Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The honeymoon is over now......

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Everyone needs to get it in their heads - this is a mid table season. All the evidence suggests it is, new manager, other teams like leicester and forest are reaching maturity, the teams coming down aren't basket cases. If you think making the top 6 is easy then you're deluded.

Retarded comment. If it was so easy to walk into a new club then everyone would do it, there is no black and white answer to how long it will take. I think half a season at least before things start to click.

Tonight was frustrating to say the least, but after what happened last season, and after the last 20 years, and after not blowing millions in the summer, mid table in the 2nd tier doesn't seem like such a disaster.

Retarded comment?

Cheers fella!

I would remind people that TB said that that we need to get to the Prem ASAP as the longer it takes the harder it gets, Fans Forum this year.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We had a decent gameplan from the start that created two one-on-one chances - if we'd converted just one (and we should have scored both) then I'm sure the gameplan would have worked and it would have been a straightforward win. As it was, our defence conceded another poor goal (not much Oscar can do about that) and then the team lost their shape a bit when Ulloa was off and the subs came on. I really do think there's quite a bit of hyperbole at the moment, and that there's not much more Oscar could have done tonight. Of course this is just my opinion.

i'll second yur opinion

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
That was the worst performance at the Amex ever. Questions are gonna be asked. Especially as SW were utter shite. We never played that badly under Gus.

Don't kid yourself, turn up like that against forest and it will be a cricket score. Supporters are definitely not ridiculous but the team were. Oscar has had a much better starting point than Gus IMHO.

Can't think OG will be allowed to many horror shows like tonight before being asked to budge up.

I think most people know that this is a transition period, and it will take Oscar time to build a team. He has not had much say on who has come in pre season. As long as we finish mid- table, I will reserve judgment until he has had a chance to build his team.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
That was the worst performance at the Amex ever. Questions are gonna be asked. Especially as SW were utter shite. We never played that badly under Gus.

Don't kid yourself, turn up like that against forest and it will be a cricket score. Supporters are definitely not ridiculous but the team were. Oscar has had a much better starting point than Gus IMHO.

Can't think OG will be allowed to many horror shows like tonight before being asked to budge up.

Says the person who posts something ridiculous! :facepalm:

That was nowhere near a horror show. We were all over them in the 1st half and got sucker punched. They dug in for the 2nd and the team and most of the crowd panicked.

Even if we don't get record ST sales next season, at least it'll be easy to work out which c**ts have fu**ed off back to arsenal and chelsea :tosser:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'd accept mid table this season if the performances weren't so ****ing awful at the moment, if we keep playing like that and by some miracle end up mid table and not relegated O expect there'll be quite a drop off in season tickets next season.

However if we keep playing like that I wouldn't rule us out of the relegation equation, pathetic performances against Bolton and Wednesday, who lets face it are shite, so without Ulloa it's not difficult to imagine us being towards the bottom and this league doesn't respect anyone. You have to turn up and play our players aren't at the moment and that attitude will see us slide meekly into relegation.

Mid table is fine but not if these ****ing awful performances continue.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Says the person who posts something ridiculous! :facepalm:

That was nowhere near a horror show. We were all over them in the 1st half and got sucker punched. They dug in for the 2nd and the team and most of the crowd panicked.

Even if we don't get record ST sales next season, at least it'll be easy to work out which c**ts have fu**ed off back to arsenal and chelsea :tosser:

Easy to slag people off for not blindly following the path that the zombies do, you feel free. But if season ticket sales drop by 10 - 15% then Oscars playing budget will be cut accordingly, TB wants the Prem ASAP.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Retarded comment?

Cheers fella!

I would remind people that TB said that that we need to get to the Prem ASAP as the longer it takes the harder it gets, Fans Forum this year.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but it really is. There is no set period where every a manager can just turn up at a club and everything starts working, I can see what Oscar is trying to do and it's definitely a work in progress, as long as we're not going backwards he deserves a bit of patience. The same goes for getting promoted, there are about 15 other teams who are historically bigger than us who all expect to get promoted, it really isn't that easy. If we all piss our pants every season we don't make the PL the only possible outcome is perpetual disappointment.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'd accept mid table this season if the performances weren't so ****ing awful at the moment, if we keep playing like that and by some miracle end up mid table and not relegated O expect there'll be quite a drop off in season tickets next season.

However if we keep playing like that I wouldn't rule us out of the relegation equation, pathetic performances against Bolton and Wednesday, who lets face it are shite, so without Ulloa it's not difficult to imagine us being towards the bottom and this league doesn't respect anyone. You have to turn up and play our players aren't at the moment and that attitude will see us slide meekly into relegation.

Mid table is fine but not if these ****ing awful performances continue.

I'd settle for mid table too.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Sorry if that sounds harsh but it really is. There is no set period where every a manager can just turn up at a club and everything starts working, I can see what Oscar is trying to do and it's definitely a work in progress, as long as we're not going backwards he deserves a bit of patience. The same goes for getting promoted, there are about 15 other teams who are historically bigger than us who all expect to get promoted, it really isn't that easy. If we all piss our pants every season we don't make the PL the only possible outcome is perpetual disappointment.

All this would be fair enough if we aren't actually going backwards but we are, the two last performances have been the worst many have seen since Poyet joined.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Bingo.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Easy to slag people off for not blindly following the path that the zombies do, you feel free.

I do feel free to do so. Just because I don't get on the managers back after 10 games I'm blindly following? I'm just being realistic.

The way people are banging on about it you'd think they'd never followed the Albion for a whole season before and believe we only have to turn up to win a match :shrug:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Sorry Billy, but your Albion history of 'first game 1991' suggests that you see us as a little club. We have been to a cup final just 8 years before then, and Wembley the year of your birth, stop thinking of us as also fans, the world has changed, expectations are higher, and rightly so.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

I like the cut of your gib Sir. Excellent post. :thumbsup:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sorry Billy, but your Albion history of 'first game 1991' suggests that you see us as a little club. We have been to a cup final just 8 years before then, and Wembley the year of your birth, stop thinking of us as also fans, the world has changed, expectations are higher, and rightly so.

perhaps he is being realistic..unlike some

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
All this would be fair enough if we aren't actually going backwards but we are, the two last performances have been the worst many have seen since Poyet joined.

But what's you're sample size - it's 10 games. It's not enough to judge yet.

We've gone backwards since Poyet left us, of course we have, but everyone expected that didn't they?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here