Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL NFL 2013 Thread

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Qb's were flying off the board early in my draft so I had to go Ryan in the 5th or 6th earlier than I wanted to. Freeman is a decent one to rotate in especially when at home. Given the interest on here an NSC league may well have been a goer, maybe next season?

Really can't wait for the season to start, all game passed up and ready for red zone on sunday!

We should definately make it happen.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Any other Steelers fans on here worried about our prospects?

0-4 pre season
No running game to speak of
Heath Miller not fit
Brown & Saunders under big pressure to deliver at WR
Ageing defence
Big Ben's recent record with injuries
Tough divisional rivals (improving Bengals & the Superbowl champions.)

I think we'll be lucky to scrape 8-8.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Have Sky still got the Thursday & 2 Sunday games?

Sky have got the opener on Thursday night/Frrday morning - being shown on Sky Sports 2. Sunday they have Falcons @Saints follwed by Packers @ 49ers. Not sure if they still have RedZone behind the red button this year

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How the hell do those of you (like me) in the UK keep up with all this? I presume you all have Sky and preseason info is shown on there but is there something else I'm missing apart from team websites? Find it difficult to keep up with the Redskins nowadays after being a fan since 1983.
I make no bones about being a Kornheiser apologist.
Listening to the abridged version of his show today, (yesterdays show) it occurred to me it was the quintessential show.
There's maybe too many in-jokes, but this show has it all, comedy, sports, monkeys, serious stuff, the only thing missing was politics:-

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=65&c=580&f=1814401

Give it a listen.
For purely 'Skins stuff make sure you listen to Tuesday's show.

Absolute Radio have the radio commentary coverage of this seasons NFL.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Incredibly the Browns finished the preseason with a 3-1 record, including a victory over the Chicago Bears. Dare we hope for something marvelous like a winning season? Even finishing 7-9 will be progress after last season. And the season before that. And nearly every season since the Bernie Kosar days.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
30 years a Cowboys fan, ups and downs just like the Albion. Will be good one week and hopeless the next. Romo inconsistent as a QB, and Owner Jerry Jones will fire the triggar again at the coach no doubt. Love the sky and online coverage. Love the commentary and knowledge of the guys who do the play by play. Biased but Aikman is great.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Ravens 27 - 49 Broncos

Manning with 7 TD passes, something not done since 1969 or something silly like that. Should have been a higher score had Trevathan not fumbled after returning an interception for a TD and dropping the ball to celebrate just before he crossed the line :facepalm:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Ravens 27 - 49 Broncos

Manning with 7 TD passes, something not done since 1969 or something silly like that. Should have been a higher score had Trevathan not fumbled after returning an interception for a TD and dropping the ball to celebrate just before he crossed the line :facepalm:

Just glad neither of my fantasy teams got burned by that one, whoever has Manning this week has just cleaned up. Wow! What an opener, roll on sunday and then the big one on monday night (not the Texans and Chargers).

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Incredibly the Browns finished the preseason with a 3-1 record, including a victory over the Chicago Bears. Dare we hope for something marvelous like a winning season? Even finishing 7-9 will be progress after last season. And the season before that. And nearly every season since the Bernie Kosar days.

Every chance the Browns will not be as bad as everyone thinks, 7-9 maybe achievable if Weedon can play with conviction and confidence. Richardson could have a big year if healthy.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Every chance the Browns will not be as bad as everyone thinks, 7-9 maybe achievable if Weedon can play with conviction and confidence. Richardson could have a big year if healthy.

I'm hoping that the Browns can turn things around a bit this year - I've seen too many seasons start with a positive attitude, only for it to be wiped out by about week 5! Richardson will be a beast for us this year, although Im slightly concerned at the depth of the backfield behind him. Not really got anybody capable of taking up the slack imo. Weeden will have a better year I'm sure - and I reckon Cameron could be a real threat at TE. Big, athletic guy that could become a fav in the red zone for the QB's.
As for Manning & the Broncos last night....blimey! I watched the last half hour when the wife went off to work and the Ravens looked totally shell shocked. Not that that is a bad thing as a Browns fan though!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
My second season of following the Falcons after declaring my colours last year.

Still learning the sport but I was DEVASTATED to see them fall so close to Super Bowl.

Any experts out there, are we (yes, im referring to them as we) likley to just storm into the playoffs (they were unbeaten last year, wern't they?) and then fall before the big prize??

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm hoping that the Browns can turn things around a bit this year - I've seen too many seasons start with a positive attitude, only for it to be wiped out by about week 5! Richardson will be a beast for us this year, although Im slightly concerned at the depth of the backfield behind him. Not really got anybody capable of taking up the slack imo. Weeden will have a better year I'm sure - and I reckon Cameron could be a real threat at TE. Big, athletic guy that could become a fav in the red zone for the QB's.
As for Manning & the Broncos last night....blimey! I watched the last half hour when the wife went off to work and the Ravens looked totally shell shocked. Not that that is a bad thing as a Browns fan though!

Rich Eisen has tipped the Browns as his surprise team of the year, so who knows. Must be tough being a Browns fan I admire anyone who can stick with it. Still I think your division is wide open this year, the Ravens and Steelers are both weaker and the Bengals finally need to deal with some expectation.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Ravens 27 - 49 Broncos

Just caught up with it on game pass, it was a good game. Baltimore really lost it second half and had Manning and Thomas against them who could do little wrong. The interception and celebratory fumble by Trevathon was cringy and must be every coaches nightmare, loved the commentator saying coaches should just train players to go and give the ball back to an official prior to celebrating. Bizarre why Ravens did not challenge Welker catch when it clearly hit the ground and then lead to Bronco's stream rolling the game.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Just glad neither of my fantasy teams got burned by that one, whoever has Manning this week has just cleaned up. Wow! What an opener, roll on sunday and then the big one on monday night (not the Texans and Chargers).

One of my fantasy teams was up against Manning, Welker and Thomas - Thats 101 pts to zip so far...

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
29 years and counting Hotchilidog....One day things will go our way!! :lol:

Looks like most of us started following the NFL around the same time, can't believe I've been a Skins fan for 30 years. The Browns are due a break, if you haven't seen it I recommend the 95 Browns episode of A Football Life from Season 2 on NFL Network, a tragic tale, but what an unbelievable coaching staff they had then.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I've only ever had a passing interest but at the start of last season I figured the best way for me to pay more attention and get into it was to follow a team. Simply on the basis that there is a Brighton just down the road from Denver (which saw a few Denver-based firms follow me on Twitter) I decided to go with the Orange Crush.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here