Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL NFL 2013 Thread

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
How the hell do those of you (like me) in the UK keep up with all this? I presume you all have Sky and preseason info is shown on there but is there something else I'm missing apart from team websites? Find it difficult to keep up with the Redskins nowadays after being a fan since 1983.

If you are a Skins fan you can listen to all the games online or tune in radio at ESPN 980, Chris Cooley has joined the much maligned Larry Michaels in the booth. The commentary is really good, ESPN 980 has loads of redskins chat during the day too.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
College Football is Back!!

North Carolina @ South Carolina followed by Old Miss @ Vanderbilt on ESPN staring now :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
annoyingly can't find any torrents of the college games from last night - they used to be available to download the day after, but that looks to have stopped - i watched maybe 20 minutes of the north v south carolina game before i got too tired :(

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I’m waiting to see how hosting the Superbowl in New York (well New Jersey actually, but that upsets New Yorkers) pans out. The long range forecast is for brass monkeys, and it’s been a while since it’s been played in a refrigerator State –last time was Detroit in ’06 – I think they’ll be handing out thermal underwear at the gates. A dream final for NYC would be Jets / Giants – but there’s about zero chance of that happening. Giants have a pretty good record with 2 wins in the last 6 years, but all the while the Jets persist in having that waste of space Rex Ryan in charge they have no chance.

Yes but the Detroit Superbowl was "Indoors", i'm told the award to New York "outdoors" created a similar uproar to the 2022 World Cup venue.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I shall be consistent with my previous 30 years as a Raiders fan (bar a couple of inspired seasons), and pray for the heady-achievement of a .500 season. Watching Jack Crawford progress, and Menelik Watson, might create some interest from an otherwise likely-to-be depressing season.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
for any college fans just finished watching an absolute belter of a game between Ole Miss & Vanderbilt that was on ESPN - won't ruin the score but if you havent seen it yet, i would definitely recommend it

I've seen the score and you are right it"s a belter. Hope the Georgia Clemson game is as good this weekend. The Ducks v Nicholls State will not be one to get the pulses racing that's for sure.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
So I had my NFL fantasy league draft last night, great fun. I ended up with;

QB: Romo, Freeman
RB: Lynch, S. Jackson, I Pead, S Greene
WR: D Thomas, V Jackson, M Colston, E Sanders, B Hartline
TE: J Gresham, H Miller
K: G Hartley
DEF: 49'ers.

Not bad for a first effort, good solid receiving core and strong frontline running backs. Strong defense. However, if either of my top 2 RB's get injured I'm stuffed, the TE's are solid, if unspectacular & as for the QB's, could be a masterstroke (I drafted Romo in the 7th round I think) or it could be a disaster.

Getting excited about the season now - it opens on Thursday.

Have Sky still got the Thursday & 2 Sunday games?
C4 have got Sunday night football.
Do the BEEB still have the Red Button Monday night game?

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
So I had my NFL fantasy league draft last night, great fun. I ended up with;

QB: Romo, Freeman
RB: Lynch, S. Jackson, I Pead, S Greene
WR: D Thomas, V Jackson, M Colston, E Sanders, B Hartline
TE: J Gresham, H Miller
K: G Hartley
DEF: 49'ers.

Not bad for a first effort, good solid receiving core and strong frontline running backs. Strong defense. However, if either of my top 2 RB's get injured I'm stuffed, the TE's are solid, if unspectacular & as for the QB's, could be a masterstroke (I drafted Romo in the 7th round I think) or it could be a disaster.

Getting excited about the season now - it opens on Thursday.

Have Sky still got the Thursday & 2 Sunday games?
C4 have got Sunday night football.
Do the BEEB still have the Red Button Monday night game?

Not too shabby. I like the look of your backs.

My team.

QB: Stafford, Palmer
RB: McCoy, Chris Johnson, Reggie Bush, Fred Jackson, Jacquizz Rogers, Ben Tate
WR: Bowe, Jordy Nelson, Kenny Britt, Justin Blackmon, Tavon Austin
TE: Martelius Bennett
DEF: Falcons

Forgot a kicker! :rolleyes:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
had my first live draft yesterday too, it was indeed great fun.

QB: Ryan, Bradford
RB: AP, Bush, Gio Bernard, (back ups Jaquizz Rodgers, Kenjon barner)
WR: Cobb/Hilton (back up Josh Morgan, Cordarelle Patterson)
TE: Fred Davis (back up Tyler Eifert)
K: David Akers
Def: Steelers

I have some flexibility with this possible trade bait with Eifert and patterson. It was a 14 team league so plenty of talent heading off the board early.

No Cowboys in my team! Still I think Romo in the 7th was not bad for you Spring Hall he'll do better than his team, just watch out for interceptions.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
had my first live draft yesterday too, it was indeed great fun.

QB: Ryan, Bradford
RB: AP, Bush, Gio Bernard, (back ups Jaquizz Rodgers, Kenjon barner)
WR: Cobb/Hilton (back up Josh Morgan, Cordarelle Patterson)
TE: Fred Davis (back up Tyler Eifert)
K: David Akers
Def: Steelers

I have some flexibility with this possible trade bait with Eifert and patterson. It was a 14 team league so plenty of talent heading off the board early.

No Cowboys in my team! Still I think Romo in the 7th was not bad for you Spring Hall he'll do better than his team, just watch out for interceptions.

I may have been able to pick him up in the 8th, if I'd waited and picked up another lesser light starting running back instead or a better TE. Despite the Cowboys not making the playoffs last year, his numbers were pretty impressive. I think there should be enough there if I rotate him and Freeman wisely (Romo's notoriously poor on the road)to vindicate the decision to take a QB so late. We'll see I guess.

We really should have set up a NSC league shouldn't we?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I may have been able to pick him up in the 8th, if I'd waited and picked up another lesser light starting running back instead or a better TE. Despite the Cowboys not making the playoffs last year, his numbers were pretty impressive. I think there should be enough there if I rotate him and Freeman wisely (Romo's notoriously poor on the road)to vindicate the decision to take a QB so late. We'll see I guess.

We really should have set up a NSC league shouldn't we?

Qb's were flying off the board early in my draft so I had to go Ryan in the 5th or 6th earlier than I wanted to. Freeman is a decent one to rotate in especially when at home. Given the interest on here an NSC league may well have been a goer, maybe next season?

Really can't wait for the season to start, all game passed up and ready for red zone on sunday!

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
I've seen the score and you are right it"s a belter. Hope the Georgia Clemson game is as good this weekend. The Ducks v Nicholls State will not be one to get the pulses racing that's for sure.

fortunately ESPN have great coverage of CFB this season - so I watched the Clemson game on Sunday - not quite as exciting a finish but a great game nonetheless - and very happy with the result

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here