The happiness didn't last long.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Less than 24 hours to be precise.

We have a chairman with big pockets and normal sized arms, a half built stadium, and now hopefully the final piece of the puzzle, in Mr Poyet.
NSC hasn't had a binfest for days, and it's flair this n' flair that, all should be right in the world, and I was until 11:30 when I saw these.

All new Sherbet Fountains, where to being:-
-It's a screw top.
-They are plastic, no paper round a toilet roll.
-There's no liquorice sticking out the top.
-The inside of the tub is white, so you don't know when it's empty. I spent hours looking in to see if I'd finished. I'm 39 years old, it's difficult to justify that time to my boss.
-It's not possible to scrunch the tube to get one big lump of shebert, hitting you in the back of the throat.

AS FOR THE LIQUORICE.
It's bad enough I no longer sticks out of the top, but it's tiny.
At the end of the whole experience I wasn't left with a rock hard lump of liquorice which I was unable to digest. The tooth pick was just gone.

I'm ashamed to call myself English, come on NSC the future might be bright the future might be Brighton, but there are still plenty of battles we have to fight. I give you.

BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL FOUNTAIN.

Attachments

• sherbetfountain_new.jpg
    sherbetfountain_new.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 1,040

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
I agree Stat - when will they stop messing with our food? Remember Opal Fruits? Marathon? SpaceDust?
They keep rebranding and downsizing whilst jacking up the price and it's just not on!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Wagon Wheels are microscopic now as well. Or am I just getting bigger? :blush:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just on environmental terms I cannot BELIEVE Bassetts have made such an arsecake out of one of their premiér products. Instead of the traditional bio-degradable cardboard SHEATH, we now have this plastic monstrosity to contend with ? I am shocked to the core, and appalled.

I shall be penning a strongly worded letter to Bertie Bassett in the morning, and will be following this up with a prolongued and extensive leaflet campaign in order to raise awareness. As soon as I learn how to spell lickerish.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Not only can you not get Coffee walnut whips anymore, they also took the bloody walnut out of the inside, leaving a solitary half walnut on the top :tantrum:

PS Easy, I think lickerish is taking this thread slightly off topic

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Err. Sorry Easy I have just eaten his head. :(

Altered State

Feb 19, 2008
Olney, Bucks
Wagon Wheels are microscopic now as well. Or am I just getting bigger? :blush:

The WW packets in our local shop say 'SIZE MATTERS'! They still seem to be smaller than actual wagon wheels though.

And Bertie Bassett OUT - Dave Bassett could do a job there?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sack The Board & P45 for Bertie 'Judas' Bassett!! :tantrum:

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I've been an avid reader of NSC off and on for many years, I have laughed and I have cried along with the comments but nothing has driven me to actually post anything as I never thought my opinion would count.

However I too am angered by the gradual destruction of all elements of my childhood - what legacy can we leave our children and our children's children if the basics are gone.

Its the simple pleasures in life that make it worth living.

so I'm going to hold my breath and stamp my feet until they bring real sweets back

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Hornby train sets are made in China. Meccano is made in France. And on and on. :shrug:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
3d.:lolol:

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
remember the pez sweets with the toy dispenser?, you used to flick the head back and a pink one would pop out, sounds rude dunnit.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
oh yeah and tuti fruti`s, they were lovely and chewy, used to shove about 15 in my gob at once to make a giant chewy ball of delight

even mars dont taste the same anymore

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports