Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The most annoying question you're regularly asked?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Getting asked what football team I support, then being informed I obviously know nothing about football because Brighton are not in the premier league.

Or worse when someone thinks they are in the Premier League.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
"Can you just go and shit on the minibus like the others?" my Dutch PE Teacher once said.... Never really understood why I got put on report for 2 weeks, still grinds my gears to this day....

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
How are you today? ......When asked by some prick at a call centre, who I've never met, never want to and already regret answering the phone to while I'm busy trying to work on worthwhile things.. they then end the call with " take care" ...:tosser:

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
How are you today? ......When asked by some prick at a call centre, who I've never met, never want to and already regret answering the phone to while I'm busy trying to work on worthwhile things.. they then end the call with " take care" ...:tosser:

This all over. Especially paying council tax over the phone "Are you happy with the quality of service today?" "No you thundering ****ing spunk trumpet, you've just relieved me of x amount of cash for a service that is not fit for purpose, in a voice reminiscent of Joe bloody Pasquale. I will not hang on the line do your automated ****ing survey"

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
"Can you just go and shit on the minibus like the others?" my Dutch PE Teacher once said.... Never really understood why I got put on report for 2 weeks, still grinds my gears to this day....

....miniboosh like the othersh surely.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
:lolol:
I ****ing HATE the "What premier league club though?" question and I can't even hide my contempt for people when they ask me that anymore.

The responses I've had to telling people, no I don't have "a Premier league team" range from ".....oh....." coupled with a look of open-mouthed astonishment like I'd just shat in the casket at a funeral to "Hahaahah! Hey come over here you need to hear this, this guy reckons he doesn't support a Premier league team! - What!? But EVERYONE supports
one of Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal!"

I regularly get...." What division are Brighton in then ? "....I usually just reply......" The Championship, one level below the Premier League "
I want to go on and say...." It is the fifth best supported league in Europe. It supplies three new PL teams each season and contains clubs that have won many league titles, FA Cups and even European Cups. It is televised regularly and watched in many different parts of the world ".....but frankly....I just can't be arsed....it would wash over their heads anyway.

Tell them massive clubs like dirty Leeds, and Sheffield Wednesday:lol: are slumming it in the same league, they'll soon change their tune

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Every June, I get: 'You're a university professor? So are you on holiday for the next 3 months?' :facepalm::shootself

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
'What is the difference between osmosis and diffusion'

Everywhere I go I get that.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Oh and to all the silly bitches who come out with the comment, 'Oh your tall, ( I'm 6ft 4in )but is everything in proportion'

And I have to come back with the alleged Courtney Walsh reply...........
" No ma'am for that to be the case I'd have to be 8ft 6in."

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Oh and to all the silly bitches who come out with the comment, 'Oh your tall, ( I'm 6ft 4in )but is everything in proportion'

And I have to come back with the alleged Courtney Walsh reply...........
" No ma'am for that to be the case I'd have to be 8ft 6in."

I'm six four, and when a woman mentions it, I just say we are all the same height lying down :)

Re: the OP, my mum phoning up at about 7am and saying, 'Did I wake you?' :rant:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
How much would it cost----as in to put a washer on their bath tap in their fifth floor flat in the centre of Brighton - no where to park----oh and the lift is fecked as well - you don't find this out till there.

Second one is - while you're here could you just-------------ffs!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Followed by "I used to watch the Albion. Would love to go to the Amex but I can't get a ticket!"

Just out of interest [MENTION=21578]Worthingite[/MENTION]. Why the thumbs down on my comment? People do say that.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Would you like to apply for a Debxxhams store card today, you will get an extra 10% off your shopping?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

kc1

Nov 11, 2011
Because I am a print developer and my work involves writing java script/sql queries/vbscript and running automation software, all my friends believe I am a computer whizz kid and constantly ask me if I can fix/have a look at/sort out their pc.

Well no I bloody well can't. I work ON a computer, not with computers, and basically if they go wrong, I know sod all about the bloody things.

I get exactly the same from friends, family and co-workers.
I'm a developer not IT Support!

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Do you think I need a coat?

How the F*** should I know. Make your own decisions....Tw**.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here