Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Marseille Mozzie bite thread

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
TCP for the bites, and Piriton if the itching is unbearable.
If the red area grows and is hot, get to the docs for antibiotics.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Interesting. A girl in our party posted a photo earlier today of her badly swollen ankle which she said was from mozzie bites.
"A girl in our party?" Who are you? Silvio Berlusconi?

I've got a large one on my leg and one on my back. Mrs H has asked for confirmation that it's not a bed bug.

Modern away day problems!

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
We took the train back to the airport on Friday and the mosquitos at Vitrolles station were unbelievable.

It may have been that it was around dusk. But I've never seen so many ravenous mozzies. They normally don't touch me but this time, they were landing all over me and the other people waiting for the bus from Vitrolles to the airport. It could have been a massacre had the bus not arrived promptly.

I think the mozzies were "representing" Marseille in the absence of the Ultras!

@dwayne : this is my last post related to Marseille!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
All those who went should stay at home today ….and socially distance..two miles should do it and report to your local fumigation centre

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I didn't get bitten on Wednesday night but came back on Friday after a Thursday night of mozzie feasting. Probably 25 or so bites all over my body. I managed to get two of them in the apartment on Friday morning but they were laden with my blood and far too slow to get away.
Ba****ds!

Bad enough in the summer up here with the dreaded midge, let alone suffering the mozzie as well.

TNBA

TTF

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"A girl in our party?" Who are you? Silvio Berlusconi?

I've got a large one on my leg and one on my back. Mrs H has asked for confirmation that it's not a bed bug.

Modern away day problems!
Bunga bunga !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Run a spoon under hot water, until the spoon is hot to touch. Then press it against the bite. It’s the best relief - instantly takes the sting away and you forget it’s there.
The only person who got bitten in our group doesn’t drink alcohol. This is all you need to know.

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
The only person who got bitten in our group doesn’t drink alcohol. This is all you need to know.
I drank enough to fill a couple of Roman baths. Still got bitten, doesn't normally happen to me (or it does and I don't get the marks). Executing a few mosquitoes made me feel better momentarily but now I am worried it may have been bed bugs all along. Did the mozzies deserve a fair trial and even if found guilty, would community service be more appropriate?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
God ......the people who didn't go to Marseille must be getting pretty sick of these threads now 🤣

What next ?

I lost my virginity in Marseille?

The drugs were so much better in Marseille?
Certainly the milfs we better in Marseille port was rammo with filth

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Just back from 11 days in Avignon, Frejus, and Marseille. Wife and I bitten in all of them. Way more than 5, but think we built up a bit of resistance or else the Marseilles bugs carry less bite as we are free from itching now.

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
Another victim here. I've been murdered by mozzies in Lille before but didn't think to pack insect repellent for Marseille. Although I think most of the damage was done down by the Rhône in Avignon. Little blighters.

CarolinaaaaZamora

Apr 19, 2022
I woke up on Friday with a massive bite on my leg. That’s disappeared.

Woke up Sunday, didn’t feel quite right. Now got a heavy cold & cough, just done a Covid test & it’s negative. 🤒

Back to bed for me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here