Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The next to break through?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I'm not a huge social media follower - but thanks to NSC even I was aware of Caicedo and MacAllister when they were on loans etc, and waiting to break through here. But - who are we talking about next? Who will be the next 'cheap buy makes good'?

I'm not counting Ferguson / Enciso and so on - they are already here and loudly talked about. They are last year's crop. And I'm not talking about players like Pedro that we have paid a lot for. and was already 'known'.

Who is that we are quietly nurturing and is going to appear in 2024 and make everyone say 'bloody Brighton - they've done it again?'

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Difficult to say, if not counting those in the squad Saturday.

Hinshelwood did well in the States and Samuels did too, but I wouldn’t say they’re the next big thing.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Someone we've never heard of yet 🤣
Yes - but that's my point really. We had heard of both those players a year before they played - and their appearances were remarked on. I'm just wondering who it is that we should be looking at this season to watch their progress.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Unfortunately from what I saw of the US tour I'm not convinced any of the under 23s are good enough. And that bar is stupidly high now.

So possibly Baleba.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Adingra, we will be selling him this time next year for around £60m

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yes - but that's my point really. We had heard of both those players a year before they played - and their appearances were remarked on. I'm just wondering who it is that we should be looking at this season to watch their progress.
My comment was slightly tongue in cheek, but it would be peak Albion to sign Enrico Enforcer from Peru before the end of the transfer window for 27p and a tube of Pringles and for him to be worth £80m after he scores the winner in the Europa League final :lolol:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Think Adingra is going to be a star.

A somewhat forgotten man is Kacper Kozlowski. Hopefully he’ll star on loan this year.

Baleba looks like he has a very high ceiling if we can land him. Left footer too which will appeal to Roberto... increases the angle options for his style. Typical Brighton signing. If not bought now, the big 6 would be after him, next season.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Maybe one for someone who regularly watches the U23’s but out of interest how are they set up tactically? Is it a carbon copy of RDZ ball to get them familiar as early as possible for the first team or do they have their own style?

Just wondered if our U23 set up speeds up / or actually slows down the pathway to the first team, the latter didn’t have to be a bad thing though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here