****The Official Gaming Thread****

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I use a PC for gaming mostly - currently working through Batman: Arkham City, Skyrim and the fan translation of Seikken Densetsu 3 via emulator after originally starting it years ago. Other games started but awaiting completion are Super Streetfighter IV, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Cave Story+, Recettear and Chantelise.

We also have a Wii in the house but I mostly only use that for exercise :D

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Just finished ME3 and must admit I was hugely disappointed with it. ME2 kept me engaged for ages and coming back for more. ME3 just didn't have that effect.

Used to play BF3 a lot until they allowed any old punter to buy all the guns, vehicles etc from the off, which kinda defeats the purpose of levelling up slowly and earning points to get better weapons etc. Becomes just about jumping into a helicopter which is impossible to shoot down as it has maxed out upgrades, and then kicking arse. As a result have given up on BF3 now.

Heavily into MineCraft now, though god only knows why. LOL

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Xbox 360 user, only play Battlefield 3 and Fifa 12.

Use to be a fan of Call of Duty and played every series, but after the first Modern Warfare it went downhill, and have not brought a copy since MW2.

If anyone thinks they can beat me at Fifa 12 though, feel free to give it a try:p NekleNick

I've just finished fallout 3. Bought it whan it first came out but for some reason never really played it. Picked it up again a few weeks a go and have been blown away by how good it is. Really disappointed I've finished it and now debating whether to get a copy of new vegas or leave it for a bit and try some other games i've never got round to.

Also the option of buying one of the expansion packs and carry on playing that one?

For me its FIFA, COD, Fallout 3, Fight Night, WWE and LA Noire on the 360 at our student house. Hoping to buy my own console in next couple of months, but not entirely certain, as I loved playing God of War, but that's ps3 exclusive and really want to play that!

On my Wii its a mixbag as have a lot of snes/n64/megadrive downloads from the Wii shop along with a ton of Wii games!

Also owned ps1, ps2 and most of the Nintendo handhelds over the years...so yeah a little bit of a gaming addict!

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
MW3 only on XBOX360. Have loads of others I should be playing but I just can't get myself to take it out of the console!

I have a clan tag of [BHA] and am a clan of 1!

EGGMUND0 (zero at end) if any one wants to add.

ds4000

Sep 4, 2010
Trophy hunt on ps3, also play in a clan on mw3. Anyone fancy a game add me smoking-gun

ds4000

Sep 4, 2010
We should get some sort of game swap thing going. I usually play a game until it's completely finished and then trade it in, but they usually give you less than a tenner. Let me know if you Platinum any games and I could send you over one of my conquests.
. I have saints row 3rd and Lego Harry potter 5-7.

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
360 player but have got a bit bored of the lack of decent games out lately. Only really play a bit of fifa and cod with mates nowadays! Proper looking forward to GTA 5, Watch Dogs and the Skyrim dlc when they bother to release it though!

The last game I bought was Trials Evolution but I got bored of that after around a week!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Does anyone own and play both PS3 & X360?

I own an Xbox 360. Are there good enough PS3 exclusives to warrant buying a PS3 (near new) for £150. Would I realistically use both consoles?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Not really playing anything specific at the moment, just Fifa really. recently played Red Dead Redemption, and I need to play the Undead Nightmare expansion but I've not got round to it. At some point I also need to pick up the last Assassins Creed so I'm up to date for AC3, which looks chuffing brilliant.

From what I've seen of E3 the games I want most (other than inevitably getting Fifa 13 on release) are, in order of interest right now:
Watch Dogs,
AC3,
The Last of Us
Beyond: Two Souls (I adored Heavy Rain and so even without the pretty awesome footage they showed I'd be interested in Quantic Dreams' new game.)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

I own an Xbox 360. Are there good enough PS3 exclusives to warrant buying a PS3 (near new) for £150. Would I realistically use both consoles?
I'm thinking of buying a PS3 just for Metal Gear Solid 4.

I don't even care if it's that good, it feels wrong not to have played it.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I'm thinking of buying a PS3 just for Metal Gear Solid 4.

I don't even care if it's that good, it feels wrong not to have played it.

Have you had a look at the new MGS HD re-releases?
I'm also looking forward to FFX HD :D
& Silent Hill HD looks horrific!

Igor Gurinovich?

Mar 27, 2006
Southampton

Yes though only bought my PS3 when the xbox packed in.. must say something that ive never bothered to get it fixed, primarily as i enjoy being able to play region free titles from the states.

however the announcement about SmartGlass for the xbox 360 has me lining up a repair...

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Anyone still playing video games?
I recently bought a PS3 and love it. Any new games out to recommend?
Fifa 12 online and Fallout New Vegas are taking up plenty of my time outside of work..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports