Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The most annoying question you're regularly asked?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have you been to the game ? What was the score ?

Followed by "I used to watch the Albion. Would love to go to the Amex but I can't get a ticket!"

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Basically any question the wife asks that starts with the words "Can you...?" e.g:

"Can you put the rubbish out? = "Put the rubbish out"
"Can you get me a can of coke?" = "Get me a can of coke".

<Me> "Are you asking me or telling me?"
<Her> "I'm telling you"
<Me> "Right then <you tw4t>" (whispered under breath)
<Wife> "Tw4t! <laughs>

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The size of a man's character is usually in alignment with the size of the things that annoy him.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Some shoppers leave their bags in the car and this reminds them they have forgotten to bring them in store , however only 1 in 50 will say they'll pack it when they get back to the car or send their partner to get the bags from the boot. In a years time the question will change to "Do you want 5p carrier bags or 10p bags for life ?"

But they ask me now when I've got my bag for life up on the counter just south of the till...

When I get the basic "Are you all right?" sickener I sometimes ask them back what their definition of "all right" is. It always shuts 'em up.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I ****ing HATE the "What premier league club though?" question and I can't even hide my contempt for people when they ask me that anymore.

The responses I've had to telling people, no I don't have "a Premier league team" range from ".....oh....." coupled with a look of open-mouthed astonishment like I'd just shat in the casket at a funeral to "Hahaahah! Hey come over here you need to hear this, this guy reckons he doesn't support a Premier league team! - What!? But EVERYONE supports one of Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal!"

:angry:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I ****ing HATE the "What premier league club though?" question and I can't even hide my contempt for people when they ask me that anymore.

The responses I've had to telling people, no I don't have "a Premier league team" range from ".....oh....." coupled with a look of open-mouthed astonishment like I'd just shat in the casket at a funeral to "Hahaahah! Hey come over here you need to hear this, this guy reckons he doesn't support a Premier league team! - What!? But EVERYONE supports
one of Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal!"

I regularly get...." What division are Brighton in then ? "....I usually just reply......" The Championship, one level below the Premier League "
I want to go on and say...." It is the fifth best supported league in Europe. It supplies three new PL teams each season and contains clubs that have won many league titles, FA Cups and even European Cups. It is televised regularly and watched in many different parts of the world ".....but frankly....I just can't be arsed....it would wash over their heads anyway.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Getting asked what football team I support, then being informed I obviously know nothing about football because Brighton are not in the premier league.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Recently:

Are you worried about Ebola? Nope, eff all I can do about it.
Who do you want to win GE2015? Don't care less, all a bunch of thieving kiddie shaggers.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
How come that doesn't hurt?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
At Saino's Local: 'Would you like a bag?' ('No, you're OK, I'll juggle my shopping home')

At Thomson's Currency Exchange: 'Going anywhere nice?' (No, thought I'd try somewhere shite this year')

At the Amex: 'Do you want milk in your Bovril?' (No, I ordered a pint of Kronie, look! that stuff over there, in the big plastic glass, with the froth. No, not THAT one! That's FOSTER's! Sake!')

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Was that your finger or am I expecting too much ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here