just to head inside.

Enjoy the game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I think the UK Jags fans will create an atmosphere next week.

Certainly a team in good form, just had an impressive come-from-behind win against the Colts on MNF.

Love the US pronunciation of JagWAHHHs!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Are you confusing the Ravens and Jags?

Sorry if I’ve missed something.

Oh yes, sorry! My bad.

Had the last Q of the Colts Ravens game on at 7am this morning, and the commentators were for some reason talking about the JagWAHHs, so in my early morning bleariness got 'em confused!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Oh yes, sorry! My bad.

Had the last Q of the Colts Ravens game on at 7am this morning, and the commentators were for some reason talking about the JagWAHHs, so in my early morning bleariness got 'em confused!

Lol. Jagwahhs currently on a 20 year losing streak, we can’t buy a win :lol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My 35 year interest in NFL ebbs and flows, I’m not a nsc NFL expert. But watching the BBC2 show just now, I was stunned by the incredible new LA Chargers SoFi stadium. 70,000 huge seats, costing over $5B, it’s incredible.

Sep 5, 2017
Montana USA
What are we supposed to say, Jag-you-wires??

This thread warms my heart. Dolphins fan here, a promising season already in the toilet. Tua can't stay healthy, the offensive line is terrible, there's no running game to speak of. Oh and the defensive secondary, the strength of the team, got absolutely shredded by Tom Brady on Sunday. Shredded.

I did not learn until recently that teams playing in London are given the option of having their bye the following week--I thought it was a given. But apparently Miami wants to keep playing--their bye isn't until Week 14.

My Miami agony is tempered by watching Urban Meyer, Leader of Men(TM), getting his ass handed to him on the regular. You can't asshole your way to success up here guy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here