Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official Brighton Marathon 2013 thread

the slow norris

Feb 8, 2005
Suffolk
No.

Anyone who has ever been due money from me/NSC will testify that these things don't happen quickly.

I was expecting a few more responses, and I'd do them at the same time. There's only been 2 so far.

As driver8 said, if you're feeling generous, I'm running the London marathon in aid of the martlets hospice ( I didn't go to Middlesbrough, and I haven't been to me)

Www.virginmoneygiving.com/charliedavies

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thats a HUGE amount raised, well done Edna! Cant believe that with all that money on you you didnt actually win the race! :clap:

If anyone has any spare monies I know that Kirsty would love to get to a mere £1k, sitting around £750 at the moment, and she got in a 4'02"33 so great effort.
Kirsty Burroughs is fundraising for Robert Eaton Memorial Fund

And not forgetting all the other REMF runners and riders who also committed themselves to 26.2 miles of effort
Robert Eaton Memorial Fund

Well done runners, well done REMF.

Kirsty made the Argus supplement today, does she know that?

Page 35, photo reference LF140413C32. :thumbsup:

Kirsty made the Argus supplement today, does she know that?

Page 35, photo reference LF140413C32. :thumbsup:

She got bombarded by loads of people letting her know and saying well etc. very few of those people actually put their hands in their pockets but happily shelled out 65p for the Argus!! And even fewer of them come on here so they can have one of these :wanker: !!

Again, well done, cracking effort.

HCQ

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
As driver8 said, if you're feeling generous, I'm running the London marathon in aid of the martlets hospice ( I didn't go to Middlesbrough, and I haven't been to me)

Www.virginmoneygiving.com/charliedavies

Likewise if you're still feeling generous, I'm doing the London Marathon for a charity (HEAL Project) that helps those with HIV/AIDs in Zambia - Caroline Sturtridge is fundraising for Heal Project
Well done to all who completed Brighton, and Good Luck to all those doing London this Sunday!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I might enter again for 2014 now...how quickly we forget the pain :D

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yeah, do it Edna. My legs are fine now, and I'm looking forward to running tomorrow morning.

After swearing I'd nver do it again on the finish line, 48 hours later I handed over my 50 quid. It's pretty addictive innit?

cpfc remf captain

Jul 6, 2003
I did spot CPFC REMF Captain as he made his way away from the power station and I was running towards it.

I called out "Kev!", and then when he turned round to look, I shouted "Three nil!" in his direction, and ran off, cackling to myself.

In hindsight, that was a bit unsporting of me, wasn't it? Sorry, Kev...good time by the way :lolol:

But who is laughing now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here