Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL NFL 2013 Thread

Jul 7, 2003
No doubt my team the Raiders will have another underwhelming season.

As a Broncos fan I hope you are right:wink: The OTT hype about my own team pre-season is now being tempered given the issues we have had over the last few weeks. Our players always seems to attract controversy - who'd have thought young men with loads of money could get into so much trouble!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I might be wrong, but I thought the Raiders were going to be less sh*te than usual, this season.

Although 1-15 can't really be that reassuring. :lol:

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
I might be wrong, but I thought the Raiders were going to be less sh*te than usual, this season.

Although 1-15 can't really be that reassuring. :lol:

Worst O-Line in football and no QB to speak of. It could be messy. I'll say they notch two wins all year.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
i watch some of the games on sky - if i i miss it, i'll download a copy of it and stay away from the score - if im pushed for time i watch extended highlights on nfl.com

american sports have it nailed in terms of sports broadcasting

I'm not a 'Skins fan, but I'm a huge Tony Kornheiser fan.

I podcast or listen live to his radio show (back next week), along with the PtI podcast.
One of his friends and 'zoo' presenters as well as Washington sports journo is Kevin Sheehan, who I follow on twitter.
Along with David Aldridge.

So I'm an Albion then Packers fan, who accidentally is kept bang up to date with The 'Skins and Nat'nals.

I have no idea what's going on at PackerNation, other than what I get from PtI.

Oh yes as Willy says when it comes to T'internet sport the US are the bestest.

Having tried the dodgy internet streams for a while I bit the bullet and subscribed to NFL Game Pass. This year is £99 for a season pass if you book in advance with access to all games excluding those on Sky plus NFL TV, RedZone and other programming.

Cheers for the replies :thumbsup:. I had seen the NFL Game Pass thing and it looks very good but unfortunately there is no spare money so I will have to rely on what scraps I can scavenge elsewhere :) Will check out Tony Kornheiser though. And I agree about Amerivan sports and broadcasting, very difficult to beat :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cheers for the replies :thumbsup:. I had seen the NFL Game Pass thing and it looks very good but unfortunately there is no spare money so I will have to rely on what scraps I can scavenge elsewhere :) Will check out Tony Kornheiser though. And I agree about Amerivan sports and broadcasting, very difficult to beat :)
The Skins website will have game highlights pretty quick, at no charge. As will NFL.com.
TK's show is nearly all Skins the day after a game.
Then through the week he slowly descends into Victor Meldrew territory, all the while being smart, political, liberal and topical.

It's not just the Skins I have an intimate knowledge of, don't get me started on corruption at Washington City Council or the parking in Bethesda, voy.

pacman

Jul 27, 2008
Farnborough
As a Jets fan it's going to be long long season. A head coach that doesn't have a clue, no qbs nor receivers I could go on bit I'll start to get depressed. 4-12 at absolute best in my opinion.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
falcons, cowboys, colts, packers, 49ers & bengals to win their divisions

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Let's go Giants! Take them apart Eli!

I’m pretty optimistic about the Giants this season, whereas the Jets are already starting to look jittery even before the September 8 opener. They finally off loaded Tebow to the Pats – that whole episode was beyond embarrassing, I never rated Tebow but couldn’t help feeling a bit sorry for him being caught in the middle. The Jets endless QB competition rumbles on with Sanchez sustaining a shoulder injury in the preseason game against the Giants, this was really unnecessary as it would have made more sense for him to stay on the sideline. Woody Johnson dismissed their General Manager and should have included Ryan as well.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Unbelievable - no one has mentioned the true Superbowl favourites this year yet! Our little QB is going to light up the league again, and the Legion of Boom will destroy everything in its path...

In the words of RW3 - "Go Hawks!"

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
4-12 beckons for us :(

All about College Football though, season starts Thursday. Boomer Sooner!

Agree for college football, think if Clemson can beat Georgia we stand a good chance of getting down to last couple of matches undefeated. Big if though even at home! If loose opening day our season is over really. Can't bloody wait!!! So much better than the NFL

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Will ESPN still be showing 3 games back to back on a Saturday now ESPN America has gone?

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Big D fan here and as mentioned above the only real way to watch football is through gamepass just subscribed for my 3rd season!

Early signs and media are saying that we should be winning the league this year, RG3 is moving in to what tends to be the most difficult season imho the second and it remains to be seen how that ridiculous call to allow him to stay in the game last year will effect him. Also it sounds like they will be using him less as a runner during the regular season.
I am sure Eli will be as clutch as always but I cant see what they have really added to the O line and can see them giving away loads of sacks this year.
Philly I am really unsure about and it depends how things work out at QB for them but I think they will be pushing us close this year!

I cant wait to watch GB and also the Seahawks if they dont have 2nd year QB issues as well which I really dont think they will have.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Unbelievable - no one has mentioned the true Superbowl favourites this year yet! Our little QB is going to light up the league again, and the Legion of Boom will destroy everything in its path...

In the words of RW3 - "Go Hawks!"

i remember watching him play for wisconsin in the rose bowl and thought - wow, he's pretty good

remember seahawks drafting him to little fanfare and thought he was a good pick but never expected anything like how he has performed

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I take it your joking seeing that Romo is the most succesful QB in November ever (since superbowl 1)

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...-in-november-of-any-qb-in-super-bowl-era.html

It tends to be December that does us ;)

Couldn't remember if it was November or December that Romo implodes.

So, as per usual it will be :

Good start in September

Steady in October

On fire in November (everyone talking up Dallas as serious contenders this year)

Totally cock it up in December, finish 3rd in the NFC East.

:wink:

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Agree for college football, think if Clemson can beat Georgia we stand a good chance of getting down to last couple of matches undefeated. Big if though even at home! If loose opening day our season is over really. Can't bloody wait!!! So much better than the NFL

cannot wait for that game - Tahj Boyd vs. FFS Murray - 2 potential Heisman candidates - will be rooting for the Tigers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here