[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2019 Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Great comeback by my Texans. JJ gets the sack and it all goes from there.

Fair play to the Bills who had the guts to get the last kick FG in regulation time.

But Watson's the master escapologist this season and he found the space in OT by somehow staying on his feet.

All Houstonians can finally let the 1993 'Choke' by the Oilers to the Bills go now. :smile:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
And Patriots out, thank God. Finally a Super Bowl without them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Think Belichick was just out-coached by Mike Vrabel. First time in 10 years that the Pats won't be part of the playoffs in the divisional round which will make a lot of people happy. Watching the game it seemed to me that the Titans had no fear of the Pats. Brady becomes a free agent after this game and possibly his last pass as a Pats QB was a Pick-6.

Will he / wont he stay at the Pats? (And if you aren't a Pats fan do you really care)

He said he would continue playing until he was 45 - he's 42 now.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Proper game of two halves in Houston. Bills totally dominated the first half and great trick play to open the scoring, Watson seemed to almost be trying too hard to make things happen. All swung the other way after that sack from JJ and Watson suddenly pulled off the plays he's been making all season. Great game.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Think Belichick was just out-coached by Mike Vrabel. First time in 10 years that the Pats won't be part of the playoffs in the divisional round which will make a lot of people happy. Watching the game it seemed to me that the Titans had no fear of the Pats. Brady becomes a free agent after this game and possibly his last pass as a Pats QB was a Pick-6.

Will he / wont he stay at the Pats? (And if you aren't a Pats fan do you really care)

He said he would continue playing until he was 45 - he's 42 now.

I wouldn't necessarily say that Belichick was out-coached. There were a few drops by the Pats receivers in key moments and Brady is finished as an elite QB.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Lets hope not. On a very short shortlist, I can see McCarthy heading to Berea if offered, after being interviewed yesterday. I honestly cant see us appointing any more untested position coaches / co-coordinators after the Kitchens experiment, even though we are due to see the Ravens OC, staff from San Fran, and also Urban Meyer who is being mentioned. What we need (imo) is an experienced NFL coach, who will keep our unruly mob in check. Things went stale up in the tundra for McCarthy, but he undoubtedly did a great job in Green Bay for the majority of his time there, & could be the man we need in Cleveland to straighten things out....at last.

As for GM...its anybody's guess, & I honestly dont have a clue who could step in. I would've kept Dorsey tbh - but things obviously got to the stage where his position was beyond repair.

Oh, the fun of supporting the Browns....

I would expect McCarthy to go to the Cowboys

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
All three play off games have been excellent so far, can Wentz somehow outsmart Wilson in this last one.

They keep them out and then block the field goal on Seahawks first drive.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
And Seattle are through!

Great games from DK Metcalf on offence, Jadeveon Clowney on defence, Russell Wilson as cool as ever.

Philly never looked like winning that, but this being Seattle 2019, we just had to keep the game open right till the end!

Bring on the cheeseheads!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Eagles luck finally runs out - they lose Carson Wentz in the first quarter with a head injury, sub 40 year old Josh Mc Cown had a pretty good game IMO but not enough to stop them losing 17-9 to the Seahawks

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Great to see the Pats lose so early, unfortunately Seattle didn't also - anyway here's hoping the 49'ers go all the way (from a Skins fan)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are the Faints fans the most 'up themselves' in the League?

The Viqueens and then the Packers were only ever looseners to keep God Almighty Brees sharp until he he leads them through the Championship game and onto the trophy.

I assume now they're crying about Offensive PI, screaming for a policeman and adamant Park Avenue has it in for them.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

Really pleased to see Minnesota win...

Soft spot for them after seeing them v the St Louis Cardinals play the first pre-season game at Wemberleeee in 1983...Tommy Kramer the QB I seem to recall and a blinding day was had...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Really pleased to see Minnesota win...

Soft spot for them after seeing them v the St Louis Cardinals play the first pre-season game at Wemberleeee in 1983...Tommy Kramer the QB I seem to recall and a blinding day was had...

As a Packers fan Im less happy.

Can't see us beating them 3 times playing badly, esp as the Viqueens seem to have some offense back.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Yeah, was kinda hoping they would be in the early slate so I could watch it without resorting to a few strong coffees...
On the evidence of Seattles shaky OL last night, Za'Darius & Preston Smith could have a field day rushing of the edge!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
And Seattle are through!

Great games from DK Metcalf on offence, Jadeveon Clowney on defence, Russell Wilson as cool as ever.

Philly never looked like winning that, but this being Seattle 2019, we just had to keep the game open right till the end!

Bring on the cheeseheads!

As a Packers fan I'm less than delighted at who we're playing next.

Got an email this morning offering me a ticket/tailgate party ticket. Very tempting.

It would mean getting out the thermals and winter coat - I've been to Lambeau at this time of year before - it's cold - very cold - and playing there may be the advantage we need.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lets hope not. On a very short shortlist, I can see McCarthy heading to Berea if offered, after being interviewed yesterday. I honestly cant see us appointing any more untested position coaches / co-coordinators after the Kitchens experiment, even though we are due to see the Ravens OC, staff from San Fran, and also Urban Meyer who is being mentioned. What we need (imo) is an experienced NFL coach, who will keep our unruly mob in check. Things went stale up in the tundra for McCarthy, but he undoubtedly did a great job in Green Bay for the majority of his time there, & could be the man we need in Cleveland to straighten things out....at last.

I'm not sure who I want. I don't think I want Marvin Lewis or Mike McCarthy. For me that's a bit like a struggling PL team employing Alan Pardew or Mark Hughes: experienced, yes, but surely their best days are behind them. I think I'd prefer a 'Potter' character, i.e.a younger, more innovative figure. For some reason I keep coming back to Minnesota Vikings offensive coordinator Kevin Stefanski. I know he's been mentioned as a possibility, and I like the sound of him, but maybe I've just been swayed by that performance against the Saints.

For GM ...... Andrew Berry of the Eagles; I think he's president of football operations there. Again I've heard his name mentioned and he sounds good. (Probably too good and thus won't want to come).

EDIT: Maybe both are too young. Maybe we do need a steady hand on the tiller for a season or two whilst we pursue mediocrity. As you say our lot need a lot of controlling.

Oh I don't know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports