In Goosegog Lane, on Donkey Down,
And hear the Dewi sing all day,
And never, never leave the town.

That's how I feel about Brighton.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Rome and Barcelona deserve a mention.

This... Barcelona is full of beautiful buildings courtesy of Gaudi (the Cathedral is just breathtaking) and Rome (there during the disastrous playoff game) is so full of fantastic history & architecture that they have more than they can possibly protect. Wander out of town a little and there's loads of old viaducts and other ruins that make the place so interesting.

Sex shops and Coffee bars aside, wandering beside canals in Amsterdam is also wonderful.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Abroad - Lisbon and Bruges
UK - Cambridge

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia

Bolzano - Really? - I was there a week ago and I was really surprised How nice it was. Did you go to the Bozer Brewery by chance and go and see Otzi?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Paris
London
Brighton
all have there undoubted faults
and if I were to be pushed
PARIS

if you were to ask me where would I like to live .....30 years ago it might have been Alexandria Egypt

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I'm not as well travelled as some on here, but of the cities I have been to, Prague would get my vote just ahead of Stockholm. Both have some very beautiful architecture and historical buildings. Only drawback to Stockholm was it was quite expensive, as Scandinavia tends to be in general. Also, Madrid was a good place and I'd like to go back there and explore a bit more. The last time I was there, I didn't really get the chance to explore it 'culturally' shall we say. I did get to look round the Bernabeu, mind you. Also, I have been to a few cities in France and would recommend a visit to any of Saint Malo, Rouen, Bayeux or Amiens, all of which have some attractive architecture and Saint Malo has coastline where you can see out as far as the Channel Islands on a clear day.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Brighton's a sh1thole.

Turin and Rome have to be among my favourites.

Really? I was there the same time as you and, aside from finding the locations of The Italian Job, I found it a bit underwhelming.

I'd happily re-visit this place, though - as would you, I suspect.

Old-City-Cadiz.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Lots of choice here. I've been to Florence, Bruges, Bath, Stockholm and they're all lovely.

I think Budapest deserves a mention. Absolutely splendid looking city.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
But then ya get off the boat and it's a crowded shit hole.

I think Hobart is the best looking Oz city. Very picturesque.
Christ Mate. I know you live in Oz and you must know it better than most on NSC but in the short time I visited,albeit in1998,I dont think I saw a dog end, a dog sh*t, a discarded coke tin or any rubbish. Just a brilliant ,clean ,friendly,cosmopolitan,melting pot of all nationalities getting on famously. I guess things change but from my memories it would be up there. My number one for what it's worth...Christchurch NZ, not for the buildings but for the immediate scenery and the recent memories.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5802233 said:

Isn't that just Ilfracombe with a gaudy paint job?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Sunderland is nice..... well, maybe not.

A lot of good mentions above, particularly Siena.

But I really like Nice - much more interesting and historical than most of the other French Riviera resorts, Avignon, which is stunning, and (as already mentioned above) La Rochelle.

And We visited a friend in Copenhagen a couple of years ago. Very pleasant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here