Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Official" Albion Fan Advisory Board thread

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Welcome to the "Official" Brighton & Hove Albion - Fan Advisory Board - North Stand Chat thread.

The idea of this thread is for it to be the place where members of the FAB update the great and the good of NSC with what the FAB are up to and for fans to contribute their ideas and comments. It is intended to replace the other thread, which will no longer be monitored.

You can read elsewhere who the current members of the FAB are? and what has happened since the summer of 2022 when the first FAB was formed. For example there's the FAB's own website Brighton & Hove Albion Fan Advisory Board and the FAB page on the club website Brighton & Hove Albion (brightonandhovealbion.com) where you can also see the minutes of all the meetings since 2022.

The terms and conditions under which the FAB operate include all aspects of what happens at Brighton & Hove Albion except anything related to what goes on on the pitch itself. This means we have nothing to say about the team, individual players, referees or VAR.

We are sometimes entrusted with confidential information, and to maintain the trust of the club and the integrity of the FAB we will not divulge such detail here or anywhere else.

We are concerned with all aspects of your matchday experience. This means everything that affects your day whether you are travelling to The Amex or to see the Women at Crawley, whether young or old, or suffering from a disability be that visible or otherwise. We discuss topics including travel, catering and your safety in and around the stadium.

We are not some sort of appeals panel, but we can make representations on behalf of groups of fans but not individuals. Individual issues should always be addressed to Supporter Services, either by phone or email SupporterServices@brightonandhovealbion.com

We always try and challenge the club respectfully, whilst recognising that they are trying to maintain a high Premier League position and, despite what some people think, there are not limitless funds and they are trying to generate revenue to help with their objectives. And bear in mind there is very rarely a single opinion shared by everyone, so it maybe that the position taken by the club or the FAB may well differ, and one or other might not match yours.

This will not be the only communication channel of course ( we also have twitter [x] @FanBoardBHAFC , the website and other informal face to face comms) but we do aim to post here our weekly meeting notes. If we don't have a meeting there will be some sort of update. All members of the FAB can potentially post, so it will be better to add to the thread rather than send a PM. FAB members posting here will identify themselves in the post.

If you want to send a message to the FAB without posting here, perhaps because it is confidential, you can do so by sending an email to Fan AdvisoryBoard@brightonandhovealbion.com

Thanks for your interest in the FAB, and please remember the FAB members are just Albion fans who put their hands up when asked, to try and make following The Albion even more amazing than it already is.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
As I'm sure you're aware there have been some ticketing issues this week, which need to be put to the club:

1) Users were able to put tickets in basket ahead of sale time, and purchase afterwards. Club used to block this. Why the change?
2) Incorrect on-sale dates published - tier advertised as 2pm, but went on sale at 9am (I think?)
3) Palace and Arsenal away put on sale at exactly the same time - why?

(PS I would suggest that a 1pm sale time would be more convenient for most fans.)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As I'm sure you're aware there have been some ticketing issues this week, which need to be put to the club:

1) Users were able to put tickets in basket ahead of sale time, and purchase afterwards. Club used to block this. Why the change?
2) Incorrect on-sale dates published - tier advertised as 2pm, but went on sale at 9am (I think?)
3) Palace and Arsenal away put on sale at exactly the same time - why?

(PS I would suggest that a 1pm sale time would be more convenient for most fans.)
2 was obviously an admin error and was corrected? It happens…..
3 - why not ? It doesn’t really matter does it ? It was only for T1 and there’s plenty of time to get tickets. Also, going on sale at the same time meant you could get what you wanted with one transaction rather than two.

1 is the big deal atm - they have to clear baskets before a new tier opens.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Can they ask the caterers to introduce a queueing system for the serving booths?
People queue straight outwards and are blocking people trying to make their way along the concourses.
It wasn’t too much of a problem in the North or on the odd occasion that I have been in the WSL as the concourses are that much wider, but after recently changing my ST to the WSU, where the concourses are narrower it is a right pain.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Can we have more self service beer machines wsu

2 currently up there really help and a few more would drastically help with the queues

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Back to away ticket sales. As someone in the very top LP tier and requiring to sit at away games so buy within the first few minutes of on sale time, why am I only offered the worst blocks. The better seats come online a few days later at no particular time. Chelsea for instance was always going to sell out but the upper blocks weren't available straight away.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
2 was obviously an admin error and was corrected? It happens…..
3 - why not ? It doesn’t really matter does it ? It was only for T1 and there’s plenty of time to get tickets. Also, going on sale at the same time meant you could get what you wanted with one transaction rather than two.

3) It very much matters if you're in tier two and rushing to get tickets.... especially when 2) someone makes a crap admin error.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
IMG_2820.png

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
One thing I’d like to say is can we keep taking max allocation at away games when we have the chance. Yes Everton had 200 odd tickets left but 800 of the extra sold. Last season we did a few (Wolves etc) where we didn’t take the full as worried about paying for leftover tickets - the more the better even if it costs the club a fairly insignificant sum of £s for one’s left over. Thanks.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I'm tempted to ask why people get so wound up about this, given I expect the majority of people at the Amex don't know most of the words.

But I'm much more bothered by Homer and Mr Burns being in the first image when neither of them were in this scene.
:angry::angry::rant::angry::angry::rant::rant::angry:
If people are getting “wound up” by this (although I’m sure “wound up” is a bit strong)
It goes to show where their Albion mojo is at present.
Pre match is generally a bit shite in my opinion, I’m a borderline pensioner but bloody ell, some of the music, my granny would have liked.Hey Jude was a great song in 1967 but to blast it out especially when we’re playing Liverpool, it’s just jank. We’ve got plenty of local bands to raise the roof not to mention the evergreen FBS.

Anyhoo, in answer to your second comment, yes I am equally bothered about that Homer/Mr Burns scene

Last edited:

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
The words on screen can only increase and not decrease participation in the song. A good thing for sure :shrug:
Ok, on that basis then I’ll suggest it for every song next time a thread comes up about how shite the atmosphere is or how quiet the North Stand were today etc.

I’ll probably need a tin hat though

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Can they ask the caterers to introduce a queueing system for the serving booths?
People queue straight outwards and are blocking people trying to make their way along the concourses.
It wasn’t too much of a problem in the North or on the odd occasion that I have been in the WSL as the concourses are that much wider, but after recently changing my ST to the WSU, where the concourses are narrower it is a right pain.
The first kiosk (North end) is a very bad design fault, i very rarely go onto the concourse before the match and at half time. Probably the worst part of the WSU.
Doesn’t help having a tv screen in that area, as fans stand around watching in the same area of the queues and fans trying to make their way through the concourse from the stairs.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here