Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****The Official Gaming Thread****

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Its a bit old but you can get Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition for about £20 now and it has all of the DLC. Its overtaken Skyrim and Dragon Age: Origins again and is now my No.1 Fave Xbox game. There's hours of fun and although some of the DLC is irredeemably poor, overall its a work of art gaming-wise.

I reckon I've played it through 4-5 times now. Only 7 of the 75 Achievements left now (two of which will be done tonight and the other 5 are the last DLC).

Really can't recommend it highly enough.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Does anyone know what "not compatable in small screen mode means" I've tried to install sensible soccer on my laptop afew times now and just when it looks like its done, this message comes up.

Devastated

Try right click & properties. Then compatability, and change it to an older O/S? Have a play around with that buddy.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton

If you do get it, keep in mind during interrogations that when it was written and made the options were coax, force and accuse but late in development they were changed to truth, doubt and lie.

Can be a bit jarring going otherwise.

Suspect: "I didn't see her"
Me: Hmm, you must have, everyone else did. I'll press 'doubt'
Detective: "You were there though, weren't you? YOU WERE THERE, YOU SAW THE CHANCE AND YOU CAME ON TO HER, DIDN'T YOU? THINGS GOT OUT OF HAND AND YOU KILLED HER."
Me: Woah woah woah... cancel that response.
Detective: "I'm... sorry, let's discuss something else."

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Its a bit old but you can get Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition for about £20 now

I've got this one on PS3 and I've got a good few hours on it. I love it however it does get a bit repetitive with the missions being so 'fetch and bring back' esque.. I have no idea how close to the end of this game I am! Just recovered the downed B-29 from the lake.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
I bought Dawnguard for Skyrim recently that's lots fun, much better being the Vampire than Vampire Hunter.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Diablo 3 - completed it, now playing through the Nightmare difficulty setting.

Skyrim - will get back to this after finishing with Diablo.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If you do get it, keep in mind during interrogations that when it was written and made the options were coax, force and accuse but late in development they were changed to truth, doubt and lie.

Can be a bit jarring going otherwise.

Suspect: "I didn't see her"
Me: Hmm, you must have, everyone else did. I'll press 'doubt'
Detective: "You were there though, weren't you? YOU WERE THERE, YOU SAW THE CHANCE AND YOU CAME ON TO HER, DIDN'T YOU? THINGS GOT OUT OF HAND AND YOU KILLED HER."
Me: Woah woah woah... cancel that response.
Detective: "I'm... sorry, let's discuss something else."

That game is often hilarious because of that, the character is SO schizo.

(calmly) So you were at the scene

Old lady: yes, just doing some shopping.

YOU KILLED HIM DIDN'T YOU BITCH.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Its a bit old but you can get Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition for about £20 now and it has all of the DLC. Its overtaken Skyrim and Dragon Age: Origins again and is now my No.1 Fave Xbox game. There's hours of fun and although some of the DLC is irredeemably poor, overall its a work of art gaming-wise.

I reckon I've played it through 4-5 times now. Only 7 of the 75 Achievements left now (two of which will be done tonight and the other 5 are the last DLC).

Really can't recommend it highly enough.

PS. This game was for sale £10 earlier with all the DLC as a daily deal / flash deal if your thinking of buying it hold out until the last day to see if it goes that cheap again. The game is an example of hot to do DLC right, actual content rather than some new shitty costume you pay 50p for.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Coincimentally, does anyone know if Game need to have your receipt for pre-order, or whether they can do it off your reward card?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Depends how many other side quests you've embarked on, hard to say otherwise. What have you done down the main strip?

I've gotten the chip a way back, gone to Mr Houses place and the new V2.0 robots are out and about. I've killed Benny and last thing I remember is talking to the NCR boss in the strip and sorting out The King and his mate. I keep flittering in and out of the main story so now even I'm confused about where the f*** I am.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I've got this one on PS3 and I've got a good few hours on it. I love it however it does get a bit repetitive with the missions being so 'fetch and bring back' esque.. I have no idea how close to the end of this game I am! Just recovered the downed B-29 from the lake.

I was never a fan of the missions to be honest. The worst part of that game BY FAR is te Sierra Madre DLC. Its the only bit thats a serious chore because its so poorly done. Its like someone designed a small (comparatively) area and thought, this is too easy so included lots of the same baddie, plus some that can't be killed. Its SO poor!

Its what makes the game a 9/10 instead of a perfect 10. Obviously aspects of the game have improved with Skyrim but FO:NV, I keep coming back to. The "Fly me to the Moon" quest I always liked. I'm also always surprised that Benny is voiced my Matthew Perry.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
At this rate it will be a launch title on the PS4/NeXt-box...

...actually HL3 at launch on PS4 would pretty much guarantee I buy the console as soon as it comes out

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
I bought Dawnguard for Skyrim recently that's lots fun, much better being the Vampire than Vampire Hunter.

Finding this very underwhelming at the moment having waited so long for the DLC :/

I am a vampire hunter though, which so far has not really involved any hunting of vampires so hoping something happens sooner rather than later.

A friend tells me that they plan to release free DLC, and then after that the next installment will be much bigger than Dawnguard! Hoping this is the case, although I have found with most DLC for games like this e.g Fallout 3, they don't quite live up to the original story.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here