Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Marseille Mozzie bite thread

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Returned yesterday and realised today I have 5 pretty big bites. I don’t normally get them so assumed I wasn’t tasty but the Marseille ones took a liking to me. They must take a while to come through. Can anyone beat 5?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Interesting. A girl in our party posted a photo earlier today of her badly swollen ankle which she said was from mozzie bites.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We stayed at a hotel near the airport and I think it may have got me whilst we walked between the two as that was the only time I was aware of its presence.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
My young lad kipped at the airport for 90 minutes for a very early Friday morning flight. He has several bites. His hand is blown up like a rubber glove. Horrendous.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
God ......the people who didn't go to Marseille must be getting pretty sick of these threads now 🤣

What next ?

I lost my virginity in Marseille?

The drugs were so much better in Marseille?
These topics will more likely appear after the Ajax game.

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
Yes, I have loads up my legs. Gave up killing them in the Air BnB, as soon as you got rid of one another appeared.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Sure they aren’t bed bug bites?
If it is you really know about it, brings back memories in South East Asian backpackers in the 90s

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Yes, including one massive one right at the side of my eye socket, a very attractive look.

You're right about them coming out late, discovered a couple late Friday but most yesterday. Itchy.

Not bed bugs I think, just regular gnats/mozzies.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
In the good old days, royals and the elite used to employ bedwarmers, people who got into their beds so that the bedbugs would bite them, and be full up by the time their masters got into bed.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
French bed bugs?

First night I’d got to my hotel and had French news on the telly while sorted myself out. Huge item about the bed bug epidemic and all the problems with it. Just what i needed to hear while I’m in a budget hotel that looked quite scruffy. Took ages to get to sleep as was convinced there were hordes of bed bugs intent on attacking me. Thankfully didn’t get a single bite of any kind the whole trip.

There were loads of flies in Place Joliette so could well be some fly bites for people which are often worse than mozzies.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
Run a spoon under hot water, until the spoon is hot to touch. Then press it against the bite. It’s the best relief - instantly takes the sting away and you forget it’s there.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I’m claiming 8 now. Some late to show. A but like Tony Bloom and his Heathrow flight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here