Lush

Mods' Pet
picture.php

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow

Nice pic my friend.
Fook me. I have fallen out of that door a few times. Got carried out one night because a big black bouncer knocked me out with one punch from behind. Me and my mates went back the next night to flatten his head but I never saw him in there again. :wozza:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Best years of my life in the years in the late 70s and early 80s, Met my first wife there and have fond memories of the music and clientele. Remember Stew and Lloydy the DJs very well and always used to look forward to the end of the evening when, well cut, we all joined hands in a circle, stumbled in and out and then collapsed on the floor in a heap at the end of the last track. Can't ever recall any aggression and some of the babes there were just divine.

Great times indeed.

Last edited:

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
I too meet my wife down the years I was 17 she just turned 18 ( 35 years ago now )

Does anyone remember when you paid to get in being given a ticket for food and at about 11pm queuing up for food at the top of the stairs.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Does anyone remember 'Mental Mike'? He used to pull a chair onto the dance floor (I think that's the only thing that he ever pulled in the years)! & proceeded to take his clothes off, whilst "dancing" to 'You ain't seen nothing yet', by the Bachman Turner Overdrive? He & Terry nicked the purple curtains from the front upstairs windows & returned the next week, wearing them as capes!

Dorsetgull

Sep 13, 2008
Near Yeovil
Great link with some familiar names (some of whom i still know !) I was kicked out by Peppa for smoking something i shouldn't just before my 18th birthday after being a regular for a couple of years.

I tried to get a drink in the bar downstairs about 5 years later and she told me i was still banned. I had obviously made an impression :angel:

I also remember playing for the first Hungry Years football team in about 76-77 - Paralytics Athletic

I played for that team.....
I was a mate of Chunky RIP anyone remember Get Dancing by Disco Tex andthe Sex o Lets.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Chris Mitchell used to run the team. He was a brilliant player and I believe that he played amateur football until quite recently.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Heavy metal at the Years - a long time ago now in the 70's / early 80's - great place

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Chris Mitchell used to run the team. He was a brilliant player and I believe that he played amateur football until quite recently.

Is that the same Chris Mitchell who has a brother called Colin? I remember them both well.

:amex:

Dorsetgull

Sep 13, 2008
Near Yeovil
Colin, Chris, Chunky, Kev, Ozzie, Ron, Whizzer, me Muller,Pete, Terry, Brian ( Use me ) Dildo, many more but this was the core of the team, are you any of these or can you name those I have forgotten.

33057 Seagull

May 22, 2004
Over the border in Southwick
On the way home tonight i was stuck at the pier roundabout and i just happened to gaze over at Charles St bar.

I found myself drifting back to the late 70s and the good old Hungry years and all my old pals.
What a place that was.
Typical Friday eve.

Start off in Shades then up to the Bath arms. A few in The Alhambra (how many remember that place) then off to the years to do my box for a few hours.
Great days. :guitar::guitar:

This was one of the big favs at the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0SyKM6PDAM&videos=mOo2O7H4ktQ
Always, Shades before the Years every Friday & Saturday from 1977 to 1979 and Sunday's usually started in the Hand in Hand up Kemp Town. Lloyd & Paul were the DJs - LAPD played at my 21st at the Adur Pub by Hove Lagoon. Never any agro there apart from the night Manchester United played Brighton, and Isombody turned up with a harpoon gun and all the blokes fled to the girl's toilets. 'The 10p for a cup of tea' man used to look after the cloak room on occasions.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
The very same.

I knew Paul we were good mates at school and his sister who was on the door used to let me in for nothing we would get a beer and sit right next to the speaker on the right hand side, I remember the cloak room and a young lady..................well thats another story:p

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Colin, Chris, Chunky, Kev, Ozzie, Ron, Whizzer, me Muller,Pete, Terry, Brian ( Use me ) Dildo, many more but this was the core of the team, are you any of these or can you name those I have forgotten.

I am Brian.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was a Saturday night regular from around '86 to '89. A great place and great fun. I can still picture the elderly lady owner, the DJ son and a bloke with a stoop who used to collect pots and attend to other random tasks. He even, with no complaint, cleaned away a vindaloo I threw up whilst I was trying to pull this posh horsey girl from Kingston. Suffice to say she was not too amused.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Great pick up joint. Those St Marys Hall girls, gagging for it

There used to be these 4 posh young girls who used to swish their shiny bob haircuts to the metal, we nick-named them the schoolies. They all wore skinny jeans and cashmere jumpers and stuck out, I wonder if they were the same girls you're referring to? This was late 80s.

Dorsetgull

Sep 13, 2008
Near Yeovil

I am Brian.

Well bless my soul, how are you me old China ?

Dessie Muller

Last edited:

Vic's Stick

Nov 18, 2009
saw the Piranhas play at the Alhambra & Subway Sect at The Hungry Years ( i think ?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports