Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official Brighton Vs Stockport Thread

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Oh dear. Listening to that Peter that was just on, that's the kind of thick idiots we're dealing with here. No point to make, just wants Adams out, nice one. About time to give up here I think, I know my views on it, it's only November but unfortunately not gonna change the minds of the stupidly narrow-minded.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Oh dear. Listening to that Peter that was just on, that's the kind of thick idiots we're dealing with here. No point to make, just wants Adams out, nice one. About time to give up here I think, I know my views on it, it's only November but unfortunately not gonna change the minds of the stupidly narrow-minded.

But, you're being a bit narrow-minded youself - i'm SURE most of the Adams-outers can probably scrape together an argument for keeping him as well.

I've yet to see you acknowledge the fact that we're 19th, he's taken us backwards, and that the defence is leaking goals. Moaning about Elphick is just about the only acceptance of a 'problem' that we see from you. ?

There are some very upset people on here tonight :(

Gotta question Adams' tactics really... with the players we have we should be pushing the play off places EASILY. The blame lays with the manager, look at England with McClaren/Capello. If he can't get the best out of them then questions have to be asked!!!!!

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
But, you're being a bit narrow-minded youself - i'm SURE most of the Adams-outers can probably scrape together an argument for keeping him as well.

I've yet to see you acknowledge the fact that we're 19th, he's taken us backwards, and that the defence is leaking goals. Moaning about Elphick is just about the only acceptance of a 'problem' that we see from you. ?

How am I being narrow-minded because I don't want to sack the manager in his first season, 3 months in? Can you please explain?

Of course I acknowledge the fact we're 19th. Because I don't have knee jerk reactions nor become ludicrously negative when we lose a couple of games I don't seem to have acknowledged we have a problem? I am realistic that is all, ok so we haven't had a great start to the season, so what, it's not the end of the world, it doesn't mean we'll be in a relagation fight as it's only November, all we can do is think about next game, surely?

I don't moan about Elphick, I moan about people's bias perception of him.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Just reading through these posts... Chez, do you honestly believe if we'd had another keeper in goal we'd have won tonight? Absolute bulls**t. Kuipers has probably been the most consistent player this club has had in recent years (did you go to the Man City game...? Probably not, cos all your opinions are based on "what people have told you". And why weren't you at Stockport...?). Disgusting and disrespectful.

And anyone who believes that it was Dick Knight's decision to sack Wilkins and bring back Adams is living a fantasy. There are much more powerful people (in terms of MONEY) involved at BHA than DK, and as I understand it he was given very little choice.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I wasn't saying people should go to every game, or even that they should go at all. It's just amazing that there can be hundreds of posts, many full of swearing, abuse, and criticisms, when every poster on the thread can't have actually seen the game in question.

No. But we've seen enough this season to suggest that things are pretty dire. Anyone only has to look at the league table and our scorelines over the season to work it out!

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
We were by far the best side in the first half tonight. In the second we weren't so good, but over the course of the game we deserved a draw. Just like we did on Saturday. Now, I'm not trying to pretend all is well, but I don't think we're DIRE.
fair assesment but still a lot of room for improvemnt and many unanswered questions

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
TCB do you see us turning this around?

I said on another thread I can see us giving a team a good beating in the not to distant future when Murray and Forster click again do you agree?

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
We were by far the best side in the first half tonight. In the second we weren't so good, but over the course of the game we deserved a draw. Just like we did on Saturday. Now, I'm not trying to pretend all is well, but I don't think we're DIRE.

I said things are pretty dire, as in our league position, our goal difference, our managers' tactics.

From what I heard on SCR and what you have said, it did sound like we deserved something. But we didn't get anything, just like on Saturday. We've got to stop deserving something, and actually GET something out of games.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was suggested on the phone in on Saturday by somebody' in the know' that we are going to buy a number of players in January with loads of money being spent.

Whether they are the existing loan players or others I dont know, but by MA reaction tonight I would suggest not. He said that he is going to have to look at the squad and bring in some more so I would think, and hope, that we get 1 or more in on a loan with option to buy in January, before the Oldham game in 10 days time. There is also the question of the 2 players from Derry that he is said to be interested in but I feel that that may be taking too much of a chance relying on them.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
The commentator is absolutely right, what is our main problem at the moment - confidence!! For this I think the 'fans' need to take some responsilbilty. We started the season very well, we had a couple of bad games and the supporters quickly got on the back of the team and the manager as opposed to seeing it as a blip and getting behind them.

Yes it's the fans fault that the players are underperforming, and here I was thinking it was the players fault, silly me!

I wasn't saying people should go to every game, or even that they should go at all. It's just amazing that there can be hundreds of posts, many full of swearing, abuse, and criticisms, when every poster on the thread can't have actually seen the game in question.

That's dead right. I very rarely go nowadays, and I have never posted an opinion on team selection or tactics. However, I am breaking this rule just for this issue; Adams is pushing his luck with not having a spare 'keeper on the bench. When the inevitable happens, watch the tirade of criticism from people who have never suggested in the past that he should include one.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

I don't recognise that description. By FAR? Deserved?

It always amazes me how strongly people can post about a game they're not watching.

Or that two people at the same game can see the same game so differently.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Not sure I agree, in the first fifteen minutes County had FOUR uninterrupted attacks down our left side, and only poor crosses from those opportunities, and the failure of their striker to beat FDM on a one to one stopped us being 3 or 4 down at half time. I don't remember any sustained pressure or anything more than a Forster half chance in the opening 45 minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here