Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The New Hotel - Original Artists Impression

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
arrival might be an issue but how many people depart a hotel at 2.30pm or 5.30pm? anyway cant see how hard it would be to inform guests on their confirmation that they should check their arrival dates against (link provided)and allow extra journey time.So much negativity about this idea.....i just dont get it:shrug: i think its a cracking idea,guaranteed regular income for the club ,bloom builds his empire and the club accountants can have a field day moving stuff about on the books.......everyone is a winner

I think its a good idea, corporate/conference business is very lucrative, just asking?

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
I work away a lot and, on average, spend 2 night a week in a hotel somewhere. Whenever I'm at a largish out of town chain hotel, such as De Vere, there are always conferences and training courses going on with companies paying for conference rooms during the day and accommodation at night. I'd also reckon it'll be he sort of place that'll be booked for a wedding every Friday and Saturday night throughout the summer wedding season. All very profitable - they're not doing it for a bit of fun.

Completely agree, a great investment, superb location, A27 and easy access from the A23.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Is that it on the right of the picture. If so it looks a fantastically boring design. A bit of an eyesore compared to the stadium itself

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
To me this is pretty shitty. We did our Falmer campaign on this NOT happening and Baker and LDC who we all took the piss out of said this would happen and we laughed at them. Just seems the club has torn up the rule book of being true to your word and decency.

all a matter of trust U/S
IMHO the whole lot will be sold sooner rather than later:censored:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't understand the negativity on this. Those suggesting it's a bad idea clearly don't understand the hotel & conferencing business.

They built a Premier Inn in the middle of the industrial estate in Burgess Hill a couple of years ago. Seemed like a mad place to build a hotel. Half an hour walk from the station, nothing nearby except warehouses, offices & a Tesco. No notable tourist attractions in Burgess Hill. I had cause to pop in whilst at work recently and out of curiosity, asked them what their occupancy rate was like. The reception manager told me they're nearly always full. It all comes from nearby companies.

The Albion are trying to build up the conferencing & events side of things. What's the issue? If it makes the club money (it's a lucrative business) then why complain? You might even get away fans staying over if the rates are half decent.

Reading and Bolton have hotels on site, off the top of my head. Bolton's ground, I seem to recall, isn't even in Bolton, and surrounded by light industrial/ retail premises. If they can make money, surely we can.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Bolton's ground is just outside Egerton and Bolton if memory serves me. As Edna says just off a roundabout near retail parks and industrial area. Hotel is a good idea, we are gonna need as many revenue streams as we can get over next few years.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
To me this is pretty shitty. We did our Falmer campaign on this NOT happening and Baker and LDC who we all took the piss out of said this would happen and we laughed at them. Just seems the club has torn up the rule book of being true to your word and decency.

Been thinking about this since I posted on this thread yesterday, and my conclusion is that if Baker hadn't been such a dick about the planning it would have been sorted a few years sooner, and this would have meant that city college would not have pulled out as their funding would not have been cut.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5991996 said:
I don't get it, in football terms, how profitable can an out of town hotel really be??? Large staff costs and can't really see there'll be massive demand...?
So you can't see it being used for visiting teams from up north...or Rugby World cup or any other events held at the Amex...

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Perhaps they'll talk to the owners of the hotel at Carrow Road who for a number of years have successfully operated a hotel incorporated into Norwich's stadium?

Do you think Brighton are the only club planning to build a hotel within the immediate environs of their ground?

Having been at the hotel at Carrow Road on a sold out match day it all seemed to work ok, yet there is limited parking around the stadium and hotel. There was parking set aside for hotel guests and we just had to show the e-booking with the car reg on it and the stewards let us in. Plenty of home and away fans were staying overnight and many other fans using the hotel for pre and post match drinks.

Some people in our group were given a room with a great view overlooking the pitch. The only drawback was they were woken by the groundsman cutting the grass at 6am!

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
the club and anything it is connected with

This is a theme you keep repeating with no evidence to support it. If fact all the evidence indicates the opposite. Your only rational appears to be that Tony Bloom is a businessman and therefore incapable of doing anything other than that maximises his profits as quickly as possible.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
This is a theme you keep repeating with no evidence to support it. If fact all the evidence indicates the opposite. Your only rational appears to be that Tony Bloom is a businessman and therefore incapable of doing anything other than that maximises his profits as quickly as possible.

this is only my opinion
we will see

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here