[Music] The most disappointing album

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I remember practicularly crying with disappointment when listening to Sandinista for the first time. It is now probably The Clash album I re-visit the most to listen to, I really love it!
When was the last time you listened ti it? try it again Gwylan....you never know.

I assume that you never got cut thr cr*p which even the clash seem to have disowned.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Sam's Town by The Killers. Their Hot Fuss Debut had seemed like a breath of fresh air but they had already begun their descent into radio friendly blandness by the time they got to their second album.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
More subjective nonsense from so called "critics" who believe they are the guardians of musical taste.They would be better off developing a robot who can be a music, film, theatre , food etc critic all in one so these wastes of space can do something else and make a proper contribution to society.

If you read the article you'll see it's anything but. A set of existing data has been used to determine this list. I'm sure the authors would not suggest that the approach has produced a definitive list, but the results are interesting given the approach.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I assume that you never got cut thr cr*p which even the clash seem to have disowned.

If cut the crap had been by any other band but the clash it would have been okish. My most disappointing buy would be " yes sir I will" by crass, almost unlistenable.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

If cut the crap had been by any other band but the clash it would have been okish. My most disappointing buy would be " yes sir I will" by crass, almost unlistenable.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I have both Jekyll + Hyde and Moonshine in the Trunk. The table doesn't lie!

Jekyll + Hyde I can understand, I love ZBB but I really wish they'd stick to what they're best at rather than trying to do a bit of everything.

Moonshine In The Trunk being on there, though? Nope, can't understand that I'm afraid - definitely better than Wheelhouse in my view, although still not topping This Is Country Music as far as my fav BP albums go.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sparkle in the rain by Simple Minds. After years of innovative and intriguing albums, they decided to do 'stadium rock'. Eurgh! But it sold well.

Crisis what crisis by Supertramp. This embarrassment followed the sublime Crime of the Century. Even the title made me feel I was about to be violated by Thatcher.

Sabbath bloody Sabbath, by (you can guess the rest). After volume 4 this was lazy, bloated rubbish. And I got my poor mother to buy this for me for Chritsmas, from Virgin records at the clock tower. She was mortified.

There are plenty more . . . . the common theme seems to be succes and money for some breeds laziness and self indulgence.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
After Macy Gray came out with her debut album, 'On How Life Is', she followed that with 'The Id' which was not all that :glare:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
The Rumble Strips...I loved their first album 'Girls and Weather' - nearly ten years ago, unbelievably. They were excellent at The Komedia, and I had great hopes and expectations for them.

Then they released 'Welcome to the Walk Alone'. It was awful, and it bombed. They disappeared without trace, and I can't find out anything about any of them now. Pity.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Low by Bowie. Music to die to.

A new career in a new town is one of the most wonderful optimistic bits of music ever written, extremely clever and evocative, and always makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.

And the dark tracks are amazing.

Sorry!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports