Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2021 Thread

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Rodgers having a shocker, Winston throwing 5 TDs and zero interceptions, what's going on in the world?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks. 4th quarter, been in the lead all game, Chiefs need two scores to win - what could possibly go wrong?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yeah but we're used to that, its part of the fun of being a Jags fan.

I fell into the trap though, I didn’t think TLaw would cure all of our problems but I thought with the all new coaching staff and new defensive players we might resemble an NFL team, buuuuuut no. How does Hyde get more carries than Robinson? Why can’t our receivers catch?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Infuriating start for Washington. The truth of the matter is that the much vaunted D Line just did not turn up on 3rd downs, they should be embarrassed by that. Shame that ultimately Gibson was responsible for the game winning TD after he had shown progression in his running.

On the flip side, I could watch Justin Herbert every week, he was throwing dimes, absolutely superb. Still at least the Ducks beat Ohio State on Saturday it was not a total gridiron wash this weekend.

Jul 7, 2003
Jeudy looks to have a nasty injury

Thankfully only a high ankle sprain but will keep him out for a while. Shame as he and Teddy seemed to be linking up well.

Good start for the Broncos - first September win in three seasons - but harder games to come. Feel more confident with Teddy at QB rather than Lock.

Rodgers was abysmal.

They were reporting yesterday that the Broncos and Packers were already discussing a trade for next season. Maybe that was taking away some of his focus.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thankfully only a high ankle sprain but will keep him out for a while. Shame as he and Teddy seemed to be linking up well.

Good start for the Broncos - first September win in three seasons - but harder games to come. Feel more confident with Teddy at QB rather than Lock.

They were reporting yesterday that the Broncos and Packers were already discussing a trade for next season. Maybe that was taking away some of his focus.

One game but Bridgewater was outstanding. I’m a big Giants fan, but just love the game. At least twice he avoided what should have been a big loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2003
One game but Bridgewater was outstanding. I’m a big Giants fan, but just love the game. At least twice he avoided what should have been a big loss.

Likewise, as a Broncos fan it was still good to see Saquon Barklay back from injury. Just glad he was not up to full speed yet.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Great finish between the Raiders and Ravens here.

Raiders pulling level three times in the 4th quarter, including a full-field drive in the final 37 seconds for a tying FG.

Then the Raiders think they’ve won it with an OT touchdown, everyone on the pitch celebrating, only for it to be ruled knee down on the half yard line. 1st and goal from there, but they can’t do it and turnover on 3rd down.

Then Ravens turnover, giving Raiders another chance… and finally the win for real.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The Giants did everything they could to lose 30-29 against Washington.

The real stunner was an offsides penalty on Dexter Lawrence with no time left on the clock, which gave Dustin Hopkins a second chance to attempt a game-winning field goal after a miss. Washington will remember this game for a long time

As an aside Washington have narrowed their new name down to 8 choices:

Red Hogs
Defenders
Armada
Presidents
Brigade
Commanders
Red Wolves
Washington Football Team

I kinda like the Presidents as it fits well with DC

Also Carl Nassib made NFL history when he became the first openly gay player to take to the field for the Raiders

Jul 7, 2003
Presidents fits but not sure what you would have as a suitable politically neutral logo for the merchandising.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
All I can do is thank the Giants for a Washington-esque clutch at defeat from the jaws of victory. Having stayed up all night to see Dustin Hopkins miss that kick it was just gutting, and then the miracle offside! Tough loss for the Giants who for the most part played well and were a drop and a penalty away from what have been a deserved victory.

The maligned Giants O-line performed admirably against what appears to be a vastly overrated Washington D line. They really need to sort themselves out and that includes DC Jack Del Rio. Also once again Daniel Jones looked really good against us, every flipping time!

As for the new name I am team Red Wolves, I want nothing to do with anything to do with any military or political group. Animals are fun, supremely neutral and offer masses of marketing potential and will enable us to expand our fanbase from the 40/50year olds that can still remember when this team was good. Presidents is dull, dull, dull.

Anyway The Legend of Heinicke continues to grow, what a ride that game was.

#HTTR(edwolves)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
All I can do is thank the Giants for a Washington-esque clutch at defeat from the jaws of victory. Having stayed up all night to see Dustin Hopkins miss that kick it was just gutting, and then the miracle offside! Tough loss for the Giants who for the most part played well and were a drop and a penalty away from what have been a deserved victory.

The maligned Giants O-line performed admirably against what appears to be a vastly overrated Washington D line. They really need to sort themselves out and that includes DC Jack Del Rio. Also once again Daniel Jones looked really good against us, every flipping time!

As for the new name I am team Red Wolves, I want nothing to do with anything to do with any military or political group. Animals are fun, supremely neutral and offer masses of marketing potential and will enable us to expand our fanbase from the 40/50year olds that can still remember when this team was good. Presidents is dull, dull, dull.

Anyway The Legend of Heinicke continues to grow, what a ride that game was.

#HTTR(edwolves)

Giants once again snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

The penalties, the Slayton drop. Washington were poor, Chase Young rarely pressured Daniel Jones who rushed for 95 yards….

Very frustrating being a Giants fan.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Argh.

All last week's optimism flushed down the pan, as the Seahawks manage to turn in an absolute stinker of a second half and lose to Tennessee.

24–9 up at halftime at home, we should have enough to see that home. But no, we have to play like a bunch of incompetent clowns and chuck it away.

And to think I stayed up from 00:30 to 04:00 for that. Grrrrrrr.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here