Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2022/23 Edition

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
hmmm, I fancy a game tomorrow, suddenly my Saturday is free, too late to get a ticket for the Albion.

The weather is supposed to be fair in the afternoon, might tootle down to Whitehawk v LA
I'm selfishly hoping this gets rained off so that I might be able to go to any rearranged match! It was one of the first fixtures I looked for when LA got promoted, but I'm not missing the Liverpool game for it.... If it goes ahead, I would expect The Hawks to win fairly comfortably. They're on a bit of a roll at the moment and, I think, have bolstered their squad recently. LA, by contrast, have been very inconsistent. They were poor when losing at Lancing and were lucky the game against Faversham was abandoned as they were heading for defeat. The 5-1 win against Corinthian on Tuesday was extremely flattering, and they will be missing quite a few players tomorrow through injury and suspension. Still, they've made a decent fist of things considering it's their first ever season at this level. And the 'troublesome' element amongst the fanbase seem to have melted away which, on balance, is probably a good thing (even if the atmosphere suffers for it).

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
A.F.C. Varndeanians v Uckfield
Newhaven v Lingfield
Worthing Town v Copthorne

Seem to be the only 3 survivors today - at County level that is.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
All kicked off at Whitehawk Littlehampton with someone setting pyro off in the bar, pitch invasions, LA guys throwing fireworks around and breaking furniture. Police got called and arrested someone.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
All kicked off at Whitehawk Littlehampton with someone setting pyro off in the bar, pitch invasions, LA guys throwing fireworks around and breaking furniture. Police got called and arrested someone.
Yep, indeed, sad chavs to be honest about 30 odd 18/25 year olds with about 5, 50+ year olds acting like dickeads.
homophobic songs, all very Neanderthal…

Attachments

• B28E3FD5-37F1-4EF5-91BB-F207FAABC1DF.jpeg
    B28E3FD5-37F1-4EF5-91BB-F207FAABC1DF.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 61

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Regulation win for Rooks against a relatively dogged but limited Corinthians side. Got lucky with a generous penalty decision. Playoffs looking tempting.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Yep, sounds like I spoke too soon about the troublemakers having given up on following LA. Clearly this was a game they identified as a 'big day out'. Obviously wasn't there, so will await further reports which, so far, have varied from 'total disgrace' via home supporter tweets to 'achingly self righteous nonsense from the home support', according to someone I know who goes to all the LA games and is most defintely not a trouble maker. Great win by the Golds, whatever happened in the crowd.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Know a Whitehawk fan who reckons there was quite a few pint glasses lobbed at him and his mate.

Worthing beat Eastbourne too, play-offs a real possibility.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Wow, that is quite the sermon! I don't doubt there was misbehaviour, but that makes it sound like some kind of military invasion. I'll reserve judgement until I've spoken to those who were present.
Whitehawk fan I know who was at the match said it’s the worst any away fans have been at Whitehawk and that includes against Wealdstone when there was widespread fighting

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yep, sounds like I spoke too soon about the troublemakers having given up on following LA. Clearly this was a game they identified as a 'big day out'. Obviously wasn't there, so will await further reports which, so far, have varied from 'total disgrace' via home supporter tweets to 'achingly self righteous nonsense from the home support', according to someone I know who goes to all the LA games and is most defintely not a trouble maker. Great win by the Golds, whatever happened in the crowd.
This amused me a little, I used to live around there so could have been a normal day :smile:

Disappointed to not see any photos taken by her though :moo:

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
I was at the Whitehawk v Littlehampton game. It was pretty grim off the pitch. The Whitehawk fans (a few of them) weren’t faultless but most of the trouble was from Littlehampton. Flares in the stand, toilets, clubhouse and on the pitch. Homophobic chanting for the whole 90 minutes.

Whitehawk have done so much to shed their stereotypical image. I’m sure the good people at the club are gutted tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here