Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official Corona virus C**T list

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
According to companies house he has 75% or more shares of Virgin UK Holdings Ltd. Virgin UK Holdings Ltd has significant control over Classboss Ltd which in turn has significant control over Virgin Holdings. It's probably hard to say given the structures set up.

Years back, Private Eye took quite an interest in Branson's Virgin Group, they found that many of the businesses were either running at a loss or not performing that well. There was a complicated series of movements of loans and transfers between the profitable sectors and those struggling. At that time he was suggesting that all his companies were a success and I think his ego would not allow one to fail.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
According to companies house he has 75% or more shares of Virgin UK Holdings Ltd. Virgin UK Holdings Ltd has significant control over Classboss Ltd which in turn has significant control over Virgin Holdings. It's probably hard to say given the structures set up.

I gave up, it's not helped by the inevitable offshore status, where is sketchy.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Years back, Private Eye took quite an interest in Branson's Virgin Group, they found that many of the businesses were either running at a loss or not performing that well. There was a complicated series of movements of loans and transfers between the profitable sectors and those struggling. At that time he was suggesting that all his companies were a success and I think his ego would not allow one to fail.

The Daily Mail (it was the only paper we could buy abroad on holiday) did the same thing at that time.

Their point, quite a spiteful typically DM one, was that Branson was a financial loser. All smoke and mirrors, the Virgin companies dead ducks.

Many years later he and they are still active, they must've at least broke even.

For some reason the DM quite clearly couldn't stand the bloke, but then they hate a lot of celebs, politicians and royals.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Daily Mail (it was the only paper we could buy abroad on holiday) did the same thing at that time.

Their point, quite a spiteful typically DM one, was that Branson was a financial loser. All smoke and mirrors, the Virgin companies dead ducks.

Many years later he and they are still active, they must've at least broke even.

For some reason the DM quite clearly couldn't stand the bloke, but then they hate a lot of celebs, politicians and royals.

Lots of the businesses were sold off or quietly closed as he moved on to other things.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Can add Joe Lewis and Daniel Levy to list

Cutting wages of non playing staff - both could cover with ease.

Disgraceful move by Spuds, players should offer a cut in wages to support the rest of their fellow staff.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Might have to revise my opinion of EasyJet. They have now removed online refunds and are pushing them through their call centres...which are currently impossible to get through to.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Plucky Bournemouth are no longer going to be paying ‘their accommodation providers’ for their youth team players.

Hopefully said providers make the players homeless and make it the clubs problem

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Might have to revise my opinion of EasyJet. They have now removed online refunds and are pushing them through their call centres...which are currently impossible to get through to.
Was part of the IT team to test this... not ideal but i would stress it is only cash refunds where they have to go through the call center. They can go online to get a voucher credit which they can use for booking another flight.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Was part of the IT team to test this... not ideal but i would stress it is only cash refunds where they have to go through the call center. They can go online to get a voucher credit which they can use for booking another flight.

How long is the voucher valid for ? And airlines are obliged to give a refund if the flight is cancelled.

I’ve got one being offered with another airline only until 30th November !! And they’re making it really difficult to get a full refund

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
How long is the voucher valid for ? And airlines are obliged to give a refund if the flight is cancelled.

I’ve got one being offered with another airline only until 30th November !! And they’re making it really difficult to get a full refund

I think, i think it's until Feb 2021 (don't quote me) That's for EJ. They are just hemorrhaging cash and this is just a quick way to get the cancelled flights rebooked and that money back into the company.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here