Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The next to break through?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Obviously there is Hinsh and Moran, as well as Peupion and Offiah who I think could sadly fall just short of a real breakthrough.

Gonna be really hipster and pick out two I’ve watched for the 21s. Ruari McConville and Ben Jackson have looked very decent when I’ve seen them. Good strong ball playing CBs. I also fancy Mark O’Mahony to make a decent attempt at the first team, he is about the same age as Evan but has all the same characteristics in the games I’ve seen so far, he scores goals.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I’m confident Ayari and Buonanatte will come good, but it’s going to be harder for them to get the minutes.

Moran is starting to look like another one who’s going to end up in the Championship to begin with.

Adingra looks the real deal - can honestly see him displacing Mitoma or March out the starting 11.

A number of the ones out on loan to league 1 etc are highly regarded but will they kick on?

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Buonanotte and Verbruggen.

The former has just turned 18 remember so in time with experience and strengthening up I think could be a major figure.

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
Moran and Sarmiento.

I hope Bounanoutte either goes out on loan or gets more minutes as his ceiling is high. I don’t think he’ll get either though, we have more competition in all the positions he plays and I’m not sure his style fits into DeZerbi ball very well. Last season RDZ played him out wide out of necessity and he’s wasted there. Best he gets loaned out but we’ll inevitability keep him for our increased fixture schedule. I feel for him, he’s in a worse position than last year IMO. Having said that maybe his qualities will shine through in the games he plays and gets a decent run of games.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
You don't fancy Peupion and Moran then?

Both of these guys have an excellent chance of making the step up in my opinion.
I fancy a lot of them to contribute. Unquestionably. Clearly Hinsh. Samuels has something about him. But I'm not seeing a Ferguson, Adingra, Mitoma, Moises, Enciso coming through in the next year or two. ie someone causing a load of top 6 linked Twitter mayhem- and on the whole they're ones we've signed anyway.
Isn't really an issue as our young talent is insane and the club always pull out some random signing of the next superstar.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Ed Turns

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Adingra has already shown his potential. I think Ayari could be a slow burner, but could be the dog's bits and bobs. Buononotte is also about to emerge. The time he had in the first team last season will have helped him.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I'm not a huge social media follower - but thanks to NSC even I was aware of Caicedo and MacAllister when they were on loans etc, and waiting to break through here. But - who are we talking about next? Who will be the next 'cheap buy makes good'?

I'm not counting Ferguson / Enciso and so on - they are already here and loudly talked about. They are last year's crop. And I'm not talking about players like Pedro that we have paid a lot for. and was already 'known'.

Who is that we are quietly nurturing and is going to appear in 2024 and make everyone say 'bloody Brighton - they've done it again?'
As others have said the obvious one is Adrian Mazilu, he’s likely the long term replacement for March and may come in next season.

The other is Kacper Kozlowski, he’s hasn’t pulled up trees on loan but neither did Caicedo in Belgium and Kozlowski is so highly rated.

Rushworth as goalkeeper will be in and around the sqaud next year I suspect. Third choice or maybe oust Steele and be the cup keeper.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Obviously there is Hinsh and Moran, as well as Peupion and Offiah who I think could sadly fall just short of a real breakthrough.

Gonna be really hipster and pick out two I’ve watched for the 21s. Ruari McConville and Ben Jackson have looked very decent when I’ve seen them. Good strong ball playing CBs. I also fancy Mark O’Mahony to make a decent attempt at the first team, he is about the same age as Evan but has all the same characteristics in the games I’ve seen so far, he scores goals.
Jackson looks very good.
I choose Barco.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I'm not a huge social media follower - but thanks to NSC even I was aware of Caicedo and MacAllister when they were on loans etc, and waiting to break through here. But - who are we talking about next? Who will be the next 'cheap buy makes good'?

I'm not counting Ferguson / Enciso and so on - they are already here and loudly talked about. They are last year's crop. And I'm not talking about players like Pedro that we have paid a lot for. and was already 'known'.

Who is that we are quietly nurturing and is going to appear in 2024 and make everyone say 'bloody Brighton - they've done it again?'
I am hoping we get long time back burner Alzate playing to his potential, Moder fit and performing, and Undav and maybe Sima out on loan scoring loads.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
As others have said the obvious one is Adrian Mazilu, he’s likely the long term replacement for March and may come in next season.

The other is Kacper Kozlowski, he’s hasn’t pulled up trees on loan but neither did Caicedo in Belgium and Kozlowski is so highly rated.

Rushworth as goalkeeper will be in and around the sqaud next year I suspect. Third choice or maybe oust Steele and be the cup keeper.
I must say that the few times I watched Kozlowski play for RUSG, he was really poor. But maybe they were off days. Or maybe he was carrying a knock. But I was really disappointed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here