Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official bed wetting thread for the 2015/16 season

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Surprised this bed wetting is still a thing - surely it's the happy clappys who need burning at the stake after telling us how great the transfer business was a year ago :laugh:

I think we're called misguided optimists... Although even the most optimistic of us realised the replacing Ulloa with a carthorse, a labrador, a homesick Spaniard, Lionel Ritchie and a £1m+ "winger" could see scoring goals would be a serious issue.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So Wolves have signed Wallace, and Forest have a done deal for Ward.

Are we getting left behind by the clubs who are aiming for promotion ? ???

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I wonder if there is anything like that that can remove any mention of the term 'bedwetter'.

Don't worry, that noxious term is SOooo incredibly last season that anyone using it will be showing themselves up as a total prat - and totally uncool to boot.

It was only ever used by people who turned out to be wrong, anyway.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Don't worry, that noxious term is SOooo incredibly last season that anyone using it will be showing themselves up as a total prat - and totally uncool to boot.

It was only ever used by people who turned out to be wrong, anyway.

What will be the equivalent term this season ?

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
8.30 pm, Thursday 28 May 2015, 26 days since our season ended and not even a hint of a new signing.
My bed is gonna be ****ING wet tonight

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Hope for the best, expect the worst.

i.e. Hope for a charge for promotion, expect to scrape in above the relegation places. [emoji51][emoji106]🏻

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think am beginning to feel the need to wet the bed. It is only paper talk from the Argus but we are considering whether we want to bid for Halford who has been released by Forest. Other Championship clubs are also interested. Can someone explain why we aren't actually making a bid now? I expect the excuse is that we are trying for someone better and will miss out because Halford will not be willing to wait until a week or so into the season when our original target signs for someone else as well.

Why would we be weighing up a bid? We know him, Hughton knows him, why the indecision?

Can a licker please assure me that we definitely aren't going to go down the same route we did with Ward last season?

I'm not even that big a fan of Halford either, but alarm bells are starting to TINKLE.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
If that is a sign of intent then we look like we have already settled for midtable obscurity - I know it's only paper talk of 1 possible signing but he really is nothing special in my book and no better than what we already have.

I am looking for an early sign of intent but my bed will be dry until the end of June at least.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I have to admit, to my dismay, on waking up this morning I noticed a small damp patch on the sheets where I had been lying. What the f**k do I tell the wife???? She's not going to believe the real reason for this and I can hardly claim it was a wet dream, she will be insulted. I am between a rock and a hard place.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Is halford is a statement of intent for next season, permission to start buying some new sheets please.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I think am beginning to feel the need to wet the bed. It is only paper talk from the Argus but we are considering whether we want to bid for Halford who has been released by Forest. Other Championship clubs are also interested. Can someone explain why we aren't actually making a bid now? I expect the excuse is that we are trying for someone better and will miss out because Halford will not be willing to wait until a week or so into the season when our original target signs for someone else as well.

Why would we be weighing up a bid? We know him, Hughton knows him, why the indecision?

Can a licker please assure me that we definitely aren't going to go down the same route we did with Ward last season?

I'm not even that big a fan of Halford either, but alarm bells are starting to TINKLE.

I hope we do miss out with Halford.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The uncertainty over bidding for Halford is possibly linked to the uncertainty over selling Dunk.

But we really shouldn't be fiddling around with replacing Dunk, getting a keeper in to send Walton out on loan, or replacing COG until we have sorted out most of the other 6 signings we already need before we ship anyone out.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
I think am beginning to feel the need to wet the bed. It is only paper talk from the Argus but we are considering whether we want to bid for Halford who has been released by Forest. Other Championship clubs are also interested. Can someone explain why we aren't actually making a bid now?

How do you know we haven't made a bid? The club (and Halfords agent) aren't going to confirm or deny anything until pen goes to paper. Anything else before that is just rumour and speculation.

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
When the **** are we going to sign somebody for the 2015/16 season. Time is ticking. What is our club playing at?

Barber out!

Chill son! Give the club a break, they're on their undeserved holidays! Last game of the season hasn't even kicked off yet and we're complaining already, this is gonna be a long summer! :facepalm:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I want to instigate a new level of panic. Bed wetting was so last year...

Can I introduce the running around screaming and waving your hands around like your head is on fire brigade? Not quite as catchy I know. But I feel it better reflects how I'm feeling about our chances of building a competitive team this close season.

*queue article on official site outlining how Hughton is looking forward to working with the existing squad/having injured players back is like new signings/Albion UTurn on CMS etc*.....

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Surprised this bed wetting is still a thing - surely it's the happy clappys who need burning at the stake after telling us how great the transfer business was a year ago :laugh:

So true LI, so true...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think we're called misguided optimists... Although even the most optimistic of us realised the replacing Ulloa with a carthorse, a labrador, a homesick Spaniard, Lionel Ritchie and a £1m+ "winger" could see scoring goals would be a serious issue.

I thought the term was lickers!?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So Wolves have signed Wallace, and Forest have a done deal for Ward.

Are we getting left behind by the clubs who are aiming for promotion ? ???

Careful, you'll receive a CJ attack for pointing out facts like this...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here