The met wankers

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
The girl in question was in a mixed group all of whom were shouting abuse at Brighton fans, so any reaction was to both the girl and her MALE friends. Nice bit of bandwagon jumping though I must say, sevenside will be impressed.

Also you obviously didn’t pay attention at school, it’s you ‘were’ lucky you didn’t get stabbed not ‘was’ lucky

Writing lesson by a woman beater huh? ;) And I thought this was a forum not an English Language course. My mistake.

Also, I don't have any affiliation with anyone on this site, possibly bar the other Palace fans on here, my own opinion on someone who boasts about screaming abuse at a teenage girl is valid. You've made yourself look like a bit of a twat & you're now trying to dig your way out. Well done.

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
as oppose to palace fans who just batter blokes with kids on trains:thumbsup:

The difference is that all us proper fans were disgusted with those actions & condemened the behaviour, some of you seem to think screaming abuse at girls is fair game. And you call us pikeys?

There's no substitution for class.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
All that's wrong with football today encapsulated in one thread.

A few swear words exchanged across a rainy platform between a few mouthy kids and older blokes who should know better. So what? I can swear like anyone and articulate my points intellectually if I want to as well, as well as any of you pissypants moaning on here. Football used to be a working class sport you know, strange but true; the proles still like to insert the odd obscenity into everyday language. Really, the people making an issue out of this are sounding like a bunch of old Dorises.

I was right in the thick of it on the platform last night chatting to a little copper who wasn't even bothered with any of it, he was prattling about the weather and asked if I enjoyed the game. All around us were singing and bantering Albion fans. It wasn't even an incident.

Get off your high horses or go and watch rugby or tennis

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
All that's wrong with football today encapsulated in one thread.

A few swear words exchanged across a rainy platform between a few mouthy kids and older blokes who should know better. So what? I can swear like anyone and articulate my points intellectually if I want to as well, as well as any of you pissypants moaning on here. Football used to be a working class sport you know, strange but true; the proles still like to insert the odd obscenity into everyday language. Really, the people making an issue out of this are sounding like a bunch of old Dorises.

I was right in the thick of it on the platform last night chatting to a little copper who wasn't even bothered with any of it, he was prattling about the weather and asked if I enjoyed the game. All around us were singing bantering Albion fans. It wasn't even an incident.

Get off your high horses or go and watch rugby or tennis

Absolutely agree with you mate.:thumbsup:

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
I was on the same platform, I thought the little copper was funny and played things with a light touch. The banter was harmless where I was - lots of kisses being blown etc. I wouldn't personally join in with any swearing because I don't think it's necessary but last night's banter was pretty good natured from where I stood. Certainly beats being pelted by coins and groups of lads apeing each other to cross the platform which I've seen before.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
As has been posted on another thread, the only think out of hand last night at the station were a couple of twats throwing bottles, the rest of it was just fans banter, as xenophon said, it wasn't even an incident!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
f*** me there are some precious people on here. I was crammed in outside the station and heard the policemans comment, it was aimed to a whole crowd of fans who were aimicably waiting to get on the platform. I think we had just sung something like "You're shit, and you know you are" or somesuch to a crowd of Charlton oiks giving it the big un across the tracks. There was no hostility and no serious offence was being caused by anyone (at that point).

The actions of the policeman however could have led to an escalation in tensions, and the gate that he was closing could have led to a serious crush as more people filed in behind from the ground. In the first instance it was funny, hearing this copper try and silence a football crowd of 200 people after a good win. But it was also pretty poor crowd control. And quite frankly if you don't like football chants then don't go to football.

Precious? Apologies if it came across that way. I was purely commenting on the first poster's OUTRAGE at a copper having the temerity to politely ask people to tone down their language. You paint a different picture of events.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
i was a few people back from the closed gate approaching the platform....we all started singing back at the charlton chavs and the little jumped up copper got all high and mighty saying "anymore swearing and i wont open the gate" - i mean, f*** off mate are you gonna keep us out here all night? stupid comment.

As for the platform shennanigans, it was f*** ALL - a few invites for a fight that would NEVER happen across a live train line, 1 or 2 bottles went flying that i nearly got (wrongly) arrested for and thats about it.

It was good fun.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
saw a few chavs on the night,heard charlton didnt want to know before the game,mouthy young kids that show when palace are in town,do they hate them more than us?//heard a few saw,hope we dont go up,and palace go down

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
So bottles are thrown, sweary verbal abuse shouted from both sides and people offering each other out next to a very dangerous live train track and yuo think its over the top for a copper to ask you to tone it down. If someone threw a bottle at your wife/daughter/mum/sister etc then shouted abuse at her and offered her out for a fight you wouldn't expect the police to attend?

If you don't act like a mouthy child you are unlikey to get treated like one numpty.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
So bottles are thrown, sweary verbal abuse shouted from both sides and people offering each other out next to a very dangerous live train track and yuo think its over the top for a copper to ask you to tone it down. If someone threw a bottle at your wife/daughter/mum/sister etc then shouted abuse at her and offered her out for a fight you wouldn't expect the police to attend?

If you don't act like a mouthy child you are unlikey to get treated like one numpty.
Bottles were thrown? I didn't see any bottles thrown, just a few chavs making jokes about us being gay and us singing you're to ugly to be gay. perhaps I missed that? ???

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Bottles were thrown? I didn't see any bottles thrown, just a few chavs making jokes about us being gay and us singing you're to ugly to be gay. peraps I missed that? ???

Wasn't there but according to a couple of posters on here bottles were lobbed. Probably just posters trying tio make more of it than it was though.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Wasn't there but according to a couple of posters on here bottles were lobbed. Probably just posters trying tio make more of it than it was though.

While waiting for the 21.55 train I can't say I saw anything being thrown, all I saw over the other side of the platform was as I said a few chavs singing silly gay songs and some weird drunk bloke who bent over and pointed his arse towards us. :lolol:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

I didn’t see anything being thrown, the Charlton Chavs were singing homophobic chants and gesticulating to the Brighton fans (myself included) Brighton fans returned chants, fairly standard at a football match is it not?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Yes, standard . No it doesn't offend me. Yes it happens all the time. No I don't think it unusual. Yes, I agree it doesn't sound like much trouble. No, it doesn't make me a girl to say that you should expect a copper to say summat. My point is a copper wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't say something.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Sadly I think some people on here think that only foul mouthed disrespectful people follow their clubs, and for that they can all behave in whatever manner they see fit. I bet they all love their mums, and wouldn't accept that sort of behaviour and language used around them.

Well, for your info people, there were peoples mums at the game yesterday, and elderly people, and some young children, and they were trying to get a train too. They live their lives in polite society, but on days when following their football team they have to hear that sort of filth being screamed out? Why should they? Why should decent polite and well mannered people have to listen to such offensive drivel?

Just think about it once in a while, would you start shouting and screaming language like that in the supermarket, or while getting the bus to work, just because you saw someone you don't like? If you did there is a fair chance the police would be called, you would at least get cautioned, but you might even get arrested and charged. You wouldn't risk that, so why do you risk it when there is a policeman right in front of you?

So a policeman tells you to cut it out, why does that garner the response from the starter of this thread, and the subsequent responses in sympathy? You would get the right hump if it was going on in front of your mum/wife/daughter and he didn't stop it.
Banter is one thing and most of the time it is spot on and humorous, when all you can do is shout foul mouthed & disgusting insults and comments in a public place, that is not banter, it is offensive behaviour and you should expect to be treated accordingly.

Just think about your actions once in a while, and how they might affect others around you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports