Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2022/23 Edition

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Crowborough 4-0 Steyning

Was as comprehensive as it sounds barring the lightning quick first 10 minutes where Steyning had a lot of the ball in the Crowborough half without creating anything it was pretty much one way traffic and could have been a lot more.

4 cracking goals watched by a decent ~250 crowd.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Off to Merstham tonight, had a weekend off football for a stag do in Krakow, where I did despite my best efforts not manage to find any Non-League football.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Crowborough 4-0 Steyning

Was as comprehensive as it sounds barring the lightning quick first 10 minutes where Steyning had a lot of the ball in the Crowborough half without creating anything it was pretty much one way traffic and could have been a lot more.

4 cracking goals watched by a decent ~250 crowd.

Yes - pretty much what I heard. The Steyning afternoon probably summed up by that free kick......... Good highlights. The Crows putting together a good run.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Yes - pretty much what I heard. The Steyning afternoon probably summed up by that free kick......... Good highlights. The Crows putting together a good run.
It's a young lad who puts the videos together. He's the son of a couple of committee members and I would guess 11 or 12 years old. He goes pretty much every week. Great to see a youngster so passionate about non league local football.

And yes, we have a decent settled side which wasn't the case for a long time. You turn up and each week they'd be a name you'd never heard of (although that did happen Saturday as we had a new keeper who was on loan from Tonbridge but that was needs must after our regular keeper was injured and the reserve keep was away).

Getting some decent crowds as well (nearly 700 "Boxing Day" and 250 on Saturday).

Think it was just one of those days for your lot where nothing ran for you but it did for Crowborough. Summed up by the 3rd goal the cross holds up perfectly in the mud for Lucas running on to it (although he does look offside on the video - didn't at the time from my vantage point).

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Terrible week for Tunbridge Wells FC.

A supporter of theirs was knocked down by a van leaving the game on Saturday and has sadly passed away. Last night their clubhouse went up in flames.

Absolutely awful, l really feel for them. One wonders how the club go from here.

I'm sure the first catastrophe was an accident, but the second?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
If you’re doing a spot of GroundHopping and haven’t before, I’d strongly recommend a summers game at Arundel. Just excellent

Got the mighty Epsom & Ewell there tomorrow.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
hmmm, I fancy a game tomorrow, suddenly my Saturday is free, too late to get a ticket for the Albion.

The weather is supposed to be fair in the afternoon, might tootle down to Whitehawk v LA

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
hmmm, I fancy a game tomorrow, suddenly my Saturday is free, too late to get a ticket for the Albion.

The weather is supposed to be fair in the afternoon, might tootle down to Whitehawk v LA
Good team this season the Hawks, also give the samosas a go £2 for 4. The sauce selection is also second to none.

Attachments

• 45542F25-B715-4813-8F2A-2EC42A691F31.jpeg
    45542F25-B715-4813-8F2A-2EC42A691F31.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 35

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Quite a few tickets available for Liverpool tomorrow, most areas of the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here