Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Met Police at the end

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Not going to deny we've got idiots amongst our fanbase and it sounds like there were a lot of unsavoury incidents yesterday but from what I saw, the police were treating all our fans like scum.

Me and my daughter were at the game and we were treated very well by the police. I drove up and parked away from the ground and station to avoid any damage to my car. When we left the ground we turned left and walked down to the police vans and they let us through and told us to just be careful and explained how we could get to the car as we were going a different way back.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Just seen this on Twitter :lolol:

A9INWZsCMAAaXtJ.jpg

[tweet]275297205722689536[/tweet]

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Coming from one Keyboard warrior to another
The damage and vandalism your club will pay for,at least next year you lot can whine when you get a early KO at Selhurst and a reduced allocation .

Like you've got at the Amex this season?

Wonder why?

Bunch of hypocrites, we should be charging you for improving the area.

Londoner

Banned
Dec 19, 2011
London
Edna, thank you.

That was my son, and yes he was greatly shaken up by the whole experience.

I kept him close by me all the way to the ground yesterday, and back home. I guess I thought that once inside the ground a 12 year old should be safe enough to go to the loo on his own. Obviously not. Some bloody idiots who clearly care only for themselves and their own hard image decided to cause mayhem. To those that did it. Next time, think about those others around you - on both sides of that gate there were men, women and children that just wanted to see a game of football - most people are not at the game with the express purpose of causing fear, they are there to support their team.

At half time after a few minutes of not returning from the loo I was seriously worried. I knew something wasn't right and searched the stand. Thankfully I got a message on my phone and the stewards there were great in helping me trace him. These are the self same stewards we attack for doing their job at the Amex.

So, how has it affected my son? Well he's fine, thanks to people like Edna and the stewards that did everything they could to look after him (something that others should have been thinking of as well.) He will continue to go to away games, because thankfully he knows that these idiots are the mindless minority. That is what I have taught him. My fear is this. I see too much of the mindless minority at away games. We all need to grow up.

I've always told Ed that if you want to find trouble at an away game then you'll find it. If you want to steer clear of it then you'll be safe. Yesterday he got a lesson that even that maxim isn't true.

God knows what would have happened if Edna and co had not been there and he had been truly hurt. Which big man amongst our side would be the first to step forward and admit that they had been responsible for seriously hurting an innocent a 12 year old?

Edna, thank you. I've also written to Palace and the Albion to pass on my thanks to their stewards. It's good for them to know when they've done a first rate job.

Glad he has not been put off from away games, that is probably the most hostile game to take him to, but thats what makes you want to follow your team (away days will be a doddle for him now) and good to hear that stewards done their job properly and that you have written to the club to say what happened, Im sure your stewards were with you yesterday? (The police meeting said you would have your own stewards at Selhurst) lets hope they identify the idiots, I hope what was planned at the meeting actually happened, kept behind for a short of time as possible being able to get food/drink and go outside for a ciggie etc, it would be good to get a full debrief from the Police and fans to see what could be improved.

PsychoPaul

Banned
Nov 7, 2012
I think it's only fair the Palace fans get held outside the South Stand for 40 mins after the kick off and then marched back to
London Road station in March. Seems only fair.

That's a long way to walk ,especially when they'll all be carrying bits of the Amex with them....

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Wonder why?

With the return fixture on St Patrick's Day and what occurred yesterday it wouldn't surprise me if the Palace allocation is restricted to only 980 (the South East Corner) on orders from Sussex Police.

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012

Wonder why?

No angels either ,but No ones talking about last year are they?
The topic is yesterday's game and the only reason the game has been moved is your stewards and police can't handle a 3o clock KO to your rivals.
I honestly can't remember the last time you hosted us at normal Saturday match time.

cyrilthesinik

Oct 15, 2011
Not going to deny we've got idiots amongst our fanbase and it sounds like there were a lot of unsavoury incidents yesterday but from what I saw, the police were treating all our fans like scum.
Thats just not true! I had a couple of chats with The Met yesterday and they were very helpful and friendly, also the head Palace steward was a top bloke who told us where to drink. Brighton v Palace, its always going to get a bit edgy but The Police yesterday where fine if you were fine with them. If you were a dick head then expect to be treated like one.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why would st patricks day have any bearing on it ?

It always gets a bit more rowdier in town than usual on that weekend with all the Plastic Micks getting rat arsed.

Apr 12, 2011
Thats just not true! I had a couple of chats with The Met yesterday and they were very helpful and friendly, also the head Palace steward was a top bloke who told us where to drink. Brighton v Palace, its always going to get a bit edgy but The Police yesterday where fine if you were fine with them. If you were a dick head then expect to be treated like one.

Well said. I noticed no hostility from the police yesterday, and actually got a few smiles, nods and 'evenings' from them in return when I offered them. As you say it's all down to your attitude towards them. Treat them with respect, you'll get respect back. Treat them otherwise and what do you expect?!

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
I was back home at 6.15, and two young lads got off the train at Hove carrying broken seats.

What time did the first special out of Norwood leave ? - we stayed until the end of the game and had to wait about 30 mins in Park Road and then taken straight to station to catch second special at about 6.05 - the train had about 8 carriages and was quite empty. Didn't get home to Hove till about 7.45 pm.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
What time did the first special out of Norwood leave ? - we stayed until the end of the game and had to wait about 30 mins in Park Road and then taken straight to station to catch second special at about 6.05 - the train had about 8 carriages and was quite empty. Didn't get home to Hove till about 7.45 pm.

I'm not sure what time the first special left Norwood. We left the ground a few minutes from the end of the game, as we got outside some fans had broken through the police cordon and the police let us carry on down to Norwood. The East croydon train was already on the platform, at Croydon we only had to wait a couple of minutes for the fast train to Littlehampton, we were back at Lancing at 6.15.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm not sure what time the first special left Norwood. We left the ground a few minutes from the end of the game, as we got outside some fans had broken through the police cordon and the police let us carry on down to Norwood. The East croydon train was already on the platform, at Croydon we only had to wait a couple of minutes for the fast train to Littlehampton, we were back at Lancing at 6.15.

No fans broke through at all, the police were letting them through and we were on the same train as you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here