Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The kamikaze playing out from the back

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I am amazed and applaud every time these moves come off which is most of time to be fair. However do I enjoy it round the penalty area Definitely no until it reaches half way line. It was here we lost ball so many times in first half which set Utd away but feel this was because no Caicedo in midfield

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I am amazed and applaud every time these moves come off which is most of time to be fair. However do I enjoy it round the penalty area Definitely no until it reaches half way line. It was here we lost ball so many times in first half which set Utd away but feel this was because no Caicedo in midfield
This is one of the reasons I'm surprised Gilmour hasn't got more game time thus far because he is dangerous when the press has been broken and he can unleash the pass forward.

Maybe he has been slow to pick up the patterns in the Albion playbook to which Dunk alluded to?

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
Exactly this. Southgate is a dinosaur, the game has moved on.
Sadly he also has an ostrich mentality. All the attention we are getting about possession and style of play and he doesn't think it would be a good idea to come and WATCH IT.

Maybe he's happy with the MOTD analysis for his updates.

He could learn a thing or two from RDZ if he bothered to look. Arrogant git.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Definitely. Was reading something by man united fan who was basically saying he expected Rashfors to torment Dunk with his pace. How many times have we heard that, but it just doesn't really happen. He's literally at the peak of his powers now and the one player I'd worry over an injury to more than any others.

The only players to give him a tough time recently were Mbuemo and Toney. I put Forest down to mental and physical fatigue.
Agree about the injury. He went down on his knee for a while towards the end of the first half last night but, as ever, he shrugged it off and carried on brilliantly.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
But we haven't given away a handful of goals doing it this season. Agreed we will concede the odd goal giving away possession in a dangerous area but I don't think it's resulted in a single goal yet this season. Perhaps it won't be as many goals as you'd think when you see how risky it appears. I think RDZ took over after ? 6 premier league games so he's been here most of the season.
Not in the box but we gave one away as recently as the Forest game where Dunk played one of those 'draw in the opponent passes' to Caicedo when he wasn't looking. It'll happen. I can't see it really matters considering the number of goals we're scoring thanks to the high risk football. It's noticeable that when we do get caught out and there's a near miss, there are no recriminations at all between the players - they all know the score.

Goldstone Guy

Nov 18, 2006
Hove
Not in the box but we gave one away as recently as the Forest game where Dunk played one of those 'draw in the opponent passes' to Caicedo when he wasn't looking. It'll happen. I can't see it really matters considering the number of goals we're scoring thanks to the high risk football. It's noticeable that when we do get caught out and there's a near miss, there are no recriminations at all between the players - they all know the score.
Yes agreed, I forgot about the Forest goal.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
That final passage of play in the vid was fantastic not least because it ended up the other end.

The waistcoatwanker is as weak as warm piss.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hope Dunk hasn't said too much. Incredible
Could you understand a word he said?

In seriousness he disclosed one play we wasn't supposed to play.

Looking forwards to watching Chelsea balls up their copy effort :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here