[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2019 Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Was initially a bit surprised and even disappointed to see Dorsey go as well at Cleveland; I wanted some level of continuity. However stories have been coming out, not least that he wanted Kitchens to have a 2nd season as he didn't want to admit he was wrong.

Hey ho, back to square one. Again.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Was initially a bit surprised and even disappointed to see Dorsey go as well at Cleveland; I wanted some level of continuity. However stories have been coming out, not least that he wanted Kitchens to have a 2nd season as he didn't want to admit he was wrong.

Hey ho, back to square one. Again.

I am looking forward to Josh McDisaster ending up in Cleveland - not because of the Browns (who I like) - but the basketcase that is the Browns and McDisaster go well together. I can just see the interaction between McDaniels and Mayfield - should be fireworks.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I am looking forward to Josh McDisaster ending up in Cleveland - not because of the Browns (who I like) - but the basketcase that is the Browns and McDisaster go well together. I can just see the interaction between McDaniels and Mayfield - should be fireworks.

Oh don't worry. Whatever the worst possible appointments could be - we'll make 'em.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Black Monday as it's known. Bruce Allen gone from the Redskins, Ron Rivera in it seems.

This has literally been the best week for the Redskins for a decade. The wicked witch is dead. Managed to get in a genuine no-nonsense HC and a kick ass DC. Dan seems to be taking a back seat as he realises how toxic the organisation has become. The state of Fed-Ex the last couple of years has been embarrassing, this year even more so.

A handful of promising young players on both sides of the ball and some juicy contracts that could be cut to free up cap space finally give the Skins the opportunity to start a proper reset.

Not expecting miracles next year, but mediocrity is definitely achievable and that would represent a massive step up from the sh*tstorm this team is right now.

This is the most fun I've had in ages as a Skins fan, nice to feel positive for a change.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
This has literally been the best week for the Redskins for a decade. The wicked witch is dead. Managed to get in a genuine no-nonsense HC and a kick ass DC. Dan seems to be taking a back seat as he realises how toxic the organisation has become. The state of Fed-Ex the last couple of years has been embarrassing, this year even more so.

A handful of promising young players on both sides of the ball and some juicy contracts that could be cut to free up cap space finally give the Skins the opportunity to start a proper reset.

Not expecting miracles next year, but mediocrity is definitely achievable and that would represent a massive step up from the sh*tstorm this team is right now.

This is the most fun I've had in ages as a Skins fan, nice to feel positive for a change.

Certainly seems like Snyder is letting the reins go a little.

The fact that he doesn’t want to lose O’Connell but is leaving it to Rivera to make his own decision on his OC is a huge departure on what’s gone before.

Some good positives this year and if they can clear the likes of Norman and the expensive contracts this off season, perhaps sort out the issues with Trent and baring some unbelievable trade have the chance to take the best player in the draft next year could be a step forward rather than continued steps backwards.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Ah, mediocrity. I remember at the start of the season we thought that, finally, the Browns could be mediocre. What a distant dream that now seems.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Ah, mediocrity. I remember at the start of the season we thought that, finally, the Browns could be mediocre. What a distant dream that now seems.

I feel your pain. After all that promise, a real shame the Browns stank this season.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Anybody else doing Super Bowl brackets? My office is and I’m putting my predictions together, any advice on what you think the Wild Card round winners will be would be appreciated.

AFC: Texans V Bills; Pats V Titans

NFC: Eagles V Seahawks; Saints V Vikings

If I win I will donate winnings to AITC

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Anybody else doing Super Bowl brackets? My office is and I’m putting my predictions together, any advice on what you think the Wild Card round winners will be would be appreciated.

AFC: Texans V Bills; Pats V Titans

NFC: Eagles V Seahawks; Saints V Vikings

If I win I will donate winnings to AITC

Bills, Titans, Seahawks, Saints

Saturday's games hardest to call. Texans really up and down but I like the Bills D to do enough to thwart Watson. Pats will be favoured but for me Brady looks shot and the offense is struggling. If Tannehill can keep the Titans offensive rhythm going I think they get the upset.

Sunday, Seahawks clearly the better team for me. Vikings have a genuine punchers chance against the Saints, but in the Superdome I think the Saints will make their quality count.

Should be a really entertaining weekend.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008

Saturday's games hardest to call. Texans really up and down but I like the Bills D to do enough to thwart Watson. Pats will be favoured but for me Brady looks shot and the offense is struggling. If Tannehill can keep the Titans offensive rhythm going I think they get the upset.

Sunday, Seahawks clearly the better team for me. Vikings have a genuine punchers chance against the Saints, but in the Superdome I think the Saints will make their quality count.

Thanks, go along with that apart from the Bills V Texans, think it will be the Texans - like you say it's a hard one to call. I'm still struggling to see how the Eagles are a legitimate play off team!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Thanks, go along with that apart from the Bills V Texans, think it will be the Texans - like you say it's a hard one to call. I'm still struggling to see how the Eagles are a legitimate play off team!

It is indeed a hard game to call, think I went with my preference really.

As for the Eagles, sheesh, as a fan of an NFC East team I can't believe our division has been allowed to pollute the playoffs this year. I hope the Seahawks stuff them.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach

Lets hope not. On a very short shortlist, I can see McCarthy heading to Berea if offered, after being interviewed yesterday. I honestly cant see us appointing any more untested position coaches / co-coordinators after the Kitchens experiment, even though we are due to see the Ravens OC, staff from San Fran, and also Urban Meyer who is being mentioned. What we need (imo) is an experienced NFL coach, who will keep our unruly mob in check. Things went stale up in the tundra for McCarthy, but he undoubtedly did a great job in Green Bay for the majority of his time there, & could be the man we need in Cleveland to straighten things out....at last.

As for GM...its anybody's guess, & I honestly dont have a clue who could step in. I would've kept Dorsey tbh - but things obviously got to the stage where his position was beyond repair.

Oh, the fun of supporting the Browns....

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach

Totally agree with your picks. I think the Titans have a great shot at beating the Pats with Tannehill in great form, & Henrys devastating running. Their defense is under rated too IMO and I really hope they stuff NE.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Texans, Patriots, Seahawks, Saints.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Texans, Pats, Seahawk’s, Saints.

Really hope Seattle can win. It’s been a strange season, but we deserve to beat the Eagles. On at a really shit time in Dubai (kicks off 1:40am) and I’m on an overnight flight the previous night, so will probably be pretty spaced out and tired, but no way am I missing this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
I'm late on this and I might want to change my mind on the first pick, but I'm going with: Texans, Titans, Saints, Seahawks.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Thought it was over for the Bills who collapsed completely in the second half. But goes to 19-19 and overtime. Still think it will be the Texans who take this. Last playoffs to go to OT was in 2011 Steelers v Broncos.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
And Texans take it 22-19 in OT from 16-0 down. Sean Watson pulls off play of the game.

Titans Pats up next

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports