Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The most beautiful city in the world

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Never mind Sunderland. The beautiful panoramic sunset of.......Middlesbrough!

middlesbrough3_1721964c.jpg

The North Easts little piece of Utopia...........

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Another vote for Pokhara. Greatest place for trekking, white water rafting, paragliding & mountaineering too IMHO plus the Nepalese love the Brits!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Christ Mate. I know you live in Oz and you must know it better than most on NSC but in the short time I visited,albeit in1998,I dont think I saw a dog end, a dog sh*t, a discarded coke tin or any rubbish. Just a brilliant ,clean ,friendly,cosmopolitan,melting pot of all nationalities getting on famously. I guess things change but from my memories it would be up there. My number one for what it's worth...Christchurch NZ, not for the buildings but for the immediate scenery and the recent memories.

It's changed haha

That was leading up to the Olympics too. So they made an effort for you!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I was in San Sébastian a couple of weeks ago,not to shabby

plus their ground looks like the Amex from the outside

San_sebastian_aerial_7909.JPG

seriously though Paris & London take some beating

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
A bit of a mare tbh,at one point we had the wardrobe pushed up against our hotel room door for added insurance,the owner of the hotel refused to call a cab because he said we would not make it from the hotel door to the taxi:eek:

similiar experience,was in Rimini when Heysel happened

loads of youths outside the hotel baying for our blood

Turin :blush: SPENT 5 DAYS THERE FOR THE EURO'S IN 1980 HAD KNIVES PULLED ON US EVERY DAY,EVEN HAD A GUN PULLED ON US,WOULD LIKE TO REVISIT DURING MORE PEACEFUL TIMES???

Don't judge a city on its crime. I've been robbed and pick-pocketed in Naples, and nearly knifed, in Naples. But it's still a great city in a superb setting.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Brum is great,but my all time favourite is Muscat.Honourable mentions for Poitiers,La Rochelle,Bruges,Hanover,Paris,Barcelona,Brussels,Edinburgh and Belfast.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Going to Florence in a few weeks so getting excited now. Any real ale bars there ?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Depends where you take your pictures in all these cities I would imagine. I could take a set of pics of around Prague that would destroy their tourist industry, but im guessing thats the same for any city. Having said that, whenever my mother visits, she keeps going on about how clean it is...hadnt really noticed myself.
People who think Brighton is a shithole, have clearly not travelled.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Paris
Madrid
Barcelona
Venice
Prague
Stockholm
Lisbon
London (when the sun is out!)
Rome