Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2021 Thread

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I was ready to put my foot through the tv last night when Lawrence fumbled the ball. The defence had been superb all night bar the very first chunk play by Taylor, 2 games on the spin they’ve played at a very high level, but outside of Arnold, Robinson and a few Agnew flashes the offense is utterly putrid. The amount of drops is just unforgivable.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Anybody know any good quarterbacks? I get the feeling that Cleveland are getting ready to move on from Mayfield. He's still on his rookie deal and was roundly booed yesterday as we just managed to scrape past the Loser Lions. Also there's more social media shenanigans, although this time it was Mayfield's wife rather than a disgruntled parent. Typical. Even a win feels like a defeat, and barring a miracle looking at our schedule that's us probably done and dusted.

Ah well, at least the Rugby went well!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Anybody know any good quarterbacks? I get the feeling that Cleveland are getting ready to move on from Mayfield. He's still on his rookie deal and was roundly booed yesterday as we just managed to scrape past the Loser Lions. Also there's more social media shenanigans, although this time it was Mayfield's wife rather than a disgruntled parent. Typical. Even a win feels like a defeat, and barring a miracle looking at our schedule that's us probably done and dusted.

Well, talking of QBs, the Bears managed a defeat that really, really felt like a defeat - from the jaws of what would have been an awesome win. Fields was having a poor game but at least our D was keeping us in it. Then, crack went Justin's ribs, on came Andy Dalton, at last we looked like a team that could both pass and rush and........the D went to sleep.

I'm very glad no one bounced this thread last night. Between that and Villa this was not my happiest sporting weekend either (and I'm not that fussed about rugby, though glad Hamilton at least won the F1).

We have the Loser Lions in the Thanksgiving game on Thursday. 17.30 kick off so easy to watch but I'll be doing so through my fingers.

Grrr.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach

Im not so sure they will move on tbh.
I've not been impressed with his play lately, but the guy is nowhere near healthy & is obviously struggling with his injuries. I have a feeling they will sign him to that big contract regardless of how this season ends.
Credit to him though, he will keep playing his heart out until the end, f****d shoulder or not...and he bleeds Orange & Brown for that city.
Makes me wonder though why they dont pull him so he can have surgery & get healthy...& put in Keenum for the last few weeks. After all, we wont be going to the playoffs with the schedule we have left, & we are paying Keenum $7m a year to ride the pine...he could easily do a decent job coming in for Baker.

All I can say about last night is - thank god for Nick Chubb.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Im not so sure they will move on tbh.
I've not been impressed with his play lately, but the guy is nowhere near healthy & is obviously struggling with his injuries. I have a feeling they will sign him to that big contract regardless of how this season ends.
Credit to him though, he will keep playing his heart out until the end, f****d shoulder or not...and he bleeds Orange & Brown for that city.
Makes me wonder though why they dont pull him so he can have surgery & get healthy...& put in Keenum for the last few weeks. After all, we wont be going to the playoffs with the schedule we have left, & we are paying Keenum $7m a year to ride the pine...he could easily do a decent job coming in for Baker.

All I can say about last night is - thank god for Nick Chubb.

Yeah, I think Stefanski must carry a bit of the blame. Keenum is a more-than-adequate replacement, so I don't know why he didn't get the gig last night given that it's quicker to count the bits of Mayfield that aren't injured.

And I'm 60/40 in expecting and wanting Mayfield to stay. Compared to our other QBs over the last 40 years IMO he's the best since Bernie Kosar - although that is damning with faint praise as we've always struggled in that position. And yes on his day he's good, but when he's bad he's really bad. And his attitude last night (storming off and then not giving interviews) hints at problems in the camp. I'll be interested to see what spin is put on it, at the very least some work needs to be done and bridges built..

Jul 7, 2003

I do enjoy his Progressive Insurance TV adverts though.

gmabel830

Aug 12, 2017

It's not a good year for QBs in the NFL Draft, which could benefit the Browns since they won't have a top pick and a guy they like is there.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Compared to our other QBs over the last 40 years IMO he's the best since Bernie Kosar - although that is damning with faint praise as we've always struggled in that position.

A perfect opportunity to bring this one out again....

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-revisiting-every-starting-qb-since-tim-couch

Personally, I liked Kelly Holcomb...was never going to be an elite QB, but just loved the way he played.

As for QB's who offered a shot at winning (or at least being steady with a better team around them), I always wanted us to keep Colt McCoy & was gutted when we got rid of him. Hes proved since that he can be a good solid QB in this league...I just wish it had been with us. Probably the best weve had until Mayfield arrived IMO.
Also think Hoyer could've done more if given the gig, & not just tossed out when Johnny M came strutting into the building....

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
3 games for Thanksgiving

Bears @ Lions
Raiders @ Cowboys
Bills @ Saints

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Today I'm giving thanks for Jnr having a home game tonight so I don't have to watch much more of this game. :lol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

Christ on a non-binary unicycle. I know exactly how you feel.

Massive chunk of attrition, with a hold penalty sauce to go with that turkey everyone? And I do mean turkey.

Still, three massive points for my Bears. :rolleyes:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Christ on a non-binary unicycle. I know exactly how you feel.

Massive chunk of attrition, with a hold penalty sauce to go with that turkey everyone? And I do mean turkey.

Still, three massive points for my Bears. :rolleyes:

Yeah, you guys did do everything but lose! I think the Lions for some reason really want to go through the season winless. Nothing else can explain their back-to-back timeout cockup, their massive penalty count, and that time when, due to penalties, they were facing something like a 3rd and 35 they decided to run! (They also had another 3rd and thirty-something late in the game, but at least that time there was no chance of getting into FG range).

Still, for me the great thing about football and why it's my favourite sport is that when the game isn't a classic I still really enjoy it. (Unless its Cleveland of course when it becomes torture).

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Yeah, you guys did do everything but lose! I think the Lions for some reason really want to go through the season winless. Nothing else can explain their back-to-back timeout cockup, their massive penalty count, and that time when, due to penalties, they were facing something like a 3rd and 35 they decided to run! (They also had another 3rd and thirty-something late in the game, but at least that time there was no chance of getting into FG range).

Still, for me the great thing about football and why it's my favourite sport is that when the game isn't a classic I still really enjoy it. (Unless its Cleveland of course when it becomes torture).

Watched it on Sky rather than Gamepass and they called it right in the studio as "two teams trying not to lose, rather than trying to win". I'd have quite enjoyed it as a neutral because it was always about one play away from disaster for either team. As a Bears fan? Not quite so much.

There was even a "Shane Duffy's Dog" moment when the Lions special teams should have downed a punt inside the five and lost the flight of the ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here