Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official Brighton Marathon 2013 thread

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
It only needs a GCSE in maths to spot the progression. You will do 3:29:59 this year and next year actually break 3 hours. Olympic Gold in 3 years. Joking aside that is impressive year on year improvement and I bet you have relived, countless times, where you may have wasted that 11 seconds last year.

You're not wrong!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It's freezing cold in the queue. V excited though. Looking forward to entering 2014 (early bird discount) too.

Don't forget your photo ID for registration...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's freezing cold in the queue. V excited though. Looking forward to entering 2014 (early bird discount) too.

Don't forget your photo ID for registration...

There's a QUEUE? :ohmy:

I'm on my way down now. If anyone does want to get their name printed on their shirt, the Albion shop will do it for you.

You probably want a short name though, at a pound a letter :thumbsup:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Number collected and entry for 2014 sorted. Just want to get on with it now. And for the wind to die down a bit...

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Off to the Expo to get my race pack later. Oddly quite excited.

Also need to get my vest printed with my name. Hoping the Albion shop will do it. No idea if they will or if they can only do football shirts.

Albion shop in town center did mine, pound a letter!

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
nsc.jpg

2010: 4:27:44
2011: 4:14:34
2012: 4:08:40

2013 - Wow, can't believe this will be my 4th Marathon...the first one is always the hardest, and each year I've made small improvements and picked up more and more...will be very unhappy if I don't beat 4 hours this year, hoping for closer to 3:50. As the photo shows above, I'll be wearing the memorable "12354" red bib this year. The Brighton Marathon really is my favourite day of the year...I enjoy it more than Christmas and Birthdays (sad I know) but it really is a fantastic occasion...the best thing being the crowd of strangers cheering me on and helping me over the line. You guys who volunteer or come out to cheer are the ones who make the day so special!

I've run every year for Right To Play, my fundraising is never very good so if anyone on NSC can spare a few pennies I would be very greatful! Virgin Money Giving | Fundraising | Brighton Marathon 2013

Looking forward to Sunday, a heavy mixture of nerves and excitement at the moment!

Owen

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Will be watching from Boundary Road. I'll be the one with a well behaved 6 year old and a 2 year old trying to invade the course and take on the Kenyans. Good luck to everyone running:thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
All alarmingly real now. No escape.

REMF top.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Oo I like the REMF badge

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sun was shining today on Brighton seafront, but that strong wind can do one. I won't be happy at all if it's that windy on Sunday.

Rain, I don't mind. Cold, I don't mind. I'm not even bothered if it's warm, I think it was about 20-21c in 2011. Strong winds, however, would make me most upset.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Number 2263 - soiling myself now. Mixture of excitement and nerves. A bit like the confusion you feel as a child as you're not sure whether Santa's coming in to give you presents or to simply expose himself to you. Should I be happy or scared?

Anyway, have you all seen the live updates and the Brighton Marathon app where people can track your progress? You simply put in your surname and all your details come up. It's great as family and friends will know when you are approaching the finish: Brighton Marathon 2013

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Anyway, have you all seen the live updates and the Brighton Marathon app where people can track your progress? You simply put in your surname and all your details come up. It's great as family and friends will know when you are approaching the finish: Brighton Marathon 2013

Brilliant! The whole world can see just how slow I am :lolol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Incidentally, the crowds by the finish line make it quite difficult to get a mobile phone response, so if they do want to check when you're getting near, they might want to do it at a point further away from Madeira Drive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here