Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Official" Albion Fan Advisory Board thread

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The first kiosk is a very bad design fault, i very rarely go onto the concourse before the match and at half time. Probably the worst part of the WSU.
Doesn’t help having a tv screen in that area, as fans stand around watching in the same area of the queues and fans trying to make their way through the concourse from the stairs.
I often get a little annoyed that the WSU is the worst concourse I’ve been on in the ground (and now done everywhere except away end) with terrible queue logistics and poor comparable choice of food, when there are so many Goldstone and Withdean fans there who kept going in the club’s darkest hours of need.

Then I look at the layout and height and understand that’s pretty much how it HAS to be.

Ultimately, we chose to go up there.

Nicks

Back to away ticket sales. As someone in the very top LP tier and requiring to sit at away games so buy within the first few minutes of on sale time, why am I only offered the worst blocks. The better seats come online a few days later at no particular time. Chelsea for instance was always going to sell out but the upper blocks weren't available straight away.
Upper Block was available on first day as I got tickets in there.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
I know that Paul Barber has deflected questions about transport to and from the ground in the past. However, it has become the biggest difficulty about match day for many ( probably most ) people. It would be nice to know if the club acknowledge that and if there are any possible improvements being pursued. There are lots and lots of ideas on various threads on here.

Also, seriously, it would be well worth Paul Barber travelling to a game or two by P&R or train just to get a sense of why this is an issue to fans. ( I wouldn't be at all surprised if Tony Bloom would also be well up for this.) Hopefully it will piss down on the day he chooses........

This is mainly important because of the match day experience but surely the club and players would also prefer that the stands remain as full as possible until the end og games.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Speak for yourself.

Nothing wrong with a 9am sale time. I'm ready and given the rate that tickets are sold in the first 15 minutes a lot of other people are ready also.

They're ready at 9am because they they have to be. Many folk would have just arrived at work, be travelling, be in a lecture etc.

But anyway, it's a side issue.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Can they ask the caterers to introduce a queueing system for the serving booths?
People queue straight outwards and are blocking people trying to make their way along the concourses.
It wasn’t too much of a problem in the North or on the odd occasion that I have been in the WSL as the concourses are that much wider, but after recently changing my ST to the WSU, where the concourses are narrower it is a right pain.
totally agree , nightmare especially when you come up the steps near block A.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
improve the toilets in WSU, 6 sinks in the wrong place at the moment and 4 dryers again wrong place. too many NOT washing their hands.... Probably need more seated areas and more urinals . 4 deep at half time is really not healthy.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I often get a little annoyed that the WSU is the worst concourse I’ve been on in the ground (and now done everywhere except away end) with terrible queue logistics and poor comparable choice of food, when there are so many Goldstone and Withdean fans there who kept going in the club’s darkest hours of need.

Then I look at the layout and height and understand that’s pretty much how it HAS to be.

away end is fine better than WSU for available space

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
With regards to atmosphere, I personally think we just don't have enough people willing to sing on a regular basis, only if the team are winning or a big game.
Atmosphere if often generated by the game, circumstances, opposition etc and can't be forced, we haven't got the fan base to have non stop singing from a whole stand. Sorry, I wish we did as I for one sing along week in week out and try to encourage it

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

The middle of the concourse isn’t too bad as there is more space to queue, or get past the back of the queues if I’ve come up the steps at the South end.
I was in the upper tier at MK Dons when we took 7k there, the stadium also built by Buckingham and had a really good concourse layout, 100 times better than the WSU.

Jul 7, 2003
The first kiosk (North end) is a very bad design fault, i very rarely go onto the concourse before the match and at half time. Probably the worst part of the WSU.
Doesn’t help having a tv screen in that area, as fans stand around watching in the same area of the queues and fans trying to make their way through the concourse from the stairs.
This was raised a few seasons ago and they stopped showing games on the screen nearest the top of the stairs which did ease the flow. Not sure why they started again but it created an easily avoidable bottleneck.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
This was raised a few seasons ago and they stopped showing games on the screen nearest the top of the stairs which did ease the flow. Not sure why they started again but it created an easily avoidable bottleneck.
I mentioned the screen causing a bottleneck on a thread before, maybe 2019 and it was gone at the next game.
There also used to be a programme seller and someone selling lucky number type tickets in the first few seasons.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I know that Paul Barber has deflected questions about transport to and from the ground in the past. However, it has become the biggest difficulty about match day for many ( probably most ) people. It would be nice to know if the club acknowledge that and if there are any possible improvements being pursued. There are lots and lots of ideas on various threads on here.

Also, seriously, it would be well worth Paul Barber travelling to a game or two by P&R or train just to get a sense of why this is an issue to fans. ( I wouldn't be at all surprised if Tony Bloom would also be well up for this.) Hopefully it will piss down on the day he chooses........

This is mainly important because of the match day experience but surely the club and players would also prefer that the stands remain as full as possible until the end og games.
Agree Would at least like to think PB is aware of problems and discussions take place It is just not good enough for PB to say trains and buses are not there remit. Surely for large sumns they pay for train service a contract was signed with them offering a minimal standard for each game. Ridiculous to say nothing to do with buses. Club must be 100% in charge of P&R and again should expect minimum standard service. With no Mithras house ( They said this would be replaced) or bendy buses the service is now worse.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023

Agreed, transport is the one and only gripe for me. Everything else is trivial. I wish I could still buy toffees and sherbert lemons at half time. Bottle tops, blah. I'll survive.

The root of my pissed-offness is not even the transport issue itself, but the total silence from the club to acknowledge that transport away from the Amex is a major problem that has a negative impact on the 'fan experience'. I want them to be making statements, requesting information, inviting suggestions, updating the fans on discussions they are having, whatever. Just don't freakin' ignore us and pretend that this crisis doesn't exist.

I seem to remember about a year or 18 months ago, receiving a questionnaire about transport which I dutifully completed, and made a number of suggestions. I didn't get an acknowledgement, and I've never been given any follow-up whatsoever. It was as if the survey was a check-in-the-box annual objective for some underling at the Amex. And the objective would have been to issue the survey and be seen to be consulting the fans and NOT TO ACTUALLY HELP RESOLVE THE ISSUE.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
1) I concur that it’s ridiculous that tier 1 people can put tickets in their basket for tier 2 people pre the sale time.
2) I concur that it’s unfair that tier 1 often (not always) get given the crap blocks first. If the club have to sell block by block sell the best block first where possible. I know the club will say they do what the away team tell them but there has clearly been instances where this is non sensical.
3) bin fanzone. It has almost zero engagement, has been going for 12(?) years now and is old hat. Only good thing about the who prescribed build up is we don’t have to suffer this.
4) stop with the Mick Small birthday announcement joke. How many seasons now? Odd.
5) well done on everything else you do. It’s great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here