Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The happiness didn't last long.

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
Fry's chocolate cream bar with multi flavoured fruit filling in each bit (Fry's Five Centres, previously Frys Five Boys) - now it's just the mint version (and I think an unfindable orange-only one)

The apparently unfindable orange-only one is currently available from Pipers the Newsagent in Heathfield.

and I agree 100% with the sentiment of this thread.

(which is not something that has ever happened before)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I hate liquorice but I love sherbet. Used to buy the Fountains just for the sherbert and chuck the straw away, so not bothered by the lack of straw sticking out. However I fear something will be lost by the absence of a tube you can squeeze to get the last bit of sherbert out of. I will have to stick to Sherbert Dip Dabs instead. Or flying saucers.

Re Smarties: not only do they look rubbish but taste rubbish too these days :angry:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
When I were a lad you could buy sweet cigarettes, sweet matches, sweet pipe tobacco (that was nice) and liquorice pipes. Did they turn me into a smoker? - no - but my teeth fell out!

you can still buy a licorice crack pipe and sherbert cocaine with candy razor blade to chop it

Exiled in Indooroopilly

I found this spoon sir
Feb 12, 2009
These would have your fillings out very quickly!!

Attachments

• texan_bar.jpg
    texan_bar.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 67

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
I can't remember the name of it-DIB DAB or something but you got one half of cherry powder and the other orange with a crunchy stick on the left.

I used to buy at least half a dozen every Sunday lunchtime after church.Marvellous.Watching 'Bullseye' early evening having rotted my teeth with them.I don't know if they're still about.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Wagon Wheels are OUTRAGEOUSLY vile.
Someone told me once that Wagon Wheels were the final outlet for biscuits made by the same manufacturer that were about to go on the turn. They certainly tasted like it, although they were, as I recall,the only chocolate sold at the back of the west stand at the Goldstone in the 80s.
Instead of CCF, I used to 'Granny Bash'
We've all done it. I kicked three coffin dodgers sticks away in an afternoon once.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't remember the name of it-DIB DAB or something but you got one half of cherry powder and the other orange with a crunchy stick on the left.

I used to buy at least half a dozen every Sunday lunchtime after church.Marvellous.Watching 'Bullseye' early evening having rotted my teeth with them.I don't know if they're still about.

Double Dip, I believe. They are still about, in some kind of bastardised format.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
"Chewier than a Barrow-in-Furness bus depot..."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here