Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Marseille Mozzie bite thread

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
I looked it up. Mozzie bites have a blister and red surround. Bed bugs are more like little pinpricks in a cluster.
Good stuff. I had shit loads of bites that sound Mozzie like. Loads flying around the Air BnB, gave up trying to kill them all.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Glad I didn't go. We went to Bordeaux in the summer and they have a huge problem with mozzies. Worst time though was a week in Sicily. Ended up up with 80 odd bites all over, some scarred and were still visible a year later. Mrs Igzilla doesn't get bitten at all. Life's not fair.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I always get bitten by anything remotely interested in biting humans. Day 1 in Queensland , Aus a few years back I woke up covered with 45+ bites!

2 nights in Marseille, out wearing shorts all day and night, in a budget hotel etc. Not a single bite of any kind!

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
i have a real problem with insect bites and stings. My travelling companions love me being with them as the mozzies leave them alone and swarm for me. In most cases i get a bad reaction, but very frequently reaction is so bad that they become infected and antibiotics are needed. I have been hospitalised on four occasions now requiring antibiotics intravenously.

it ain’t much fun

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Bitten on the shoulder which I noticed a couple of days after. Also got stung on the neck by a wasp in the square which wasn't ideal. Thank god we didn't get battered in the end.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Good stuff. I had shit loads of bites that sound Mozzie like. Loads flying around the Air BnB, gave up trying to kill them all.
I always get bitten badly abroad, even to having to visit a doctor with cellulitis, so I take an insect repellant every time. BuzzOff from Superdrug which is jungle formula. They make small bottles for flights.

Reactions: cjd

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
Nice juicy bite after a Wednesday night out in the city. Only 1 more came through before leaving. Washed everything from my backpack the minute I got home. I always get that fear the the shite bags have travelled back in my pants

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I always get bitten badly abroad, even to having to visit a doctor with cellulitis, so I take an insect repellant every time. BuzzOff from Superdrug which is jungle formula. They make small bottles for flights.

I’ve always had reactions to insect bites, got that from my Mum. In the 70’s everyone just said was gnats, not knowing that mosquitos are a UK thing.

Even going out to put the compost our first thing or evening I spray Jungle on wrists and ankles. Does the trick.

seagurl

Mar 21, 2012
Back from Costa de Sol a week now. All of us had mosquito bites. Talked about it to residents in Mijas and they say its bad all over southern Europe due to the very hot weather this summer. Not sure if this is the reason but I usually don't get bitten.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here