Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Latest Betting odds on next Albion Manager

drop dead fred

Mar 8, 2011
So you would plump for Curbishley, a manager who since he left West Ham 5 years ago, has only worked on Sky Sports........brilliant
Why not ??
As someone on here said the other day football really isn't half as complicated as these so called experts make out.
I just want someone that would be proud just to be bha manager .
Someone like curbs or jacket would do me fine .
Both would have a bit of class when talking about the club ,both could do the job ,and wouldn't keep threatening to leave every time a better job comes along .

keithbeaky

Dec 26, 2011
Next manager markets should largely be ignored, especially in a case so rare as this one where no one outside the club really knows whats going on. Ok so sometimes its over before the market even opens, Hughes to Man City being one I remember well. But more often than not more than two managers will trade at odds-on and I've known some markets have twenty different favourites in a week and still got it wrong. Also when saying X is now 2/1 with "i wont lay 2 pebbles to 1 pebbles bookie" check the price on betfair. Bookies stop taking bets on some markets only for the market to be re-opened and an outsider get the job. Redknapp to Newcastle being the case for that eg.

Let some dust settle and the club to announce what is going on before getting excited or disillusioned at the £4 bets shifting prices.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Betting on managers is mostly irrelevant until the final knockings.

The board have a shortlist of names on their wanted list should the situation ever arise that we are in the market for a new manager.

its quite possible the list is seeing the light of day again given current circumstances.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Why not ??
As someone on here said the other day football really isn't half as complicated as these so called experts make out.
I just want someone that would be proud just to be bha manager .
Someone like curbs or jacket would do me fine .
Both would have a bit of class when talking about the club ,both could do the job ,and wouldn't keep threatening to leave every time a better job comes along .

I would be proud to be BHA manager

Doesn't mean to say I'd be any bleeding good at it

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Next manager markets should largely be ignored, especially in a case so rare as this one where no one outside the club really knows whats going on. Ok so sometimes its over before the market even opens, Hughes to Man City being one I remember well. But more often than not more than two managers will trade at odds-on and I've known some markets have twenty different favourites in a week and still got it wrong. Also when saying X is now 2/1 with "i wont lay 2 pebbles to 1 pebbles bookie" check the price on betfair. Bookies stop taking bets on some markets only for the market to be re-opened and an outsider get the job. Redknapp to Newcastle being the case for that eg.

Let some dust settle and the club to announce what is going on before getting excited or disillusioned at the £4 bets shifting prices.

Great, informative and interesting post thanks for the insight. :thumbsup:

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR

All fair & valid points. On the subject of 'Arry'. He's recently shortened from 66/1 down to 22/1 with BetVictor! :eek::eek::eek:

Maybe Barber has had a fiver on his old mate? ???

keithbeaky

Dec 26, 2011
Sometimes a club may want a certain manager and when a few get to know this there will be big money for that manager. Redknapp to Newcastle again the eg of that. Other eg's would be Hodgson to Fulham which obviously did happen. When the money came people were prepared to take ANY price for serious, £10k+, bets. But that was because people knew he had virtually signed. The press conference was a few hours after AND there had already been several other favourites for that job. Hughes to Man City was over before Sven even left and im not sure they even bet on that properly. But overall the early betting is just pure guess work and elaborate theories or casual punters putting two and two together and coming up with any number.

So when you see Jimmy Whatshisface go from 50/1 down to 10/1 I wouldn't pay too much attention. Then you have bookies deliberately shortening prices to actually attract more mug money. A lot of people love to follow the money on these markets so when someone's odds do start getting less some punters will actually bet on Jimmy Whatshisface for that reason.

I wont go on too much more. Glad some people found my post useful

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I actually think I would cry if Rafa became our manager, but have a feeling his next stop is the bitters.
Mattao would be a good shout, especially if given a few quid.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Can I have a bet on our next manager not being on any of the lists quoted?

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I seriously would like Duncan Ferguson. Couldn't stand the guy as a player but has knuckled down, taken his coaching badges and coached at Everton with rave reviews. Has even managed to keep out of the news since retiring

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Slaven Bilic would be quality. Did extremely well as coach of Croatia, now in Russia with Lokomotiv Moscow. Some of his quotes in the past have been brilliant but he looks like a murderer on his wikipedia page.

Mourinho or Alex Ferguson would be brilliant too but my cat has more chance of being the next Albion boss than we do of getting Bilic here!

Would SO LOVE IT if I'm wrong but

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here