Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The met wankers

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I'm with HKFC. Swearing is only used by those that don't have the intellect to express themselves in a more articulate manner.

Some of the most intellligent and articulate people I know are also the best at swearing. There's nowt wrong with a bit of swearing now and again but you must be aware of who you are with and where you are.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I'm with HKFC. Swearing is only used by those that don't have the intellect to express themselves in a more articulate manner.

Rightyho then, your at a game and the referee having been terrible all games doesn't give a blatant penalty that would have won the game, how would you react to that? the idea that anyone who swears is thick is absolutely ludicrous.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Rightyho then, your at a game and the referee having been terrible all games doesn't give a blatant penalty that would have won the game, how would you react to that? the idea that anyone who swears is thick is absolutely ludicrous.

Well said Wizard.

What was that line in the play 'An Evening With Gary Lineker', when the footie fan, listening on his radio, finds out his team has let in a second goal?

I think it went something like:

"Fuckin Bollocks! It's a shag-wankin disaster! Two Bastard nil!"

:thumbsup:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I just find it HILARIOUS that a bunch of blokes feel the need to respond because a few chavvy kids "swore at us first"

it drives them CRAZY if you just ignore it, which is alot funnier.

I just have NEVER felt the need to start going mad at a bunch of people who fundamentally are the same as me...but just support a different group of 11 20-30 somethings who kick a ball around a bit of grass.

In the game, yes l go MAD.

But it just looks PATHETIC outside.

"oi, yeah you, f*** you because you come from London and im from Brighton, oi don't call me a homosexual, I like women'

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
i can safely say i am firmly with the police on this one, and would use stronger words than mug or wanker to describe you, bha25. (as long as there were no kids about, of course.)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This thread is f***ing ridiculous and is making somesupporters looked pathetic. It's football - people shout and swear - emotions run high - deal with it - emotions run even higher cos we all support our local club and the majority are very passionate...

Also comparing swearing at football / banter to going shopping is f***ing pathetic - no comparison to be made at all there.

Last but most importantly - does a little f***ing funny incident really need 5 pages on NSC - no. Banter and taking the piss happens at most stations every week at football - it doesn't need 5 pages of drivel from certain people just cos some fans sang stuff at each other - some people here sound like they've never been to an away game on the train...

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Some of the most intellligent and articulate people I know are also the best at swearing. There's nowt wrong with a bit of swearing now and again but you must be aware of who you are with and where you are.

Indeed.

The use of swearing on the The Thick Of It is almost poetic.

Stephen Fry on Swearing:

"The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is in any way a sign of a lack of education or of a lack of verbal interest is just f***ing lunatic. Or they say, 'It's not necessary.' As if that should stop one doing it. Things not being necessary is what makes life interesting."

When did public swearing become associated with "working class" behaviour?

Once upon a time, "Not in front of the ladies" was a phrase that was commonplace in all working class communities.

I've always thought public swearing was a typical middle class activity.

When I went to school in SE16, kids got caned for swearing.

IKDRF

May 1, 2009
Swearing is big and clever of course, it's such a shame the "met" wanted to stop you doing it, Blair out. :facepalm:

We had the missfortune last night to be stood by a family (I assume it was a family) the father swore non stop, kept congratulating himself for [thinking he had] starting chants (all were full of profanities, "Hate Palace/Shit Fans/No-one there/etc") and encouraged his pretty, but chavy, daughter to sing them too. There was also a boy with them, could have been no more than 10 or 12, in school uniform, was jumping up and down on his seat giving it "let's go f***ing mental" amongst other delightful ditties. Oh the pride he must have given his dad.

I wonder if that was the same man who was standing up in the South Stand near me against Norwich City shouting and swearing non stop throughout the game with absolutely no boundaries. The children near him seemed to find it amusing. Im no prude, I love singing and banter but this neanderthal should have been removed from the ground. That would have been the right example. The police did nothing.:shrug:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He had the name of a well known cartoon characer on the back of his shirt

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Indeed.

The use of swearing on the The Thick Of It is almost poetic.

Stephen Fry on Swearing:

"The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is in any way a sign of a lack of education or of a lack of verbal interest is just f***ing lunatic. Or they say, 'It's not necessary.' As if that should stop one doing it. Things not being necessary is what makes life interesting."

Reading through this whole thread I was thinking of that quote, from Moab is my washpot I think?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here