Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official bed wetting thread for the 2015/16 season

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think am beginning to feel the need to wet the bed. It is only paper talk from the Argus but we are considering whether we want to bid for Halford who has been released by Forest. Other Championship clubs are also interested. Can someone explain why we aren't actually making a bid now? I expect the excuse is that we are trying for someone better and will miss out because Halford will not be willing to wait until a week or so into the season when our original target signs for someone else as well.

Why would we be weighing up a bid? We know him, Hughton knows him, why the indecision?

Can a licker please assure me that we definitely aren't going to go down the same route we did with Ward last season?

I'm not even that big a fan of Halford either, but alarm bells are starting to TINKLE.

This is a great post. Either we want him, in which case, make a bid, or we don't, in which case, bid for someone else. Why wait? We know the player inside and out. Other club's are already starting to make moves. As usual, we appear to be sluggish... still no doubt some arrogant liucker will tell us to be patient. Oh, hang on, a few of them already have.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I think am beginning to feel the need to wet the bed. It is only paper talk from the Argus but we are considering whether we want to bid for Halford who has been released by Forest. Other Championship clubs are also interested. Can someone explain why we aren't actually making a bid now? I expect the excuse is that we are trying for someone better and will miss out because Halford will not be willing to wait until a week or so into the season when our original target signs for someone else as well.

Why would we be weighing up a bid? We know him, Hughton knows him, why the indecision?

Can a licker please assure me that we definitely aren't going to go down the same route we did with Ward last season?

I'm not even that big a fan of Halford either, but alarm bells are starting to TINKLE.

No quotes from anyone at the club and quotes from Halford himself from March. Can I suggest that the Argus knows as much about the clubs transfer dealings as we do?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Perhaps the Lickers should be renamed Humble Pie Eaters after their repeated calls for patience in the summer were proved to be totally and utterly wrong? But I guess their egos won't allow it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No quotes from anyone at the club and quotes from Halford himself from March. Can I suggest that the Argus knows as much about the clubs transfer dealings as we do?

Agreed but if you look back to last year, much the same was going on with Ward and look how that ended up. The Argus just stated what they understood, it turns out they were quite right we waited and we waited and we waited and we got our man who then got a better offer whilst on his way to sign for us. Ward would have made a big difference last season imo but our prevaricating meant we lost him. Now I don't give a shit whether we sing Halford but it APPEARS that we may well be dragging our feet again as the Argus report what they have heard.

In fact I'd rather we didn't sign Halford, I'd like us to aim higher so we either want him or we don't surely? What's the weighing up a bid all about?

Just saying :shrug:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Agreed but if you look back to last year, much the same was going on with Ward and look how that ended up. The Argus just stated what they understood, it turns out they were quite right we waited and we waited and we waited and we got our man who then got a better offer whilst on his way to sign for us. Ward would have made a big difference last season imo but our prevaricating meant we lost him. Now I don't give a shit whether we sing Halford but it APPEARS that we may well be dragging our feet again as the Argus report what they have heard.

In fact I'd rather we didn't sign Halford, I'd like us to aim higher so we either want him or we don't surely? What's the weighing up a bid all about?

Just saying :shrug:

The weighing up bit comes from the Argus editorial staff. I think you would have more cause for concern if that had come from the club, but it hasn't. It is just the Argus filling page space with Albion "news" as they have none. Have you read their article on replacing Tex? That is even worse!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The weighing up bit comes from the Argus editorial staff. I think you would have more cause for concern if that had come from the club, but it hasn't. It is just the Argus filling page space with Albion "news" as they have none. Have you read their article on replacing Tex? That is even worse!

I have, they say Tex won't be coming back. I agree, would you like a little wager?????

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The " Bedwetters " early last season were proved to be right though. It was the people who took the p out of them and got all superior who ended up looking very silly, very silly indeed as we just scraped survival with a pathetic points tally 9 seasons out of 10 who have had us relegated. Also the thread of congratulations to Burke on signing 8 new players, all of who turned out to be turd by the same superior fans always cheers me up on a bad day

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
No thanks. I was commenting on the nothingness of the article, not whether Tex will come back or not. He won't.

Fair enough. I don't have the same disdain for the Argus and Naylor as so many on here do. I think, given the very secretive nature of Bloom and Barber in regards to transfers ( that is not a dig btw), the Argus do quite well with the info they put out. If they say the club are pissing about (my interpretation) on whether or not we are going to try and sign Halford I suggest there may be some truth in it and it's not a surprise because it just seems to be, to me, the way the club do business these days shrug:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
The " Bedwetters " early last season were proved to be right though. It was the people who took the p out of them and got all superior who ended up looking very silly, very silly indeed as we just scraped survival with a pathetic points tally 9 seasons out of 10 who have had us relegated. Also the thread of congratulations to Burke on signing 8 new players, all of who turned out to be turd by the same superior fans always cheers me up on a bad day

How can a thread of positivity that turns out to be wrong, cheer you up? That's the sort of thing a fan of that other team up the road would say. Surely you don't mean that?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Fair enough. I don't have the same disdain for the Argus and Naylor as so many on here do. I think, given the very secretive nature of Bloom and Barber in regards to transfers ( that is not a dig btw) the Argus do quite well with the info they put out. If they say the club are pissing about (my interpretation) on whether or not we are going to try and sign Halford I suggest there may be some truth in it's not a surprise because it just seems to be, to me, the way the club do business these days shrug:

Yeah maybe there is, who knows. I don't have disdain for the Argus and Naylor though, it is just that those 2 articles are clearly space fillers, ones they had filed away for a no news day.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
How can a thread of positivity that turns out to be wrong, cheer you up? That's the sort of thing a fan of that other team up the road would say. Surely you don't mean that?

I know exactly what he means. Seeing people who were so arrogant ending looking like mugs a couple of months down the line IS actually quite amusing?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How long before we get the "Barber is working hard behind the scenes" quote?
That is a dreaded quote, and when we hear it we know it'll be another bad transfer window. It then gets followed up by talking about using the loan window.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I know exactly what he means. Seeing people who were so arrogant ending looking like mugs a couple of months down the line IS actually quite amusing?

It is. The lickers' arrogance then was astounding. And the same posters are arrogant enough to be doing it again this summer! It is beyond belief considering they were proved to be so wrong last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here