Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2022/23 Edition

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Whitehawk fan I know who was at the match said it’s the worst any away fans have been at Whitehawk and that includes against Wealdstone when there was widespread fighting
It's all a bit claim and counter-claim at the moment. LA claiming that one of their comittee members had a glass thrown at him by a home fan and that home supporters entered the field of play to confront the away fans! Doubt we've heard the last of this....

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
I know Littlehampton have a bit of a reputation for getting excited but it would not surprise me if this is nothing to do with them at all.
As people have mentioned Whitehawk 'fans' getting involved too, I think we are more looking at two groups with no link to either team.
St. George's Day, a certain club on London Road or its associates and social media.
Am surprised it took so long to be honest.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I know Littlehampton have a bit of a reputation for getting excited but it would not surprise me if this is nothing to do with them at all.
As people have mentioned Whitehawk 'fans' getting involved too, I think we are more looking at two groups with no link to either team.
St. George's Day, a certain club on London Road or its associates and social media.
Littlehampton have a wannabe hooligan group that I imagine are not really wanted by proper supporters of the club, many posts on this forum’s non league thread last season about their behaviour.
Newhaven had a cup final with Littlehampton at the end of last season that was supposed to be played at Hassocks FC, the week before LH played another cup game at Hassocks and let off fireworks and flares.
The cup final against NH had to be rearranged because Hassocks didn’t want the LH fans back there. The final was played at Horsham FC on a Sunday morning, police and bouncer type stewards were present, the bar was closed and everyone got searched going into the ground. There was also a pyro and alcohol amnesty bin outside the ground.

Not sure what the last two lines of your post mean.

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
Littlehampton have a wannabe hooligan group that I imagine are not really wanted by proper supporters of the club, many posts on this forum’s non league thread last season about their behaviour.
Newhaven had a cup final with Littlehampton at the end of last season that was supposed to be played at Hassocks FC, the week before LH played another cup game at Hassocks and let off fireworks and flares.
The cup final against NH had to be rearranged because Hassocks didn’t want the LH fans back there. The final was played at Horsham FC on a Sunday morning, police and bouncer type stewards were present, the bar was closed and everyone got searched going into the ground. There was also a pyro and alcohol amnesty bin outside the ground.

I am fully aware of Littlehampton fans behaviour and reputation.
I don't think this incident has anything to do with either club, more a convenient meeting point.
Like I say, am surprised it took this long.
My last two sentences is basically Left v Right.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I am fully aware of Littlehampton fans behaviour and reputation.
I don't think this incident has anything to do with either club, more a convenient meeting point.
Like I say, am surprised it took this long.
My last two sentences is basically Left v Right.
So you think the usual rowdy LH fans with flares and fireworks stayed at home yesterday and a far right group showed up instead also with flares and fireworks. ???
Only real fans of LH at match would know the truth.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe

Absolute load of nonsense. I was at the game yesterday. The problem was caused by about 20 idiotic, mainly youngsters wearing Littlehampton scarves. It’s exactly the same behavior that they have done at several other games. Sadly, a handful of idiots that were Whitehawk ‘fans’ took the bait. This had absolutely nothing to do with politics.

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
So you think the usual rowdy LH fans with flares and fireworks stayed at home yesterday and a far right group showed up instead also with flares and fireworks. ???
Only real fans of LH at match would know the truth.
Yes, that is exactly what I said, pretty much word for word. . Good grief! If you wish to continue this discussion, you know how to do it privately. Let's not derail a fantastic thread about non league football.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yes, that is exactly what I said, pretty much word for word. . Good grief! If you wish to continue this discussion, you know how to do it privately. Let's not derail a fantastic thread about non league football.
No need to get touchy :shrug: Just saying it seems odd.
But I see you have another reply above from someone at the match.

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
Absolute load of nonsense. I was at the game yesterday. The problem was caused by about 20 idiotic, mainly youngsters wearing Littlehampton scarves. It’s exactly the same behavior that they have done at several other games. Sadly, a handful of idiots that were Whitehawk ‘fans’ took the bait. This had absolutely nothing to do with politics.
Correct, it has nothing to do with politics. Am pretty sure, despite the reputation, Littlehampton fans don't go on destroying sprees, if what Whitehawk are saying is true. And as said previously, let's keep this thread civilised. If you wish to carry on the discussion and my reasons behind my thoughts you know how to.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Littlehampton have a fair few Brighton fans currently banned in their ‘support’. Doesn’t help that their chairman is a bit of a Parrish and encourages it, even saw him claim ‘stewarding & policing is your responsibility don’t blame the fans’ 🙄

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Correct, it has nothing to do with politics. Am pretty sure, despite the reputation, Littlehampton fans don't go on destroying sprees, if what Whitehawk are saying is true. And as said previously, let's keep this thread civilised. If you wish to carry on the discussion and my reasons behind my thoughts you know how to.
You can’t come on the thread suggesting that the far right have infiltrated Littlehampton‘s support and then when anyone questions that say let’s keep the thread on track. Littlehampton have kids who support them who take it too far EVERY single time, and act like they’ve never been let out the house, as well as some 50 Y/O knuckle draggers who instigate a lot. That video of people absolutely off their heads on gear earlier in the season at an LA game was bizarre. To suggest that political factions are warring at Sussex Non-League is a reach at best. There’s no basis to it being about politics which has been disputed by people at the game. Littlehampton fans can be stupid at the best of times, but I don’t think they are a faction of the EDL.

This reminds me why I actively avoid Litttlehampton games when ground hopping this season, because some of their fans are completely brain dead. If Homophobic chanting is found to be true, it’s probably time for Littlehampton to make some kind of statement about their fans because you can’t go around being discriminatory. Other clubs have managed to get a grip of people who just turn up for trouble (for example Worthing) where as Littlehampton each incident seems to be worse than the last and nothing gets done. Disappointing to see LA’s vice chairman claiming it’s not their fault because both fans were involved, it seems to me they just don’t care sometimes, but there lots of good people around the club, they just need to get a grip of some of the idiots.

Last edited:

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho

This, word for word (including the last line)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Ref: Whitehawk v Littlehampton

I was at the game, and the Littlehampton youth arrived loud and brash, nothing wrong with that, they did seem pissed up already and there did seem to be a handful of 40/50+ year olds instigating the caveman approach, they arrived chatted with the stewards who I heard telling a few of them, you go behind the goal your attacking and at half time swap ends.
Kick off and the LA fans go behind the goal and sure enough score pretty quickly and their "fans" set off a flare that seems to catch fire to the roof, see my photo I attached earlier in the thread, stewards go in after it seems to burn its self out, glasses were thrown and from what I saw LA fans pushed or punched one of the stewards who took a tumble, it seemed to calm down after that for a while and the police turned up.
The homophobic songs continued throughout, just before half time, I went to the club house to get another pint and as I sat back down the club announced that the bar would be closed as of now and that fans would not be allowed to swap ends.

At half time the Whitehawk vocal element came and sat around the half way area, they sang some songs such as we say no to racism, and homophobia etc. To suggest it was right wing v left is a big stretch of the imagination, the Whitehawk "ultras" never confronted the LA lads, at all.
A few locals gathered near the club house, but it was all bravado, I have seen far worse following the Albion.

I can't comment on the clubhouse and the smoke thing, fireworks or whatever as i was too busy looking at my phone and keeping tabs on the Albion.

For what it is worth my opinion on the LA fans was that yes they came looking for trouble, but they were young and the older blokes with them, should really know better, they seemed to be reliving their glory days (if they had any that is). All quite sad really.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

Agree with this, my issue is for example at the Hassocks game. They let some smoke bombs off (I personally don’t think these are that bad, especially at Non League in the open air, but understand why others have issues and their dangers), and it looked good, it was in my opinion the best picture at football I took all season. All was fine until for some odd reason a Littlehampton fan threw the flare at the Hassocks Keeper. There’s one idiot who always takes it too far, and likely the club know who these individuals are but they never do anything about them. I went to Three Bridges v Worthing during lockdown and someone threw a lighter at the TB keeper, and I’m now told that the club spent months after that banning them from home games and telling away clubs not to let them in, so it’s doable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here