Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The happiness didn't last long.

Jul 26, 2004
Next Door
Did anyone ever choke on a Spangle and have their Dad hold them upside down by the ankles till they coughed the offending item out. Or was that just me? Maybe its a 1970's thing. Still at least I know what to do with my kids.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Wagon Wheels are OUTRAGEOUSLY vile. Instead of CCF, I used to 'Granny Bash' and the only delight (sic) that was served with the tea, that they provided, was the dreaded WW. Rank food. How did they ever market that culinary catastrophe?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Wagon Wheels are OUTRAGEOUSLY vile. Instead of CCF, I used to 'Granny Bash' and the only delight (sic) that was served with the tea, that they provided, was the dreaded WW. Rank food. How did they ever market that culinary catastrophe?

The Grannies gave them to you as a treat. In the early, mid-fifties they were chocolate, a rarity for us kids in those days and they were relatively cheap.:cry:

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
_40841575_smarties_pa203.jpg
awful

_40841889_smarties-old.jpg
missed

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Maybe they laced them with Rohypnol. :lolol:

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
When I were a lad you could buy sweet cigarettes, sweet matches, sweet pipe tobacco (that was nice) and liquorice pipes. Did they turn me into a smoker? - no - but my teeth fell out!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
and Curly Wurly's. Have you seen the ridiculous size they are now. I swear when I were a lad they were about three feet long!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
When I were a lad you could buy sweet cigarettes, sweet matches, sweet pipe tobacco (that was nice) and liquorice pipes. Did they turn me into a smoker? - no - but my teeth fell out!

Don't forget the laxative properties.:p

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
remember the pez sweets with the toy dispenser?, you used to flick the head back and a pink one would pop out, sounds rude dunnit.

The story was that Pierre something-or-other started selling these over the fledgling internet in about 95/96, and did quite well, until it grew into what we now know as.........eBay!

Probably on his way to his first billion :ohmy:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
The story was that Pierre something-or-other started selling these over the fledgling internet in about 95/96, and did quite well, until it grew into what we now know as.........eBay!

Probably on his way to his first billion :ohmy:

First? eBay made nearly $2Bn in *profit* last year! Forbes has him down as being worth about £3Bn I think...

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Who remembers Chewits with the dinasour eating the skyscrapers until he discovered.....

CHEWITS

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Fry's chocolate cream bar with multi flavoured fruit filling in each bit (Fry's Five Centres, previously Frys Five Boys) - now it's just the mint version (and I think an unfindable orange-only one)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here