Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2021 Thread

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well I am just going to forget the Washington/Bills game ever happened. After all the hope and optimism of the offseason we have collided with the steak reality that we are just not very good. Our defence is an embarrassment and imo Jack Del Rio should be fired or at the very least threatened with the sack for failing to get anything remotely like serviceable performance out of some pretty decent players. Our third down defence is a. disgrace. Heinicke had bad game yesterday too but as we were chasing the game his desire to push it too much was understandable even if extremely ill-judged.

On a positive note, I switched over to the Chargers Chiefs game and that was excellent. Even if the WFT continue to stink there is still plenty of good football on offer elsewhere

I watched Chargers v Chiefs on Sky and thoroughly enjoyed it at the same time as the Browns were turning over my Bears. 1-2 and probably flattered by that. Not bothered with game pass yet :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess this is the price the NFL pays for being a quarterback league.

Every team now has spectacular QB's who can easily get from their own 25 into FG range with 37 seconds left and no time outs, it no longer seems special.

Gone are the days when defensive pass interference is your most yards gained.

Oh.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
3 weeks in and the AFC South is running true to form with just 3 wins in total from all 4 franchises.

The only division where all 4 sides currently have a negative net points difference.

Jul 7, 2003
3 weeks in and the AFC South is running true to form with just 3 wins in total from all 4 franchises.

The only division where all 4 sides currently have a negative net points difference.

My mate is a huge Colts fan and has already written off this season.

Broncos and Raiders joint top of the AFC West, two games ahead of the Chiefs. Nobody would have predicted that as a start to the season.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

He's probably not wrong.

With my Texans apparently happy to keep a Deshaun Watson sized albatross around their necks for now at least, and DFP's Jags still doing what they've been doing for a while (see post 71), it's really the Titans to lose.

7-10 should be enough. :wozza:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Urgh! Nothing like being up in the early hours to watch your team blow a 14 point lead and lose to a walk off field goal.
Progress definitely being made, they’re figuring out how to use Lawrence but aren’t there yet. The defence is is pants in coverage and offers zero pressure, that’s the real problem, now the coaches have realised that Robinson can run the ball through anything they’re using him more, but we need PA from Lawrence, he can really move and hit a strike on the run, but it’s always going to be difficult to close a game with a porous pass defence.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach

Broncos and Raiders joint top of the AFC West, two games ahead of the Chiefs. Nobody would have predicted that as a start to the season.

I wouldn't be so quick on the panic button with the Colts - they'll get a few good results I reckon.
The Broncos opponents so far are 0-10 combined, so they will fall away for sure as its been a bit of a false narrative to start the season. They're a solid team, but put them up against decent teams & they wont be winning many.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Urgh! Nothing like being up in the early hours to watch your team blow a 14 point lead and lose to a walk off field goal.
Progress definitely being made, they’re figuring out how to use Lawrence but aren’t there yet. The defence is is pants in coverage and offers zero pressure, that’s the real problem, now the coaches have realised that Robinson can run the ball through anything they’re using him more, but we need PA from Lawrence, he can really move and hit a strike on the run, but it’s always going to be difficult to close a game with a porous pass defence.

I watched the game in 40 this morning and definitely saw an improvement from the Jags. The late 1st half stop by the Bengals and much like my WFT an inability to hit home on crucial 3rd downs cost you.

I thought Lawrence looked alright though, not seen much of him so far this season, but I did see a lot of him in college and I think he will come good. Robinson was very impressive. Burrow and Chase look a good combination for the Bengals already.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I watched the game in 40 this morning and definitely saw an improvement from the Jags. The late 1st half stop by the Bengals and much like my WFT an inability to hit home on crucial 3rd downs cost you.

I thought Lawrence looked alright though, not seen much of him so far this season, but I did see a lot of him in college and I think he will come good. Robinson was very impressive. Burrow and Chase look a good combination for the Bengals already.

The Burrow-Chase connection is automatic, Trevor is still developing his chemistry with Jones and Shenault, he’s had a different TE to target every game which won’t be helping him at all. Overall Lawrence has played well, the stats don’t look great but most of his interceptions really weren’t his fault. One thing I would say is that despite the fact we’ve ended up losing both games it has been enjoyable watching us in the last 2 against Arizona and Cincinnati, we’ve played some good football at times. I wouldn’t say the arrow is pointing up, certainly not until we get a win, but there is definite progress being made, but we’re still our own enemies with a few bonehead calls each game that cost us.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Currently watching Jets v Titans - Jesus H Christ what 'sport' are these teams playing?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The Burrow-Chase connection is automatic, Trevor is still developing his chemistry with Jones and Shenault, he’s had a different TE to target every game which won’t be helping him at all. Overall Lawrence has played well, the stats don’t look great but most of his interceptions really weren’t his fault. One thing I would say is that despite the fact we’ve ended up losing both games it has been enjoyable watching us in the last 2 against Arizona and Cincinnati, we’ve played some good football at times. I wouldn’t say the arrow is pointing up, certainly not until we get a win, but there is definite progress being made, but we’re still our own enemies with a few bonehead calls each game that cost us.

Agree with most of your post, but think Lawrence has been set up to be intercepted a couple of times and he’s bitten.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Succumbed to the charms of Game Pass just in time for the Lions game :hilton:

All is well. So far. Maybe Fields really is the long term answer after so much hurt in that position for the Bears.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
:lolol:

Thanks Lions.

Fields' first win at home helped enormously by Detroit going offsides at a punt on the Bears' 4th down with over a minute left. Granted they'd burned their timeouts but that was a "why did you let it bounce". 2-2. Go Bears. :cheery:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here