Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official Brighton Vs Stockport Thread

El Pres, not the way our mailing list sees it. they are reporting that BHA were one of the better teams we've played this season although lacking the finshing touch. In fact Mozzer is saying that we were more effective down OUR left than your left. General consensus is that although we deserved the win BHA are a decent team just lacking that extra something.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country

From the above site - "But having said that I thought Brighton played some lovely football, particularly through Kevin Thornton"

He was completely and utterly frustrating and needs a kick up the arse. Every time he got the ball in their half he'd attempt to dribble round two or three players then disappear up his own arse and lose the ball. I've lost count of the times in the 2nd half we were all desperately yelling "shoot" at him. Oy wey. Complete and utter frustration.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
We were by far the best side in the first half tonight. In the second we weren't so good, but over the course of the game we deserved a draw. Just like we did on Saturday. Now, I'm not trying to pretend all is well, but I don't think we're DIRE.

I profoundly and utterly disagree with this statement. Throughout both halves Stockport conrttrolled and passed the ball far better than us and continually got behind our back line almost at will!!

The fact that we hit the bar and post didn't for me alter the fact that for most of the game we were second best. All hail to Michel - particularly for the save in the 1st half when wozziness name was 1 on 1 with him -; also Elphick for some last ditch tackles and Forster and Murray for doing their best up front despite a paucity of service from a midfield suffering from the footballers equivalent of brewers droop; but to say at any tme we were the better side.........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here